Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:40 am
Sleeping Beauty: Thousand Years Later, The Prince Arrives

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Disney Happy Ending:

A newborn princess is born to King Stefan and Queen Leah, who they decide to name Aurora, after the dawn. While an infant, she is betrothed to the young Prince Phillip, son of King Hubert, so the two kingdoms will be united. At her christening, the "Three Good Fairies" - Flora, Fauna and Merryweather - arrive to bless her. Unfortunately the wicked fairy Maleficent arrives before Merryweather can give her blessing. Maleficent casts an evil curse on Aurora saying that she will die on her sixteen birthday after touching the spindle of a spinning wheel. Merryweather uses her blessing to weaken the curse, so that Aurora falls asleep rather than die, and won't waken until she is kissed by her true love. King Stefan is afraid of this curse, ordering that all spinning wheels be burned, and Aurora is sent off to live in a cottage in the woods with the Three Good Fairies. Years later, we find the Good Fairies preparing for a surprise party for Aurora (now called Briar-Rose)'s sixteen birthday, but their non-magical attempts result in disaster. They decide to use their wands, resulting in a magical fight between Flora and Merryweather over the color of the dress - which catches Diablo's (Maleficient's raven) attention. Meanwhile, Aurora is out in the forest, when she crosses paths with Prince Phillip, now a handsome young man. They instantly fall in love, not realizing that they already know each other. Aurora returns home only to find out that she is being moved to her parents' castle, resulting in not being able to see Phillip later that evening. Maleficient uses her magic to lure Aurora away up a hidden tower, where she touches the spindle of a spinning wheel - resulting in the curse being complete. The good fairies place Aurora on a bed and place all in the kingdom in a deep ageless sleep until the spell is broken. Upon hearing Hubert muttering in his sleep about Phillip falling in love with a "peasant girl", Flora realizes it's Aurora. The good fairies instantly fly off in search for him, believing him to be waiting at the cottage, only to find out that he was captured by Maleficient's minions and taken back to her castle. The fairies sneak in and free the prince, arming him with the magical Sword of Truth and the Shield of Virtue. Maleficent tries to prevent Phillip from reaching the Princess by putting a large bush of thorns in his way, which he cut through with his sword. Then she transformed into a gigantic fire-breathing dragon, engaging in the fight herself, until the Prince stabbed the sword into her heart, killing her. The Prince climbs to Aurora's chamber, removes the curse with a kiss, and ends up marrying her.

The Original Ending:
The same storyline as portrayed in the Disney film occurs - a princess is born, fairies offer gifts to the child, and a wicked fairy casts a curse on the princess where she will p***k her finger on a spindle to die. Unlike the Disney film, where the Princess will sleep until the true love's kiss, in the original tale, the princess will sleep for a hundred years until the kiss occurs. The King forbades any spinning on a spindle, but all in vain - the Princess (now fifteen or sixteen) comes across an old woman in a tower of the castle, who was spinning. The Princess asked to try the unfamiliar task, resulting in pricking her finger. The good fairy returned putting everyone in the castle to sleep, and a forest of briars around the castle, to shield it from the outside world. Hundred years pass and a prince hears about the story, who decides to brave the wood - which parted at his approach and he enters the castle. He trembles at the princess' beauty, falling on his knees before her, and kisses her - causing the Princess and everyone to wake up.

In the original version of the story, there are two parts. The second part continues from the usual "happily ever after" ending we're familiar with from the Disney film. The Prince and Princess are secretly wed and now have two children - which is kept secret from the Prince's mother, who is from an ogre lineage. During the beginning of a declared war by the Prince on a nearby Emperor, the Ogress Queen Mother sends Aurora and the children to a house secluded in the woods, directing the cook there to prepare the boy for her dinner. The humane cook substituted a lamb for the boy, and later a goat for the girl. The Ogress then demanded for the young Queen to be served; Aurora asked that her throat be slit, so she might join the children she imagined were dead. There was a tearful secret reunion in the cook's little house, while the Queen Mother was satisfied with a hind as a substitute. However, the Ogress Queen discovered the trick and prepared a tub in the courtyard filled with vipers and other noxious creatures. The King ((Prince)) returned in the nick of time and the Ogress, being discovered, threw himself into the pit she prepared. As a result, a happily ever after.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 am
Meh... okay. I'm starting to get bored doing this whole movie thing. I guess if people really want to know about the true story of their favorite Disney films or any Disney film, they can always do their own research.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 am
*plays Booty Grab*

It's been such a long time since I last played Booty Grab.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:51 am
I'm going to go take a shower, and then eat some lunch. So I'll be back in a bit.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:34 pm
I'm back for awhile, until I leave with Dad to head to town.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:35 pm
It's been so long since I've worn my hair in a ponytail. I've been wearing my hair mostly with the top layer pulled back, or occasionally all of it down. I don't think I've had my hair in a ponytail since I was in high school. surprised  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:37 pm
I noticed that my knees are starting to do the peeling look, where I got sun on them. My arms are still peeling... but not that much. I think they're almost done with their peeling session.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:40 pm
Anyway... when I get back from town with Dad, I'll have to start reading the first book for my class. 3nodding Thankfully it's one of the short ones, and I believe it contains poetry, so it probably won't take too long. Then I have to do the Critical Response for it... which is in such a different format than the CR's I had to do for my Jane Austen class... or any other class at that.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:42 pm
Tomorrow I have my Timed Write - one of two requirements for the university when you've reached the Junior level. *sighs* I'm sure I'll do fine. I always do good with writing essays, even if it's for testing reasons. But still... there's a part of me that's not liking the idea of having to do it. And the fact that I'm hoping it will be on a subject(s) that interest me. I always dislike it when the topics always seem to be history or war oriented. I wouldn't mind the history aspect if was about a time in history I am actually interested in. But that never happens. It's usually always about WWI or WWII or anything revolving around the time period.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:43 pm
I have developed a plan with my reading situation. During the day, I will read my school books and whatever else I am required to read for class. And then just before I go to sleep, I'll read Eclipse.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm
I already started Eclipse last night. If I keep up the pace that I went last night, and I read every night from now on, I'll probably finish Eclipse in 7 days. In other words, just on the day of the movie release.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm
When the first Twilight movie came out, I told myself that I would read the book before the film with. And that I would do this with the other films as well. I wasn't sure whether I would be able to do it with Eclipse earlier, because I didn't have Eclipse as that time. But now I do! smile So I can try to finish reading the novel before the movie is released.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 pm
I'm not sure if my friends plan on doing the midnight premiere for Eclipse or not. I know we did it for New Moon. *shrugs* But we might not be able to do it this year, because of the day it takes place on ((why the middle of the week for the release?)) and a lot of my friends having work and/or school.

Though if it releases on the morning of June 30... I might be able to do it, if the group did decide to do the midnight premiere, since that's not a school day. Pretty much I would be going from class to the theater, if that was the case.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:49 pm
Meh. We'll see. I haven't heard any mentions of it from any of my friends... so I'm going to assume at this time that we're probably not going to do the midnight premiere.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:50 pm
*goes to TekTek to see if the cosplay Gaia items are up yet*

I need to figure out whether I want any of the items or not. *sighs*  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 2594 2595 2596 2597 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games