Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● OOC
Official OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:26 pm
Lord Yozo
Chandra Panesar
Pfft, that would be funny to see. But I should probably pull Esme from the New Year's event; not sure I really feel all that welcome. :/

Hi Hi! I've been out and about and I just caught wind of all of this shebang going on in our lovely guild that I like to call home. Just wanted to say that everyone is welcome regardless of their preferences, personality. But like my Colleague said, in a more tame sense, our captain was just trying to voice her opinion. If you don't feel the need to take that opinion to heart than by all means, you do you! You have the right to be your own person. We've all had a bit of a rough day, whether it be through social interaction, work or anything else! So how about we all just let this drama slide and get back to the fun of Roleplay!

Your friendly crew member,
Yozo ;D

You're a lot more patient than I am. > w > oh lovely VC, I'm glad I never nuked China just to kill you...even though you don't even live in China.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:31 pm
whiters4
Lord Yozo
Chandra Panesar
Pfft, that would be funny to see. But I should probably pull Esme from the New Year's event; not sure I really feel all that welcome. :/

Hi Hi! I've been out and about and I just caught wind of all of this shebang going on in our lovely guild that I like to call home. Just wanted to say that everyone is welcome regardless of their preferences, personality. But like my Colleague said, in a more tame sense, our captain was just trying to voice her opinion. If you don't feel the need to take that opinion to heart than by all means, you do you! You have the right to be your own person. We've all had a bit of a rough day, whether it be through social interaction, work or anything else! So how about we all just let this drama slide and get back to the fun of Roleplay!

Your friendly crew member,
Yozo ;D

You're a lot more patient than I am. > w > oh lovely VC, I'm glad I never nuked China just to kill you...even though you don't even live in China.

Someone has to try wink

Lord Yozo

Dapper Fatcat

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:05 pm
Chandra Panesar

This exactly. But I guess I can have Esme d**k off from work and break character if it seriously bothers everyone that I play him the way I wrote him.

Look, usually I'm sarcastic until the cows come home. I can even be snippy- I have my shortcoming; but, I'm not unually blatantly mean. For that, I apologize.

However, nothing passive aggressive was said until *you* made the statement I quoted just now. Until my specific interjection, you weren't being personally attacked or even spoken to unkindly.

Try to understand, all we were doing was jokingly saying we would like to see you guys expand your horizons and interact with some of our other people. Was that a bad thing? Was it accusing you of doing something wrong? No. In fact, as leaders, shouldn't we be making sure everyone has a fair experience? I like to think so, and that's all we were trying to do.

So with that being said, I not only hope you'll excuse my last statement, but that you'll try to help us make this a better place for everyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:35 pm
Lord Yozo, thank you for a polite response. I know first hand that it isn't always easy to do when it seems like one person is at the center of a drama.

Whiters4, I respect your opinion and that you defend your captain. I was really only upset by it because I felt that I was sarcastic, but not disrespectful. I was frustrated because everything I said was responded to with something along the lines of "Not Esme specifically, but you guys are a clique." I did feel that my concerns were ignored so I became frustrated. I can't speak for the others, so I spoke only for myself; I never claimed to be personally attacked. Not trying to strike up more arguing, but I would like my side understood as well. But I am sorry that I brought in direct negativity with my sarcasm; that was on me and I never denied that. That said, I think it's in everyone's best interest that I just do what I already intended; I'll keep your opinions in mind for future posts. If we can both agree that is the right thing to do, then I think that's enough to agree on.

oOBookwormYumiOo, I will apologize for my sarcasm. I felt a bit attacked (not personally, but Esme is a part of the group being called a clique for working together three days in a row) and it did not feel lighthearted or humorous, but I clearly misread your intent. And that is not your fault, so I hope an apology can clear it up and we can just return to roleplaying.

I have read and seriously considered everyone's opinions, regardless of how it may seem, and I will take them into account. It's not my intent to isolate anyone.

To everyone: Sorry I didn't have the forethought not to bring my poor reaction to the public OOC everyone uses. I know that was uncalled for.

oOBookwormYumiOo

whiters4

Lord Yozo

Chandra Panesar

Melodious Angel

25,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Winged 100

Lord Yozo

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:47 pm
Chandra Panesar

Don't worry about it, everyone has their days. I like to believe that once things are talked over anything can be fixed. In the end no one should be mad at anyone, I'm not saying we pretend this never happened but I am saying we accept that it happened, learn from it and move on from that. Everyone was just trying to say what was on their mind and things got a bit out of hand but that's ok! We're all human, everyone makes mistakes, myself included. But the real goal is to learn from those mistakes.

P.S No one uses "Lord" when they call me by name. Just Yozo is enough 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:07 pm
On a completely separate note...
Melody Brooke is a waitress at The Captain's Deck. All of the crew has shown up except for her.

Can we expect this position to be opened, providing that I can not find the owner of this character on our member's list?  

A4854R744L7512E1

SoujiAtsumi

Masterful Trickster

20,000 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:28 pm
Vendemmian
Chandra Panesar

Lady Sage Muffin

DeathAngelLe

Not 100% sure what went down when I was gone, buuut when it comes to Gideon I'm okay with him and Sahar being friends. He would be interested in hanging out with him and sharing stories and stuff and he is attracted to him, but at the moment I couldn't see them having anything more than a fling here and there. If you have plans for him today you're free to move on since work's taking a while.

If he does swing by the captain's deck it'd be nice if he got to know Esme and Hazel a little better.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:29 pm
Well, tokyoloverTM is still in the guild, she just hasn't posted in a while, as she's been busy. I do believe she's coming back though, so she might send her characters in for work soon! heart

Also, we're pretty lax about work, you don't have to worry about not sending your characters in for work. I haven't sent mine in for months emotion_facepalm

Vendemmian

fuestray

Faun

A4854R744L7512E1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:39 pm
i am rare pepe

Cool. Just makin' sure. Thanks for the speedy reply!

That's great to know. I was worried not showing up enough would result in no monies. :c

SoujiAtsumi

A fling would be real nice! I'd love for them to be friends. Gideon loves stories and he certainly likes hanging out with chill people. The only plan I have is with Silvia. Gideon could leave a message with Esme and Hazel, telling them that is they see Sahar, for him to give him his number(Gideon is just going to hand out his number willy-nilly today) so they could plan something?

I'm gon' be honest. Gideon thinks Sahar is hella attractive. He's a sucker for dark skin and middle eastern men.

Marceline-chan

COUGH COUGH COUGH

your character is hella hot and me and my character would be super interested in getting to know him  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm
oOBookwormYumiOo

Vendemmian

Chandra Panesar

whiters4

Lord Yozo

I know I may be a little late on this, but I've been watching this entire thingum that just went down here (and I'm going to say this but please understand that I don't mean this in a rude way, I'm just super straight forward and I hate passive aggression a lot), but this entire thing is ridiculous???

NOW I GET WHAT THE CAPTAIN IS SAYING SO PLEASE DO NOT COME AT ME ANY TYPE OF WAY BUUUTTTT...

Realistically speaking... cliques form. No matter what. That's life. That's how society works. If cliques don't form in an RP Guild, that means the RP is failing due to either A) Inactivity or B) Poor RP skills. This is a good sign. I haven't been in a Guild where I am as dedicated as I am with this one. Also note that cliques change over time because everyone will always meet and get along with someone new. There are new characters in the process of being made about every other day. New characters are being introduced almost every other day.

It's not even like there isn't any opportunities for other people to not meet each other. Characters have jobs in which requires other people to come in and RP for the jobs to be fulfilled. So no matter what the case is, people are going to meet outside of other "cliques". If someone is having trouble finding others to RP with that's because they're not being proactive.

It was also mentioned having posted on the Search for Roleplay Partner thread saying there hasn't been any response? Which is a simple fix: improvisation. Sometimes, all you have to do is pop up somewhere where there are two people talking - and if the two people aren't doing anything where another person joining would make it awkward - insert yourself in there! Check out some other characters, PM people if they want to RP so-and-so with such-and-such. I mean you have to do that in real life too. If you want friends, go get 'em!

Sorry, I just REALLY had to say this. It was low key bothering me. But now that it's out I can rest easy. I may die in peace now. But like... I want VIP on my tombstone not RIP, you fell me, fam?

BUT YO VENDEMMIAN WE'RE GOING TO SQUARE UP BECAUSE ZARA GOT DIPS ON MARCELINE-CHAN'S CHARACTER FIRST. rofl

pablothiccasso

Supportive Loiterer

A4854R744L7512E1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:47 pm
african american apparel

He's straight. ; n ;
It's not like I had a chance, anyway...

DARN IT.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm
Chandra Panesar

Don't worry, we weren't overlooking your concerns. As far as I was seeing, you and Yumi were having two different conversations. That's the problem with the Internet, you can't convey tone or intent. It's easy to get things lost in translation.

I don't think you or anyone else was doing anything malicious or consciously/unconsciously intentional. I didn't mean what i said in the way of thinking you were ignoring people or leaving them out at all- on purpose or otherwise. I understand how plots develop, I understand how roleplaying works. You were all at work, that just put you together. That's fine. I was speaking from an outside perspective- I'm worried there may not be room to get close to you like some people might want to. Personally it would be nice to be reassured that if I wanted to pursue a character- it wouldn't be too late because you've all spent so much time together that you've already developed your interests amongst yourselves. Not in the sense that you're a clique pushing people out, just that we havent seen you available in different ways yet and that's concerning. Someone else may just as easily believe that if they've just gotten here. It's not against Esme or you, it's about making sure complacency doesn't develop. Some groups might still form as characters become friends and grow closer bonds than with the new guys just walking in, that where we step in to make sure integration still happens. It's nothing against our members.

I know I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but as long as there aren't any hard feelings then it's all good.  

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

WhitersNote
Crew

Unstoppable Shapeshifter

14,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:02 pm
african american apparel

No worries, you're cool. By me, at least.

I know cliques form, afterall, I suffered through high school like most people do emotion_awesome We accept that cliques form, but we're also the medium that prods people to develop those interconnections you're talking about. If we feel concern, it's not to condemn anyone. It's just to make sure we're fostering the best environment possible for everyone.

And yes, it was ridiculous. Most of us weren't having the most verbally productive day. But eh, welcome to humanity. It's fine now, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:06 pm
african american apparel

Vendemmian

lol Nobody needs to fite anybody.Rei's open for meeting up with peoples.

Rei's got Zara for new years day and I don't know if Apparel-san will want to have Zara spend the whole day or part of the day with him.But until the day change (and depending on if Apparel-san has other people she wants Zara to meet after new years day) and possibly the day after new years,Rei's free to meet with your character.  

Marceline-chan

Taken Vampire

A4854R744L7512E1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:11 pm
Marceline-chan

Oh, lordy. Gideon plans on meeting with Zara, too. Lol.
I'm in no rush~ Whenever is more convenient for you, I'm fine with.  
● OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games