Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Dueling Arena ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:45 pm
That Way, farther inside the halls of the arena, the redheaded boy who looked just like the one in the entryway came back up the stairs, shutting the "Employees Only" door behind him and jogging up from the practice rooms level to the main ground-floor level. He looked around then sat back at the sign-up table with a slight sigh of relief. Apparently his absence from his post hadn't-
Wait... someone signed up while he was gone! He frantically glanced at his notebook, making sure that it hadn't been tampered with in any way.
Oh, good... it hadn't. Well, hopefully the person who signed up made sure to take a rules handout.
The boy picked the notebook up and started doodling in it again.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:00 pm
saito smiled slightly " thank you....." he walked further in and walked up to the sign up table and looks at the sighn up sheet and he signs up right underneath the other mans name " this might be fun...... excuse me for a little bit i still have something else that i must do back at the WTF hotel....." he walks out and then quickly teleports himself back to WTF hotel
WTF hotel...... arrow
((sorry about all of the jumping around but i wanted to get as much done as i can right in the beginning so i dont have to worry about it later))  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 pm
The boy sitting at the table looked up and hardly had time to close his notebook before the next contestant finished signing up and teleported away.
"Hey, wait! You forgot to take a-"

Too late.
"Hm... we might have to use the auxiliary notification system with this tournament..."

He returned his full attention to doodling.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:45 pm
shota walked around the arena seeking the most powerful person within its halls...  

ByakoAssailant

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:33 pm
And found the weakest, purely by chance.
"Why does he even hand me these things?"

A 20-something human male in a wrinkly business suit minus the jacket almost walked into Shota while turning a corner. He was flipping through a whole lot of really tiny print on legal-sized sheets of paper.
"Oh! Sorry..."

He said, looking up and noticing Shota.

((btw, who or what is Shota? There's too many profiles to wade through them all looking for one specific character...))  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:23 am
saito appears outside the dueling arena and walks in again "now i just have to wait for the fights to begin"  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:57 pm
The boy in the entranceway smiled at Saito:
"Welcome back to the arena! By the way, there will be a practice warm-up battle starting soonish in the main arena.
Just head on down through the practice rooms to go through the competitor's entrance!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:30 pm
"ok then" he walks the way she told and looks around " hmm this is a halfway decent place.... butter than some of the places i have battled"  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 pm
((When Saito gets to the area where the sign-up table is))
The boy there who looked (and sounded) just like the one in the entrance held out a piece of paper to Saito.
There you are again! Here's a leaflet with the official tournament rules!

This boy also had a sticker nametag with "BillBob" scrawled on it. He grinned cheesily.
"Not only will there be a practice battle in the main arena in a little bit, but we also have notification devices that can alert you when it's your turn,
if you need to leave the arena between now and then! Want one?"

((the tournament rules are posted in the Arena Chat thread of the Town Talk subforum, also I can PM you a copy if you want )) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:31 pm
((ok then))
"yeah why not. . . i probably will be going to a couple of different places while i wait for my turn to fight. . ." he sighs slighlty  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:29 pm
BillBob handed Saito a little device that looked like one of those hocky-puck-sized things restaurants hand you when there's a wait of more than 20 minutes to get in. It had a row of little lights on it and a tiny screen for displaying messages.
"When you're up next, this little thingy will buzz and the lights will flash, no matter where you are in Byako!
And the practice battle will start soon after there's anyone in the main arena to fight, so if you want to do that, you can be the first one there!
That one won't be timed, it'll just go until all the monsters are defeated, and any of the contestants will be allowed to jump in and join you...
and you can come and go from there if you need to, 'cause it's just practice.
To get to the main arena, just go down these stairs right here to the practice rooms, then through them all the way to the end,
and up the stairs on the other side to go through the competitor's entrance!
Any questions?

BillBob grinned again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:21 pm
saito sighed slightly "ok then i will go out and practice" he walked down and went all the way over to the other side to the competetors entrance and entered the arena and he popped his kneck to one side and looked around the arena  

SJ3 Lone Samurai

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:15 am
((so what monsters am i up aginst?. . .))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:36 pm
((sorry to make you wait sweatdrop my apologies))

Across the arena from Saito, a large gate creaked open revealing a heavy spiked portcullis blocking a dark tunnel.
A woman's voice sounded over the arena and echoed off the spectator stands.
"Announcing the Practice Battle!! The challenger, Saito, will dare to face some of the most slippery foes ever to darken the ceilings of the kitchens of Byako!! In their first cameo appearance, all the way from the dampest reaches of the pantries of Byako's own Plushie Palace, please welcome a cloud of Flying Storm Sniper Salmon Berserkers Ridden by Lobster Mages!!!"

Through the still-closed portcullis came a stream of lobsters riding on salmon. They filtered through and gathered in a large swarming cloud of seafood flying above the middle of the arena. The partly cloudy sky above the arena darkened a little, and there seemed to be a hint of ozone in the air.
"Yes, folks, they may be cuisine in the making, but don't underestimate their strength in numbers!! Let the battle begiiiin!!"

((this one's just crazy-practice with ingredients from the Iron Chef Byako Contest where the teams had to catch their own, the actual tournament battles will be one-on-one with mostly more serious monsters, but not entirely more serious... this is Byako, after all...
...and, they're busy getting their bearings, so you're automatically awarded first strike without rolling for it))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
SJ3 Lone Samurai rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)

SJ3 Lone Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:54 am
((ok lets try this. . .))
saito laughs slightly and he pulls out his sword
1-10 miss
11-20 he jumps up and slightly cuts a few of them
21-50 he cuts through one of them completely
51-90 he chops a three of them in half
91-100 he does a triple sub-sonic slash while jumpind in the air at them choping almost half a dozen of them in half making sushi out of them

((is that the way to do it?))  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 48 49 50 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games