Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am
No, it doesn't make sense to me... I'm not sure if I get it. But with Resident Evil, even the oldschool ones, they are very American in flavor, right down to the very gameplay mechanics, which were lifted from AitD, an American game.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:40 am
I better start getting ready to go home into the city. That means packing up shaving stuff, laptop, book bag and hand bag...I think it's stupid that people here in Taiwan think RE5 is cool, but then gain not many fans over here care about the storyline that care about the game play mechanics. I was playing the demo the other day and they kept saying zombies, and not plagas, or monster...I don't know how they would say Plagas in Chinese, but they were definitely saying Zombie. I told them it's not a Zombie and explained why. After that they still didn't care. they're a bunch of idiots.
Edit: I think you're confused the only american like element was the fact that they have characters and and it took place in USA. By the way antoher reason why they have Jill blonde is because they couldn't think of antoher way to but an alternate new character in tere that is blonde. Remember in every game they have to have a blonde.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 am
Yes, I know what you mean. What I'm saying is that certain japanese influences are only appreciated by like... people in touch with Japanese culture, or who play more Japan oriented games on a regular basis. Like, the typical mainstream gamer of North America might not know the significance of the Masamune blade, or the idea behind protection charms and such, or even that Biohazard is the true title for Resident Evil in Japan.

What Capcom started putting into RE is the kind of stuff that people generally know about. Which, I'm not sure how to list, but basically, it's like the Matrix sequels. They didn't feel JAPANESE, but they definitely felt Anime-ish. That's exactly the case with RE now, only worse. Which makes it still relevant to the mainstream American gamer, but too over the top for a hardcore Western horror fan to appreciate. Speaking from personal experience, of course.

EDIT: And yes, Alkaizer, that's the ONE thing that pisses me off more than anything. Is that these MORONS are calling them zombies. That's an insult to the entire zombie sub-culture.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:45 am
...Ok...Anyways I seriously should get packing now. I'll get back on in a like an hour and thirty minutes to join in again on this discussion, but then again I'm jsut the casual gamer, but somewhat more informed thant he casual gamer.  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:51 am
Was the "Jill Sandwich" line included to better attune to American audiences? Cuz if so, FAIL. Or if not, then that's a weird sense of humour they have over there...I think you had the America sense from the get go, with the Director's Cut and the cheesy actors ha ha. The fact that they made Jill blond to better associate with Americans or Western audiences was out right retarded. I'm pretty sure her normal hair color was American Graffiti as well. Plus, I associate blonds with Germans mostly, no? Well, Americans and Germans...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 am
Sorry...but, POST 2000 STOLEN!!! Wooh, first time I ever got a thousandth post...I'm so sad and proud of myself! crying  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:22 am
Swedish, actually. If someone says, "I picked up a Swedish chick," a blonde is the first thing that comes to mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:12 am
That can be as well.  

King of Paradise

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:38 pm
Ok, this is the deal, <******** IGN...their editors are so full of bull s**t, its hard for them to properly analyze a game anymore. They were talking about how Mercenaries mini-game will not be online and the writer makes a dumb-a** remark by saying, the lack of online is a let down. I couldn't help myself and created a account to give them a pice of my mind. Do yourself a favor and stand clear of Resident Evil 5 fanboys. There contagious over at IGN. scream

BIO: Does this mean you died and resurrected as a flesh eater now?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Yeah? And guess what? RE6, Mercenary mode will be online, just because IGN (and probably many other critics) said it's a let down, and Capcom must cater to the kind of people who buy a game like Call of Duty 4, JUST for the online play.

Erm.... But I'm not quite sure what that question means exactly. What is the flesh eater a metaphor for?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:03 pm
...Zombie, consider you left us and returned.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:07 pm
Well, it's not as if I ceased to be a member of the guild. I've taken longer hiatuses before.
And frankly, I didn't expect to be so soon. It's just, after Thee Stranger's little report, I couldn't help but writhe in joy that this game is starting to disappoint people.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:03 pm
Yeah ever since Re4 nothing seems right anymore. I'm just in right now to see howmany other ways I can insult capcom by doing weird photoshop requests...for the record I don't think I'm getting any feed back on the movie...well not enough anyways. What I mean by movie is the RE5 movie poster I created...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:22 pm
It's just too bad that so many people who once agreed with me about how little integrity RE has anymore, and how much of a cookie cutter game it's become, are once again giving into the hype and going all, "I'm so excited for RE5!"
Well, there's a wakeup call coming on the 13th. Resident Evil as we've come to love it, is dead.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:43 am
CONTAINED POST-MM 212 Beta  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games