Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Yes! Heart Gold and Soul Silver! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now that a week has passed... Got starters...?
  Cyndaquil
  Chikorita
  Totodile
View Results

Herald of Death

Lonely Gatekeeper

8,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am
TtheHero
Herald of Death
I enjoy that people are still enthustic about pokemon byt a remake?!?!? C'mon it;s a fricken' remake and for me it dosen't imporve it much as Firered and Leafgreen did.
Time to move on to a new region

They're just giving the people what they want.

And we'll get our 5th gen too.

Then the people are pretty retarded since its not much improvment then in the graphics and then you have to make pokeballs , thats pretty creative but to me it gets excessive since to*Catch them all* you need those apple cores  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 am
Herald of Death
TtheHero
Herald of Death
I enjoy that people are still enthustic about pokemon byt a remake?!?!? C'mon it;s a fricken' remake and for me it dosen't imporve it much as Firered and Leafgreen did.

Then the people are pretty retarded since its not much improvment then in the graphics and then you have to make pokeballs , thats pretty creative but to me it gets excessive since to*Catch them all* you need those apple cores

Are you serious? ******** man... you're an idiot.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 am
Herald of Death
TtheHero
Herald of Death

Wait, what... apple cores? I've said some nutty things in my time being here but... what?

I think I agree with Reg here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 am
Herald of Death
TtheHero
Herald of Death

Those are Apricorns. Not Apples. If anything, you should be misnaming them as Apricots, at least. Apricorns were in the originals too. Or something similar that allowed you to create the Johto/Kurt Balls.

You are not a true trainer. Please hand in all of your Pokemon and your Trainer Card to your nearest Pokemon Professor.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 am
Herald of Death
TtheHero
Herald of Death

Umm... Okay. What is up with your edge? wahmbulance

I don't really need a reason to play pokemon, and in my opinion G/S/C was the best generation, so it gives me a chance to play through it again without having to buy a GBA and some really old catridges ( or attempt to find them in my room sweatdrop ).

And honestly I don't really play a game like pokemon for the graphics... While there have been improvements throughout the generations, the basic design is still mostly intact.

But, there's no reason to argue, especially over the internet. Just enjoy whatever version you like best, and leave others to enjoy theirs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 am
FFF

MURKROW, STOP BEING A b***h AND FLEEING IN THE POKEWALKER FFF  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am
Jesus...

It's been ten years since we had a chance to face him in Gen 2...and Lance is STILL a cheating a*****e. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:07 am
Lord of Armageddon
Jesus...

It's been ten years since we had a chance to face him...and Lance is STILL a cheating a*****e. stare
Did he take you out with Gyarados?  

MaverickDrifter

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:06 pm
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
Jesus...

It's been ten years since we had a chance to face him...and Lance is STILL a cheating a*****e. stare

I barely managed to take out his Gyarados, Charizard, and Aerodactyl before he ******** me over with his Dragonite.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 pm
Lord of Armageddon
digi734
Lord of Armageddon
Jesus...

I barely managed to take out his Gyarados, Charizard, and Aerodactyl before he ******** me over with his Dragonite.

You mean Dragonites.

He's got 3.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 pm
I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Okay, so I'm going up against Lance, the cheating a*****e, and immediately he sends out Gyarados...a raging sea serpent with a severe amount of electrical vulnerability; you might as well rub a balloon against your hair and hit him with it. Thing is, the only 'mon in my party that uses teh powah of lightning is Blissey; the electric attack it uses is Thunder.

That's were the problem starts; Blissey may have an ungodly amount of HP, but it's physical defense ranks among the worst in-game and Gyarados also outclasses Blissey in Speed. I give Blissey a Quick Claw to compensate for it's low speed, but I'm still just throwing that to blind luck. Let's not forget that Gyarados ranks among the highest non-uber physical attackers in the entire metagame. Thunder's usefulness is somewhat boosted when combined with Blissey's Serene Grace ability, which increases the chance Thunder will paralyze. But with that low speed and defense, Blissey ends up getting owned by Gyarados before it gets a chance to attack, regardless of HP. If that weren't bad enough, let's not get started on how often Thunder misses.

Things end up going sour from there. It took a lot from other members of my team to get past Gyarados. Charizard and Aerodactyl are simpler to get past due to my Vaporeon, but then his Dragonite screws over my tuckered-out team.

So here's the dilemma:

We all know that Lance has forever been THE cheating ******** of the Pokemon universe.

How is he a cheating ********? Well, let's take a look back, shall we?

Red/Blue/Green (Gen 1): His Dragonite has an illegal moveset. That Dragonite knows how to use Barrier. Go on, check...yep. Dragonite and it's pre-evolutions have forever been incapable of legally learning Barrier.

Gold/Silver/Crystal (Gen 2): His Aerodactyl knows Rock Slide; that Pokemon wasn't able to legally learn Rock Slide until Gen 3. To top it all off, he downleveled all of his Pokemon and evolved his two Dragonair into Dragonites, giving him a total of three Dragonite, with the strongest topping his team at level 50; the other two are both level 47. Thing is...all three of them are at levels too low for them to even be Dragonite; Dragonair evolves into Dragonite at level 55. Oh, and guess what? In HeartGold/SoulSilver, it's the same thing with his Dragonite; they're underleveled.

Here's the thing, I REALLY don't want to spend so much time grinding my team. I have a heavy hitter team from Platinum available to me. It consists of:

Arceus, Lv. 100
Gyarados, Lv. 80
Infernape, Lv. 75
Lucario, Lv. 70
Rayquaza, Lv. 75
Giratina, Lv. 64

The whole purpose of this is why should I be fair to a cheater? Fight fire with fire, know what I'm sayin'?

So do I be the better person and work to grind my current SoulSilver team up to face Lance with, giving me a satisfaction of beating him without resorting to being unfair? Or do I use my legend team, kick the ever-loving s**t out of him, raise the middle finger of karma, and say "go ******** yourself, Lance"?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:50 pm
O.o
Aside from one incident with that damn Gyrados, I didn't have any trouble with Lance...

I had Lv.55 Vaporeon,
Lv 62 Jolteon
Lv 61 Charizard
Lv 57 Meganium
Lv 40 Ampharos

(I know, not balanced, but...)  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:58 pm
Well, there's seems to be my problem.

Right now, my team is:

Staraptor, Lv. 47 (Teh U-Turn spammer)
Typhlosion, Lv. 42 (Special Fire Sweeper)
Vaproeon, Lv. 42 (Yet-to-be Baton Passer; gave it Shadow Ball to deal with Will)
Scizor, Lv. 42 (Physical Sweeper with Technician ability)
Nidoking, Lv. 41 (Mixed Sweeper who just gained Earthquake)
Blissey, Lv. 41 (Special Wall/Cleric/Staller with Thunder, Softboiled, Refresh, Toxic)

That team honestly didn't have much of a problem up until Karen; it took some effort to beat her.

That's the dilemma, should I grind or should I say "******** it", be a cheap ********, and break out an uber-team?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 pm
Lord of Armageddon
Well, there's seems to be my problem.

Right now, my team is:

Staraptor, Lv. 47 (Teh U-Turn spammer)
Typhlosion, Lv. 42 (Special Fire Sweeper)
Vaproeon, Lv. 42 (Yet-to-be Baton Passer; gave it Shadow Ball to deal with Will)
Scizor, Lv. 42 (Physical Sweeper with Technician ability)
Nidoking, Lv. 41 (Mixed Sweeper who just gained Earthquake)
Blissey, Lv. 41 (Special Wall/Cleric/Staller with Thunder, Softboiled, Refresh, Toxic)

That team honestly didn't have much of a problem up until Karen; it took some effort to beat her.

That's the dilemma, should I grind or should I say "******** it", be a cheap ********, and break out an uber-team?

I'd grind, but, only because I don't like being cheap~
*shrug*  

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games