Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks for working so hard Chain! *huggles*
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:22 pm

At the risk of having too many cooks in the kitchen, I'll put in my two cents, but just take it as suggestions... I, in no way, want to stop progress! wink

Introductions (as a sub-forum):
-New Member Interviews
-Questions About the Rules
-Special Occasions

Activities:
-Huggles and Glomps
-Make a Wish

Equinox Parties can take the place of one of the empty sub-forums?
And maybe some of our active members would like their own sub-forum?
I think Poetry, Photography, Art, & More should stay... it needs to be cleaned up, but maybe Dreams could fit under there, or give it its own thread/topic... (I keep wanting to add something to that one, but I haven't been able to remember by the time I get online, or its just too personal and would need too much explanation to post! xp )

I think everyone should feel free to add new topics in the main forum all they want. And as they slow down or become irrelevant, we can move them under the appropriate sub-forum.

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Too much work and no play...
be sure to stop by "Laissez le Bon Temp Rouler" for this week's Mardi Gras theme, and post your creation for Nature's Finest.
Also cast your vote for the best "More than Mere Mortal."
If you want to be crowned King or Queen for next year, go give us your loudest Mardi Gras parade shout for beads (or cups, or pointed sticks... whatever throws you treasure)
and stay tuned as the weeks go by to see who gets crowned as next year's Grand Marshall of Watu Mardi Gras! This person will get the honor of presenting the themes for 2010!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:58 am

Alright... I kind of see some of your points.

I was just noticing that, anything that gets moved to sub-forums, and often new stuff in sub-forums, doesn't get a lot of traffic. So I just figured, we should start trying to do more stuff outside of the sub-forums. Plus, if you look at most other guilds, we really do have a ridiculous number of sub-forums and a paltry number of main forum topics.

I just figured... since we've been on the subforum crazy trend... and it hasn't really been working out too well... we should start moving in the opposite direction. The Activities forum... well... A lot of us check that, now. I don't think people really knew it was all that active... so it started to die.

I don't know... this is good though. We're talking about it, which is always good.

Our three options, in the most general terms possible, are really:

1.) Leave it alone
2.) Try to make the subforums more active somehow
3.) Try to move away from the subforums

In my opinion, 1 is out of the question, and 2 would be that hardest to do, and require the most effort from everyone, and it's not jsut a one time effort and it's fixed... it'd be continuous effort. So... right now... 3 looked like the best to me.

If you can see any other really general solutions, by all means, share them. We just need to figure out... what needs to be fixed, not necessarily how to do it, yet.

((I do hope everyone understands what I mean by general...))

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:02 am

We really do need to discuss this, and argue about how to do it. Please, please, please do not simply just let me dominate this decision process. I really DO want to hear all of your opinions. I really do take each and every one in to consideration. If I wasn't so tired, I'd have read what Gweener said in very close, scrutinizing detail... and evaluated the pros and cons... but I'm really, really tired... and I'll have more than enough time tomorrow today, whether college is canceled again or not... since if it is, I'll get the day off, and if it isn't, I have this huge 3 and a half hour break in between classes... which is what I used to try and fix up the forums last time.

I'll come back with a better talk about your ideas later, Gwee. Promise.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 am

... I'm actually kind of hoping it's not canceled... because today yesterday, now, I guess, my Mom forced me to read my textbooks way ahead... which is why I couldn't get on until now.

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:27 am

I've got no quarrels with the current plans concerning the 'subforum issue' ~ :3

Although, I do agree that option 3 would probably be best, seeing as there are many unused sub-forums.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Ok, I totally see the benefits of moving more things to the main forum. And I know what you mean about being too tired to think straight; I've been feeling like that since Monday... and it's only Wednesday!!! That's probably why the only way I could think to convey my thoughts was in the form of an outline.

But what I was thinking was that since Activities is pretty popular,... more of the things that could be categorized as an activity could be moved there; Even though it does make me nervous, about them being seen less and then forgotten. So just because something could be categorized as an activity doesn't mean that it can't start out in the main forum.

And then other stuff that is necessary, but not really ongoing, like introductions, interviews, question about rules, people's birthdays (special occasions)... all that stuff can just be tucked under another sub-forum (Introductions) that's not really active, but informational never the less.

I'd like it if everyone just went crazy creating new topics in the main forum. Eventually these could be evaluated as worthy to move to activities or retired to the graveyard. And no doubt that some will find their home right there in the main forum. But this might help open the door for all members to get creative.

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:27 pm

I think thats a good idea Gwee! Although, I do agree that out of sight out of mind could be a problem.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:41 am

I was mainly just... hesitant to move all the introduction stuff back into a sub-forum after I had just moved it out of one. Besides... someone said that stuff's usually in the main forum... and really, they're right... But I suppose it doesn't have to be in ours, because we really don't have too many new people joining all that much right now. If it gets busy again, we should move it back into the main forum, I think... For right now, it can have its own.

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:51 am

If only we could all meet and debate together.. D:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 am

Yeah, I know... that'd be nice.

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Most definitely!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:43 am

I think what you are trying to do here Chainsaw is awesome. And I thank you deeply. It's no easy task. Since I've been so sick and away for so long; I couldn't keep up with it and stay on track of things. I am with you a hundred percent. I would like for Activities to hang around in an area where it can be seen. Maybe moved to the main section of the Guild. It's the only part of the Guild that I can currently remain consistent with. Hope that's okay with you, Gwee, Hazumu and Pie and some of the others'. As it seems now; I don't think many other members really care about what happens to our Guild. Maybe having a smaller member count isn't so bad. There are only a few of us who still enjoy meeting up with one another, responding, or posting something new to challenge other members. These few people; and you know who you are...are the main reason I've come back and continue to come back as my health permits. I love you all so much. Keep up the good work Chain.

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:55 am

I'm so glad to have you back, Li'l T! Looks like I don't have to start bugging you, after all!

XD
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games