Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Knife OR gun? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So which do you prefer?
  Da Knife.
  Le Gun
View Results

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Man, I want some invincibility frames! I would do so much with them.

Try crawling over a mine like Yoko does. That's the only way to test if you have them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:57 pm
Well, I'd crawl under a moving train to escape from people chasing me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Squidyiffer

Trash Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:19 pm
I'd sacrifice people to save myself. mrgreen
That's just how I roll, a greedy b*****d is me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:49 pm
Knife.
Guns are good and all, and I do from time to time find myself playing runs just to use em, but theres just something so satisfying about taking down a room full of enemies with nothing more than a metal toothpick, and your hand/eye coordination, and relying on these skills just to keep you alive. A bit of thrill and skill for me.  

Hanibal Rex

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:37 pm
You don't actually need hand eye coordination in RE to use a knife.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:50 pm
Bio's right... I just start yelling and slashing.

Works for me wink  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Hanibal Rex

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:12 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Not so much, but in order to knife Verdugo, ya kinda need this (that, and an insane amount of luck, patience, and herbs if ya keep missing.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 pm
For me it depends on what game and situation. eg. In RE4 Knife is indeed useful, since it's no longer an inventory, also on top of that you can use it while the villagers are down. However, the only bad part is that time is added on, but in RE4 you don't have to worry about time, just worry about conserving more ammo and kicking plagas butt. Also aside from attacking downed enemies when you face off against Krauser, before the actual boss fight, it's handy to defend yourself when he whizzes left and right, and comes up to knife you. Also on Umbrella Chronicles it conserves ammo too, but usualyl the things that you'll be knifing are stuff you can use the gun for. the only time it's actually more effective than the gun is going against more than one leech attached to your face. So yeah it's useful but aside from RE4 time is of the essence, so gun it.  

Alkaizer87

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:01 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah i side with him on this one. since the only RE game that you'll actually use it is on RE4, that is assuming you're playing the wii version, you don't need eye coordination, it auto-locks.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm
The gun of course because of its long range and power, a knife provides for tactical moc=movements and close combat but what you need to a zombie or anything like that is range because of risk of infection.  

W0lf Rid3r

Sickest Light

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 am
Gun. I don't much care for knives too much. Plus, you can kill you enemies from long range area's. Very cool! twisted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm
Reddlemagne-DeWhimsy
Biohazard EXTREME

Not so much, but in order to knife Verdugo, ya kinda need this (that, and an insane amount of luck, patience, and herbs if ya keep missing.)

Yeah, but when you're playing a real Resident Evil game, you don't meet monsters like Verdugo.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Revy_TwoGun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:10 pm
I use both Knife and Gun combination.Fisrt I shoot the zombie and finish it off with the knife.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 am
Revy_TwoGun
I use both Knife and Gun combination.Fisrt I shoot the zombie and finish it off with the knife.

Likewise...but if I had to choose, kniveing (sp) things is just an unecessary risk lol  

Belbecat

Revy_TwoGun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 pm
Belbecat
Revy_TwoGun

Likewise...but if I had to choose, kniveing (sp) things is just an unecessary risk lol

Thats very true.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces