Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13966 13967 13968 13969 13970 13971 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
I tell you, defending and trying to humanize Hernando Cortez is the most difficult thing in the universe.

"hey man. if he didn't do it someone else would have. he was just saving them the trouble"

See, the prosecution is charging King Charles V under ICC law, not Cortez himself. And we almost went with the "Old Kingy had no idea what was going on across the ocean" defense (Because he didn't, really. Cortez's letters home basically said that everything was rainbows and lollipops and unicorns in South America), but there were a couple of major flaws in that defense. (For instance, the king rewards the guy for what he's done.)
So we decide to go for "morals and ethics were different back then, everybody was doing this" instead. And the other defense lawyer with me, despite having ample experience with mock trials, (which is something I do not possess) is saying that we should talk about Aztec Slavery to prove our point that everybody was in on this back in the day. (One of the charges is on enslavement of the Aztec people.) Problem being, out of every culture in history that did slavery, the Aztecs treated theirs the best. I mean, you could basically sue your owner for beating you, and be set free. Hell, if you tried to aid the master in the recapture of an escaping slave, you'd be recruited as a slave as well, so they basically encouraged running away. It may be my first time as a lawyer, but if there's anything I know it's that you don't hand the prosecution a thousand weapons on a silver platter and ask them to only hit you lightly and above the waist.
Wall o' text.
Oh, and I have to read all the witness statements and all thirty billion pieces of evidence. AUGH.

Sounds like something you should take up with your partner.

I've tried! He just goes, "Well, then we address it in the direct examination so we have time to explain, and if they bring it up during the cross examination, we can just say that slavery is still slavery."
Not here, it isn't buddy! There's nothing to explain, as there's no way we can put a spin in our favor on those facts without not explaining it at all!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Teh AK
Who wants to be the drummer in my imaginary band
I play the drums in rockband... better than I do anything else... aside maybe vocals, which anyone, regardless of skill can do...

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Harusame Mizukishi

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Blurbleberry.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 pm

My boyfriend haz a talented. ninja

SpookyJester

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Wantcookie
Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
I tell you, defending and trying to humanize Hernando Cortez is the most difficult thing in the universe.

"hey man. if he didn't do it someone else would have. he was just saving them the trouble"

See, the prosecution is charging King Charles V under ICC law, not Cortez himself. And we almost went with the "Old Kingy had no idea what was going on across the ocean" defense (Because he didn't, really. Cortez's letters home basically said that everything was rainbows and lollipops and unicorns in South America), but there were a couple of major flaws in that defense. (For instance, the king rewards the guy for what he's done.)
So we decide to go for "morals and ethics were different back then, everybody was doing this" instead. And the other defense lawyer with me, despite having ample experience with mock trials, (which is something I do not possess) is saying that we should talk about Aztec Slavery to prove our point that everybody was in on this back in the day. (One of the charges is on enslavement of the Aztec people.) Problem being, out of every culture in history that did slavery, the Aztecs treated theirs the best. I mean, you could basically sue your owner for beating you, and be set free. Hell, if you tried to aid the master in the recapture of an escaping slave, you'd be recruited as a slave as well, so they basically encouraged running away. It may be my first time as a lawyer, but if there's anything I know it's that you don't hand the prosecution a thousand weapons on a silver platter and ask them to only hit you lightly and above the waist.
Wall o' text.
Oh, and I have to read all the witness statements and all thirty billion pieces of evidence. AUGH.

I've tried! He just goes, "Well, then we address it in the direct examination so we have time to explain, and if they bring it up during the cross examination, we can just say that slavery is still slavery."
Not here, it isn't buddy! There's nothing to explain, as there's no way we can put a spin in our favor on those facts without not explaining it at all!

Yeah, that would kind of be like saying a burger is still a burger, regardless of what the patty is made of.

They can really get you on those specifics if they figure it out. You should get him to reconsider if you guys still have time. THREATEN HIM.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Wantcookie
See, your problem is that you aren't Phoenix Wright.

OR MATLOCK!

Owwin

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 pm

SpookyJester

gonk ?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 pm

SpookyJester

Has a talented what.

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Waynebrizzle
SpookyJester

Has a talented what.
She already said ninja. He haz a talented ninja.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Owwin
Wantcookie

OR MATLOCK!

Cookie, what you do is save, present evidence, and then keep reloading until you present something that doesn't get you penalized. XD

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie
Waynebrizzle
Wantcookie

Wall o' text.

Yeah, that would kind of be like saying a burger is still a burger, regardless of what the patty is made of.

They can really get you on those specifics if they figure it out. You should get him to reconsider if you guys still have time. THREATEN HIM.

Knowing how ruthlessly thorough my friend Desiree is on the prosecution, there's no way they won't figure it out. She's really damn good at Cross Examinations, too. She's got this icy glare that shuts people up from across the school by freezing over their mouths.

This page needs MORE SHUMA GORATH.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:10 pm

TtheHero
This page needs MORE SHUMA GORATH
YEAH! There is always room for Shuma Gorath.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:10 pm

Owwin
Waynebrizzle
SpookyJester

Has a talented what.
She already said ninja. He haz a talented ninja.

But that came after the period.

Maybe she meant he has a talented period?

@Cookie: Use my burger metaphor. Maybe it'll work! biggrin biggrin

Waynebrizzle

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Zephyrkitty
Owwin
Wantcookie

OR MATLOCK!

Cookie, what you do is save, present evidence, and then keep reloading until you present something that doesn't get you penalized. XD

I, uh...
I object to the statement about violence with this photograph of my puppy?
*Penalized*
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13966 13967 13968 13969 13970 13971 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games