Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:22 am

Yoder
Hey, Cobalt. Welcome to the Refuge! I see that you're already enjoying yourelf here.

Formalities over: Wow! Lot's of music talk. Hah, and I understand every word of it, too (my sister is an amazing singer, so I was always aroud music terms and theory). I love music. For me it is a passion. I love to sing, play handbells (if anyone else in the world knows what they are, I'd be forever happy), and compose techno. Yeah, I'm a techno junkie. *hides from the flaming wrath of Goosey and Cobalt*

Yay handbells! heart I've only played them since January, but they're loads of fun. 3nodding

Also, I enjoy techno, too. Just because I'm a classical music nerd doesn't mean I only enjoy that kind of music! heart
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:03 pm

Finally! Someone else who knows what handbells are! Hallelujah! I was part of the advanced handbell choir before I left my old school. I loved handbells so much and that is probably my only regret about leaving. You may have heard abou my school's handbell choir, because we actually went down last year to play at the presidential inauguration. It was so much fun! Which bells do you like best? I did the D and E (including all of the sharps and flats) above middle C, most of the time.

Well, I like classical music, too, but I just figured that, like most people, you don't consider techno to be music. So many have just called it "noise", yet is is so much more than that.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Eternally Tired

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:43 pm

blcknwhtenredallover is....

My old church used to use handbells. *heh just thought i'd add my thought to the conversation*

posting! so be smart, pay attention.....
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Yay for more handbell knowers! (if "know-ers" is even a word)

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Eternally Tired

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Heh i used to play them...then i got fed up with my church and became a non-church goer person.... sweatdrop 3nodding xd
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:09 pm

sweatdrop I myself have played Piano, Trumpet and now play guitar...acoustic.... xp

So much talk of music, I'm so glad that musical arts have finally stepped up into conversation here...There's just so much variety in the world....languages, culture...but it's music that can unite us all!! *strikes a pose*

xXKyousukeXx

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:08 pm

*raises hand*
I... am a techno junkie too...
*grins*
I want to work on my own stuff in my spare time, sometime in the future (after I get the right equipment, and shtuff)...
If I dont wind up busy all the time, or wind up in a major band, or something....
But its the Bass that my heart belongs to...
The double bass with the woody-heart beat to hold an orchestra together...
The electric bass, which I will eventually come up with some solo songs of my own that besides for possible singing, the music will be bass-only...

Did I mention that I love my bass?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Aw, that's too bad. I like shurch, just not mine, because they are so uber-legalistic. They just make up stuf that isn't even in the Bible for the fun of it as it seems. Why adhere(sp?) to standards that your religion doesn't say you have to?

Same here with the piano, Kyou. I didn't mention it, because I think practically everybody knows how to play or has played the piano. A true maxim, for sure.

Yay for another techno junkie! The bass is cool, Goosey!

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Raiden Myre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:35 pm

im randomly introducing myself because i felt it would be fun...i think

in any case my names ray (not my real namemind you but i like this better) or raiden rays more common tho cause it sounds cool and is easy to pronounce XP im 15 and ive been role playing for years now and ive always been fond of this kind of thing. im also a sort of artist although i don't have a scanner yet tho...
yes i am a guy nothing creapy there oh! and single if anyone cares anyway thats me and its nice to meetchall biggrin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:37 pm

Hey, Ray! *<- it rhymes whee *

Nice to meet you! Have a fun time here at the Role-Play Refuge!

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Raiden Myre

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:38 pm

i also can't play any instrument tho i tried playing a trumpet in band class in grade seven.....I failed that corse prety badly...
Luckily no one cares about elementary! blaugh
I really wish i could play a guitar id be a total chic magnet! TT.TT
thats why all my rp characters do 3nodding
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 pm

Yoder
Finally! Someone else who knows what handbells are! Hallelujah! I was part of the advanced handbell choir before I left my old school. I loved handbells so much and that is probably my only regret about leaving. You may have heard abou my school's handbell choir, because we actually went down last year to play at the presidential inauguration. It was so much fun! Which bells do you like best? I did the D and E (including all of the sharps and flats) above middle C, most of the time.

Well, I like classical music, too, but I just figured that, like most people, you don't consider techno to be music. So many have just called it "noise", yet is is so much more than that.

I kinda bounced around in my handbell choir, so I don't really have a favorite to play, but boy, those low low bells are TRES COOL to listen to. And the really high ones too, if they're played well in a nice, resonant accoustic.

And I would actually agree that some techno is just noise - but there's stuff like that in any genre, classical included (believe it or not). But I do enjoy the good stuff. 3nodding

Cobalt

Micaelae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:20 pm

I tried playng Cello back in high school, i was Pretty dam good too, for a begginner(like 5 or 6 lessons tops maybe?), but my fingers for soem reason wer elike really week ro seomthing, and using the string sactually slit my fingers openx.x, or maybe it was just that the instruments were all old?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 am

Yeah, the low and high are cool, but I liked my notes, because they would play more often than the lowest or highest ones.

Yeah, that is true. Some is, but that is actually a sub-genre of techno. There is some group that has taken all of the great classics by Chopin, Beethoven, Handel, and Bach and made them techno. It sounds awesome. I think I have heard the classical of which you speak. Was it around during the 1930's-1940's? I can't remember what it was called, but it was meant to be played so it didn't harmonize.

Oh, that sounds horrible, Ive. I'm glad I never got into strings. I would hate if that happened to me!

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:33 pm

Yoder
I think I have heard the classical of which you speak. Was it around during the 1930's-1940's? I can't remember what it was called, but it was meant to be played so it didn't harmonize.

Haha, yes. The experimentalists of the last century have come up with some really crazy-sounding stuff, some of which is cool, some of which is cool only as a concept, and some of it is just plain terrible. In my opinion, music needs to have a purpose - and its first purpose was to entertain. Now, there's nothing wrong with music that exists because it's something different, but it should exist for its own sake, too. I think some experimentalists and modernists don't think that way, and they're the ones whose music I tend to think is just noise.

But there are also those who argue this: what is music, but organized noise?
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games