Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kalile Alako

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:50 pm
Suddenly, it all comes clear. xd Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:30 am
Menegil
I haven't looked upon The Fellowship thread yet. Must scour the subforum, in order to find some salvageable forums.

GODS, I love BFME!! Isengard is just bloody awesome. *sends not one bomb to a section of Helm's Deep wall, but sends dozens of them to all sections of the walls, then sends in his huge army of uber-cool-armed-to-the-teeth Warg Riders* Deeping Wall my a**! xd

I've passed the Good Campaign, and I'm now trying to conquer Osgiliath in the Evil Campaign with my army of Mountain Trolls heart .

I've only been playing the skirmishes, haven't given the campaigns a go yet. sweatdrop

Oh, and I found a way to "manipulate" the game and increase the command limit to 10,000+ instead of 300. xd  

Khorkalba

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:37 am
imyavie
*hug* There must be something you could do though. Even if you pet them, couldn't you just wash your hands with soap right after?

I'm allergic to the airborn cat dander...*nods* That's the problemo.

And I'm getting annoyed that my name still shows up as Zamster here. Stupid guilds. It's actually Zurgi now. Ah well..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:10 am
Longbow UK
Menegil
I haven't looked upon The Fellowship thread yet. Must scour the subforum, in order to find some salvageable forums.

GODS, I love BFME!! Isengard is just bloody awesome. *sends not one bomb to a section of Helm's Deep wall, but sends dozens of them to all sections of the walls, then sends in his huge army of uber-cool-armed-to-the-teeth Warg Riders* Deeping Wall my a**! xd

I've passed the Good Campaign, and I'm now trying to conquer Osgiliath in the Evil Campaign with my army of Mountain Trolls heart .

I've only been playing the skirmishes, haven't given the campaigns a go yet. sweatdrop

Oh, and I found a way to "manipulate" the game and increase the command limit to 10,000+ instead of 300. xd

Ahh you sneaky cheater. wink wink wink
I too have found this little loophole along with a way to make special units such as the Balrog and the Dead Army to stay out for as long as you want. So instead of kicking a** for a few minutes, they kick a** forever.  

Onoj

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:27 am
Onoj
Longbow UK
Menegil

Ahh you sneaky cheater. wink wink wink
I too have found this little loophole along with a way to make special units such as the Balrog and the Dead Army to stay out for as long as you want. So instead of kicking a** for a few minutes, they kick a** forever.

I can get rid of the waiting time after using a special ability, so in a matter of seconds I could have 20 Balrogs on the battlefield, for example.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:38 am
Lol. I love games that are easily modifiable. In fact they wanted this game to be much more advanced and extensive than it is but didn't have the time or the resources so I think they made the mods so easy to "hack" into just so we could make it extensive as they had dreamed.  

Onoj

Onoj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:00 am
Ok I am watching the ROTK appendices and they keep saying Minas Tirith like Mine-as Teerith. Ahh it is bugging the crap out of me. Meenas Teerith!

Just thought I would say that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:58 am
I want that game! it sounds great...

now, when you say modify, do you mean use cheats? or what?  

Thaxul

Onoj

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:25 pm
thaxul
I want that game! it sounds great...

now, when you say modify, do you mean use cheats? or what?

No I mean change the original limitations of the game. Some people have 3D model creators and for Jedi Outcast can create actual usable models of say Aragorn as a Jedi. The same thing can be incorporated in BFME. We don't cheat but we can go inside the written codes and scripts of the game and change somethings to make the game more fun, such as up ho many men we can have located in our army.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:27 pm
zylaxidia
Serni
thaxul
Theres not enough Tolkienites on gaia?

You have to be careful with that. It would stink if there were too many as well.

How so?

Well, it would be okay if they all knew what they were talking about, but as we have seen in the sub-forum, it's just not possible. I'd rather have just a few of us who actually know something than a whole bunch of people thinking they know something. It would become something else that people get into because it's 'cool' not because they love it. It just woudn't mean as much to me anyway.  

Serni

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:09 pm
Serni
Well, it would be okay if they all knew what they were talking about, but as we have seen in the sub-forum, it's just not possible. I'd rather have just a few of us who actually know something than a whole bunch of people thinking they know something. It would become something else that people get into because it's 'cool' not because they love it. It just woudn't mean as much to me anyway.

By Tolkienites, I did mean literate people who knew and loved Tolkiens works, not just those in the subforum who think they know about it, but don't and just appear stupid.

@Onoj: Oh, but would it be possile for someone to mess up with that, and completely ruin the scriptings of the game?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:13 pm
thaxul
Serni

By Tolkienites, I did mean literate people who knew and loved Tolkiens works, not just those in the subforum who think they know about it, but don't and just appear stupid.

@Onoj: Oh, but would it be possile for someone to mess up with that, and completely ruin the scriptings of the game?

Very very easily. That is why you should half way know what you are doing. I have never done that but the stuff Longbow and I are doing isn't That extreme. However all you would have to do is go back and change it to it's original look, or reinstall the game.  

Onoj

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:42 pm
so you would need basic knowledge on scripts and codings to mess with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:38 pm
Hehe, messing with coding and stuff is fun.

My Start button used to say Stuffums in Windows...and I changed some random things here and there by getting into the files using this program. It was fun.

I haven't bothered messing with BfME yet though, but I should...that'd be fun! I like messing around with stuff on my computer. I feel like going on Linux now that we're talking about this....blerg.  

Zurgi

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:48 pm
My computer demands fortnightly sacrifices of lambs' blood, or it becomes wrathful and doesn't send rain for the harvest sad

Actually, I know very little about how my computer programs work, and so I pretty much don't tinker with them ever. If there's a problem, I call my dad to fix it. It's kind of pathetic, really. xd  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games