Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I-Nom-Nomz-on-Yewr-Brain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:18 pm
I do find it rather depressing, but very interesting. It's amazing how such young boys can become adults[in emotional and psychological terms] so quickly! I'm almost finished with it already and can't wait to finish my other book, The Night Stalker. I am very much into suspense[sp?] and horror genre. But mostly, criminial Justice. : ]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:54 am
Hello, um...well I'm just writing this message to let you know that I'm here...but I haven't read a book yet cause I'm about to head to the Library right now biggrin sweatdrop heh, so chat to you guys later! XD 3nodding  

Asashi85

Angelic Detective

13,125 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Friendly 100

dascenzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:20 am
hi, i'm alex, i'm a writer and reader.

i love to write, i'm working on a series right now, called The Ultimate Warriors. what i plan to do with the series is to make three or four stories about different kids with powers. book #1: just random kids with powers, don't have a name for them yet sweatdrop . book #2 kids with the power of the elements (water, earth, fire, air, glass, ice, and color). book #3: time travelers . and if i write another one i don't know what it will be about. any suggestions? anyway, in the fifth or sixth book i'm going to make it so all those super powered kids fight all the bad guy from all the books. feedback?

so i am also a reader. i am reading The Mortal Instruments. waiting for the movie and next book to come out. next i will read The Hunger Games. you should check out those books, they are extremely good biggrin .

so, more about me: name: alex. age: 14. favorite genre: fiction/sci-fi/fantasy. favorite genre to write: fiction/sci-fi/fantasty biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:33 am
Welcome, Alex. I have heard that several people have/are reading The Hunger Games. Are you enjoying it?  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

DeMoNxDaVe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Hey I've been in the guild for a while and I've been wondering where i can post my own writing?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 am
Read the FAQ.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

DeMoNxDaVe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Thanks your Princess-ness. ha ha lol  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:16 pm
Uhhh I meant Priestess-ness. Sorry. xd  

DeMoNxDaVe

dascenzo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:47 am
Priestess of Neptune
Welcome, Alex. I have heard that several people have/are reading The Hunger Games. Are you enjoying it?

yes i am enjoying it biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:56 am
hello this weekend im reading Epic by conor kostick
this book is awesome!
its about the future of humans and how they survie playing a computer game called epic. Erik and his five friends basically flip the world as people knew it buy...

find out more buy reading this awesome book

im thinking of going into advertising <.< >.>  

ivesanginthebreeze

ll_Lorelei_ll

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:04 pm
Hello, I am new to the guild and thought I would introduce myself. My real life name is Jessica but on here Rika is perfectly fine, considering it is a part of my profile name. Anyway, as far as reading goes, one interesting thing about me is that I am into the "Warriors" series. I find reading it very exiting and the plot line just keeps getting better and better, in my opinion at least.
In the way of writing, I have entered a prologue and a couple chapters of a story I am working on (Magic Dawns) in the arenas. I think I'm doing pretty well... That is pretty much me in a reading and writing nutshell!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:15 pm
Hey, my name's Emily but I prefer Em. I write a fair bit these. days but still nowhere as much as I'd like to. I write mostly poetry and songs but I am trying to write a story at the moment that so far is going well, I just need to put aside some time to actually work on it. Also, I just finished reading a book called Crank by Ellen Hopkins - it's about a girl who when she goes to her father's house for a couple of weeks gets involved with the drug scene and it tells (as I believe) the first leg of her journey with drugs. It was really good and written in a really interesting way, definitely worth a look smile  

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Kizume-Chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm
This last year, the only two books that I found interesting (besides mangas) were called the "Word Eater" which I finished, and "The Messenger" which I didn't. 3/5 parts is what I finished xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:58 pm
Welcome to the Guild Rika, Em, and Kizume blaugh

@ Rika - are you going to post your story here in the guild to so that we can read and critique it further? smile (Sorry I've only had a chance to read the prologue)

@ Em - I heard that was a good book, but haven't had a chance to read it, I'll definetly have to find a near by library. I remember hearing about that book after I read Speak which was also a good book. It was about a girl that got raped and didn't tell anyone and fell into depression. (In the end she is able to over come here depression.)

@ Kizume - lol, I love manga, which is your favorite?  

Kasi Karra
Crew

Fiat Lux Aeterna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:01 am
Hey, I'm new to the guild. Feel free to call me Lux (I don't know what else you would call me, cause it's the only noun in my name, but anyway...) "My name is Lux. I'm 18, and I don't need a governess!" blaugh But no, really.

I've got a whole bunch of books to read right now (ten), only two of which are required by classes. I'm liking Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - has anyone else read that? It's so ridiculously funny it hurts.

I do a little writing - poetry and short stories, nothing fancy. Most of my stuff is rather dark and morbid - I hope that's alright.

I don't know what else to say... so I guess I'll just end here.  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff