Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sculpted - art + craft guild
Introduce Yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanami

Dedicated Dabbler

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Hi, I'm Sanami. I'm 23 and living in the USA. I've worked with polymer clay as well as regular clay and ceramic before, but my material of choice is aluminium foil. It's true: ever since I was a little kid I would sculpt animals out of my sandwich foil. I've expanded to mythological creatures and anthropomorphs, but animals are my main subject.
My deviantart page can be found here  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:49 pm
Hihi! ^^ 3nodding

My name is Stephi (<.< As you can see in my user name!)

I heart heart heart heart Art!!!!!! Favorite thing to do when I'm in class. emo

I can't really sculpt, or make things outta clay. sweatdrop Unless you count spheres, yes I love 3-dimension circles. O.o

I'm 12 *LeGasp* Turning 13 (YAY!) But I can draw, I'm trying to play with colors and oil paints! (Messy!)

And.... That's all I have to say... For now!

Oh! And one last detail!!

Ima Anime Addict!! >.<  

Etiolatify

5,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150

Nyami

3,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 pm
Wow, so much talent flowing around here. :3

~waves~ I'm 25 and a US resident. My primary artistic interest lies in 2-D art--drawing, painting, digital, etc.--and I graduated last winter with a BA in fine arts, art studio with an emphasis in drawing. But I've been doing hand-crafts since I was about 3-4 years old when I'd make pot holders and bracelets and other odds and ends. Nowadays I've got a wide range of crafting I do: sewing (took costume design/construction classes in college and fell in love), knitting/crochet, jewelry, clay sculpting, rock paintings, and most recently MLP modding.

Phew.. sweatdrop That was a longer list in type than it seemed in my head. Sorry bout that. But if you're interesting in seeing my stuff, my DeviantArt site is here. Unfortunately, I did some spring cleaning a few months back so the only 3-D work I have posted right now are my clay dragons and my newest section started for pony mods.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:47 pm
Hi. I'm Kelly and I'm 25, living in Missouri, USA. I'm not a totally new crafter, but I'm certainly no expert. My favorite things to make are random plushies and poppets. I would love to learn how to crochet so I can make cute amigurumi. So far, it's been slow going. I'm also trying to learn how to better make clothes, because store bought clothes don't fit nicely. I don't have one place where my stuff is posted, so no links right now. I'm exciting to look around this guild. I think it's going to be really fun.  

KiwiDragon

HenryAndArtemis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:21 pm
....Hi, I'm the Red Goth, and I'm from Australia. FYI: I have never seen a dingo, koala, or a kangaroo (except in captivity) and I would rather set fire to my hair and skip round the streets naked whilst humming "Waltzing Matilda" than say G'Day.

Aside from the obvious insanity, I am a perfectly normal (slightly deranged) fourteen year old. And my dolls (Emo Girl and Her Friends from Trippy Town) are currently on their way.

I stared out doing weird 2D pictures on Paint, but they threatened me (anyone who has been threatened by graphics will know what I'm talking about) so I 3D-ified them in the real world.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:21 pm
I'm Zeeky. I'm 16 years old and currently living in Midwest USA. And I feel incredibly nooby standing next to all of you pottery graduates sweatdrop

Anyway, I do mostly tiny Sculpey projects that seem to almost always burn in the oven. I spend a lot of time on the internet(I'm addicted whee ), I love crazy socks and tights, I'm an awful procrastinator, and I think Evanna Lynch is basically the coolest person alive.

And where I live, it's storming. SNOW STORMING. Gahhh and I could almost smell the spring D:  

NieNei

milkbun

Precious Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:39 pm
Hello everyone. I go by milkbun online, but my real name is Daria. I currently live in NYC and am a graphic designer during a night shift.

I've been into crafting and art in general all of my life. I think I've tried... well like alot @__@. I'm even super attracted to those crafty kits they sell at bookstores for 8 year old girls (like how to make friendship bracelets and lip balm – I just find it all so fun rofl )

I'd love to do felt and polymer clay most. I'm pretty good with cute and kawaii stuff. I'm pretty horrible with realistic figure drawing and doing anything in a timely manner.

I don't have a variety of crafts up, just my little papercraft toki's which you can see in my deviantART page. If you're on dA too and in Cute Craft you might have seen my work and vice versa. I wish I could visit everyone's galleries, but there are so many posts already. Leave me a note or comment there and I will visit though n__n  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:27 am
Introductions Yay!

Ok, where to start...

The name is Bean (which isn't just a nickname, it's also my maiden name and very dear to my heart) and I'm a 26 year old (Olllllldddd crying ) from the Mid-west USA.

I've been into various crafting for a long time (I was the master of Plastic Canvas in my day) but my current crafting style began in Collage. It transpired along when my obssession love on anime really started to pick of.

Long story short I adore anime and game plushies, and soon found out that people online actually make and sell there own thus leading me to try and make MY own and finding I actually had talent for it! It also lead to cosplay and making various fashion accessories.

My best skills I think are making little human anime dolls. I'm ok at making animal ones but they are a LOT more work cause you always have to make patterns from scratch and figure out exactly where to attach limbs and stuff and you can't cover seems with clothing like for humans.

I have perfected a pretty nice style for making eyes though.

But I'm a horrible procrastinator *points to the Hatori Sohma plush she started 6 months ago*

And now for some pimpage!

Cafe De Plush - My plush commission site (I really need to update)

My Etsy Shop - Pre-made cosplay hairpins yay!

My pal Lee Onami and I usually have are own Artist Alley table at Anime Iowa where we stell stuff we've made (she makes cute anime pins out of foam and Loli hair pieces and last year a talking Tobi plushy)

Uhh...I think that's it. Hey, if anyone has some more suggestions for cosplay pins I should make I'm all ears.  

Beanchan

Reina-T

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:15 am
Hi, I'm Rei. I'm 19 years old, turning 20 in a couple of months, and I'm a student in college. I wish I could say it was on an art course, but unfortunately my parents somehow talked me into doing computing and languages. :3

I started my serious interest in art after finding myself endlessly doodling little characters in my books and in class when I started high school. After I sat down and put some time into them, my drawings got better and better. Though... They're still not as good as I'd like. ^^; Since then, I've always been interested in drawing and am currently saving for a graphics tablet so that I can start on better digital art.

I used to love playing with arts and crafts sets when I was younger, but I didn't realise my interest in it until after I had been drawing for a few years. After looking at some of my little works, I decided they would look cute as little plushies or earrings and keychains, and that's how I got into crafting.

I don't have a gallery to show just yet, as I'm still a beginner and none of my current works are really Deviation worthy. But, I'm hoping to get one in the near future. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:16 am
Hi, i'm cyshing from Malaysia. Nice to meet you. I'm 19 this year and is a college student in business studies. Nothing related to art craft. xd I rarely draw(my drawing is poor) or do craft thing but i had did something like molding with white powder(dont know what is that called). Just roughly measure an amount of the powder then pour water on it, the powder melt in the water and become warm/hot, pour into a mold then just leave it to become dry and hard. Color it of course when it's done. That's what i have tried for 3d hand craft. Oh ya, if origami considered a 3d hand craft, then i do some during holidays/free time. wink

I'm interested in learning clay craft(so far i know there is paper clay) and if got, 3d paper craft too. Hope any of you can teach me some basics or tell me what website can i learn some. biggrin  

Cyshing

Kurishii_Chanx3

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:20 am
* basic details like your age and country: My name is Krissy, and I'm 15. I'm from America.
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft: I've been doing many different forms of art since elementary school, but I started seriously considering a career in the arts last year during 8th grade.
* what got you started in it: I was asked to join a gifted and talented art program after school in 6th grade. That was when I discovered my love for 3-D art.
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses: I love to work on the wheel for pottery and I love to draw. I'm good at sewing, but I'd like to improve for more cosplay. The hardest thing for me to is paint and work with Fimo.
* links to your work: http://orangedoom.deviantart.com  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:45 am

Hey I'm Jodie, I'm 18 and I live in england :]
I've always been abit crafty when I was younger I used to make salt dough dolls with my mum, now I'm in college working on body adornments.
I particularly work well with colour and textures <3 but I feel I lack in motivation at times but I'm working on that :]
I don't currently have much work on my computer but I'll upload some soon.

Pixeh-dust

Radiant Starry Dreamer

Revered Punk

15,675 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:47 am
~*~*~*~

Howdy. I'm Ashari. You can call me Ree, Ashy, Ash, Ashi, Aikoku, Ai, Shinigami, or Shini. Or you can come up with new name, but there's no guarantee I'll catch onto it quickly. I'm 22, and from the US. I'm right on the Georgia-Tennessee border.

I'm a jewelry maker, not professional, sadly, and I've never had any formal training. I started when I was 6, making bracelets out of yarn and pony beads, and now at 22, I'm about to start making and selling charm bracelets. The site I'll be running the sales through is here, though as you can tell, every thing's still under construction. I have a deviantArt page as well, but all that's on there now is literature and a single crappy sketch.

The talent for jewelry crafting runs in my family, as I have two aunts that support themselves through this. At present, I have three pieces of jewelry from them, an amethyst bracelet (which I'm currently wearing) and necklace set, and a gorgeous turquoise pendant set in a silver cage.

I also have quite an interest in sculpting, as the two art courses I took in high school involved a deal of said craft. I love working with a pottery wheel, even though my skills in sculpting/pottery don't match up with my skills in jewelry making.

Aside from my crafty side, I'm an avid music and anime lover. This is probably going to be reflected in my charm work. xD

~*~*~*~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 am
Ciao!! My name is Jennifer, I'm 22 and I currently live in Northern Italy, I grew up in Hawaii, and was mostly into dreaming about getting tattoos ( I was young you see...) and now that I am a bit older I have some xp But on to art, I love art. I am almost sure my favorite medium is clay, but I also love to dabble in a lot of random mixed media too, I have been meaning to take pictures of some of my new fimo creations but my husband stole my memory card........... So when I get it back I shall. I have been dabbling in all sorts of random arts for most of my life. most of my family say I am a first in my love of art... but I think I get it from my dad he does some pretty artistic stuff when hes not trying too. I hope I can learn from all of you guys and hopefully impart some weird form of wisdom here. heart exclaim  

JennJenn8

x MissPurple x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:09 am
Hihi~
My name is Kelly, it's nice to meet you all smile I am 19 and from England, currently training to be a teacher for under 5's.

I haven't really got a specific area of art i am good at really. I just like to experiment with things and see how they turn out. I like to keep all sorts of random junk to recycle into something useful. Though i haven't actually got anywhere with them yet haha.

I really enjoy making things and will focus so much when i am making something. In the past i have made simple things, like little Pom poms, Paper hats (I mean a top hat, not the origami ones) I can't remember other things. Other then the recent thing i made, which was a giraffe, from a PomPom and pipe cleaner things. Turned out pretty cool, but i haven't a picture, as it was a friends and i never thought i would join a guild like this, so never thought to take a picture.

I have been interested in things like this since i was a child. Because of art classes in school, when we made things like Masks. I love workign with clay, from doing it in school. I have a clay dog and a plate that i had made in pottery classes. Had made much more, but things have been broken or lost.

I think that i still have the creative mind because i work with children. I see them making things every day and think to my self on how i can change something, or make something related to what they are learning. (Though really, it's just that i am a big kid)

I am hoping that soon, i can buy things like clay and material, so that i can make things that are a bit better then random things made from recycled yogurt pots.

I am wanting to make some clothing recently. As soon as i can get some material i plan on making all sorts of things. As well as felt to make plushies and things like that.

I just love the feeling of happiness and pride when something has been finished and looks how you want it to.

I think i best stop typing now, or i will end up with a page worth of random rubbish.

Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games