Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
Things We Like About Zedd Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Zedd?
  Yes
  Is there any reason I'd say no?
View Results

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:07 am
ZerimarObon
Platinum_Behemoth252
ZerimarObon
Platinum_Behemoth252
chubby_choco
Unclean meat. I don't quite understand that concept. I mean, God said we could eat whatever we wanted in the New Testament.

i thought that wuz a Phanari term...i didnt know it actually ment something...and if it does? sorry to offend if this does but its a stupid idea....

I think that it was the Muslim religion that believes pig meat is dirty and should never be eaten, sorta like the Hindus and how they don't eat a cow because they consider it a holy animal....at least that's what I heard in my social class.

oh...i didnt know they called it unclean...i thought it wuz jst forbidden...huh...well if you think about it that way to most americans dog is unclean meat....lol...and cat...and hamster...and rat...and parakeet...and all those other animals we keep as pets....

When I was younger I ate a rabbit we had raised. We roasted a few of them over a fire, smeared em with bbq sauce, they were quite delicious. Most people get kind of a shock when I say that we ate such lovable things that we raised ourselves. They think that maybe I was horribly scarred because of it, or that I didn't know it was rabbit meat until it was too late. I knew all along though, not only did I know that it was rabbit, I knew it was our rabbits. I was perfectly fine with it.

I wouldn't hesitate. I mean, heck, I wanna try crocodile chowder...oh, and emu. Emu jerky is good, but I wanna try it roasted. ^_^ Dad's gonna pick me up a pair of alligator steaks one of these days, and I bet alligators and crocodiles taste really similar...

But really. The only reason Americans don't eat 'pet' animals is because they dread the thought of sinking their teeth into something that used to be bounding around in their yard and snuggling up to them on their couch. It's because they get attatched to them.
Now, I could never sacrifice my pets because I love them and I want them to live a long, happy life in which the family can appreciate their company. But really...if someone picked up a cranky Rott who bit people for no reason and roasted it with a little oregano, I'd be like, 'Huh. Gimme a taste, please.'
Besides, if you think about it harder, your bacon used to be walowing in mud, your scrambled eggs had a chance at life, and your mutton used to be bounding through a field of wildflowers looking for its mom.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:54 am
I used to live on a farm, we had raised many animals, the majority of them we ate. Chickens, the ones who weren't laying hens, I actually had been present during the butchering and saw the headless bodies jumping around (it's real strange, but true, their headless bodies flop around), we had pheasants that we ate, and pigs too. We didn't butcher the pigs ourselves though. I suppose we had rabbits too for awhile  

ZerimarObon

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:30 pm
ZerimarObon
I used to live on a farm, we had raised many animals, the majority of them we ate. Chickens, the ones who weren't laying hens, I actually had been present during the butchering and saw the headless bodies jumping around (it's real strange, but true, their headless bodies flop around), we had pheasants that we ate, and pigs too. We didn't butcher the pigs ourselves though. I suppose we had rabbits too for awhile

Eew. I could never do the butchering myself. Or watch headless bodies flop around. Es muy el grosso, or whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:12 pm
chubby_choco
ZerimarObon

Eew. I could never do the butchering myself. Or watch headless bodies flop around. Es muy el grosso, or whatever.

I had just watched the butchering, I was no older than 7 at the time,our barn, and all the animals in it, burned down to the ground when I was about 8 years old. Ever see the chicken chase training exercise in Rocky? I saw my brothers doing that, over and over again in a single day.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:44 am
Platinum_Behemoth252
ZerimarObon
Platinum_Behemoth252
chubby_choco
Unclean meat. I don't quite understand that concept. I mean, God said we could eat whatever we wanted in the New Testament.

i thought that wuz a Phanari term...i didnt know it actually ment something...and if it does? sorry to offend if this does but its a stupid idea....

I think that it was the Muslim religion that believes pig meat is dirty and should never be eaten, sorta like the Hindus and how they don't eat a cow because they consider it a holy animal....at least that's what I heard in my social class.

oh...i didnt know they called it unclean...i thought it wuz jst forbidden...huh...well if you think about it that way to most americans dog is unclean meat....lol...and cat...and hamster...and rat...and parakeet...and all those other animals we keep as pets....

A lot of people think that in Acts God renounces the whole unclean meats thing. However, if you read past that particular chapter (aka, go from 10 to 11) the dream is explained.
When he saw the sheet full of unclean animals and God said, "Take and eat." he replies, "But they are unclean." God says, "You will need the meat."

A lot of people say that that is justification that Leviticus 11 no longer matters. However, the SDA (I know other churches don't believe this. I'm not saying they're wrong, I'm just saying what the SDA believe) church says that in the next chapter, God explains the dream. He says that He wants His followers to not judge people by their strange faiths and deal with them anyway, even if you don't agree with their practices. That we're all God's children and we all sin so unless we are without sin, we cannot judge the sins of others.

Unlike the Hindus, the Biblical belief in unclean meats is not that these animals are holy, but that they are unclean. Tainted. Dangerous. Unhealthy. It's actually a proven fact that Adventists live a little healthier than most, and that they're even healthier than veggie heads because they get protein and iron from the meats they can eat. This doesn't mean that ALL SDA are healthier, but it's just a medical fact my brother came home with from his med training in the army. I thought it was weird.

Now that I'm not in the SDA church, I know that I can eat unclean meats, and I really want to. But since I was raised to believe it wrong, I'm kinda hesitent. I've tried shrimp once and bacon. Pepperoni too. ::gags:: Since those though, I haven't touched them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:08 am
What!?!?!? How dare you insult pepperoni! If I had a pepperoni stick right here right now, I'd be munching it to death.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:38 pm
ZerimarObon
What!?!?!? How dare you insult pepperoni! If I had a pepperoni stick right here right now, I'd be munching it to death.

I just didn't see the big deal with it. It was spicy, but kinda......well, I don't know if you've had Hickery Farms beef sticks, but.....those are better. Much better.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:22 pm
Phanari
ZerimarObon

I just didn't see the big deal with it. It was spicy, but kinda......well, I don't know if you've had Hickery Farms beef sticks, but.....those are better. Much better.

i say eat what you wish...food is food, and food can be good.
as long as your happy eat to your hearts content...  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 pm
I like pasta, chapotle anf juice.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:16 am
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

Oh, well...everyone has their own chipotle...  

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:16 pm
chubby_choco
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

Indeed we do. I'm thinking on putting that line in my series with Falcon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:14 am
Phanari
chubby_choco
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

Why not? I'm putting the pistachio ice cream with strawberry topping thing in my books. It's not like I won't have a chance...the heroine has eight kids with her husband...  

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:09 pm
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

Why not? I'm putting the pistachio ice cream with strawberry topping thing in my books. It's not like I won't have a chance...the heroine has eight kids with her husband...

I got to speak in public today about my writing to a whole class. White was teaching her class about writing a fantasy story. And she asked me to talk about my writing. One of the kids asked me, "How old were you when you were published?" and after that another kid asked, "How old are you now."

I didn't know how to handle it. So I just laughed.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:32 pm
Phanari
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

I got to speak in public today about my writing to a whole class. White was teaching her class about writing a fantasy story. And she asked me to talk about my writing. One of the kids asked me, "How old were you when you were published?" and after that another kid asked, "How old are you now."

...why didn't you just answer. It's not like you would have said 42 and 67. The answer was...what, 8 and 18?  

chubby_choco

Dapper Hunter

7,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:31 pm
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
Phanari
chubby_choco
X_X Chipotle!! *gag*

...why didn't you just answer. It's not like you would have said 42 and 67. The answer was...what, 8 and 18?

It was just weird. I've never had a kid ask me that before. It made me feel.......old. And I shouldn't have felt that way.....but I did. I felt old.  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff