Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
::The Official Resident Evil Movie Discussion:: Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:52 pm
Vash Thompson
It would've been interesting to see how Romero's film was though.

Even with a robo tyrant...  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:55 pm
They could call it something else. Call it....
Experiment of the Dead  

Biohazard EXTREME

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 3, 4, 1, 5 Total: 20 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:01 pm
Mr. Kennedy

You just can't beat Bio.

Where was that script found anyway...? I recall reading it.

Shut up you little kiss @$$.

None of you have provided me with any proof that the script you read was actually Romero's, or that the site that you got it from had any merit. Plenty of fake scripts for movies circulate the internet, so I still have no reason to believe you.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:13 pm
Mr. Gerbik
Mr. Kennedy

You just can't beat Bio.

Where was that script found anyway...? I recall reading it.

Shut up you little kiss @$$.

None of you have provided me with any proof that the script you read was actually Romero's, or that the site that you got it from had any merit. Plenty of fake scripts for movies circulate the internet, so I still have no reason to believe you.
Hey now, that's a bit harsh and uncalled for. Bio is the movie-defense debate king, and you really shouldn't be speaking to a mod like that.

I've heard Romero refused to write the script, so it probably doesn't exist as he did refuse after all.
After Alice, though, I'm sure any zombie flick director and writer could save the plot... even with robo-tyrants.  

MilitantClockwork

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:25 pm
Well, for those who are interested, here's the script.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0yv0aw  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, for those who are interested, here's the script.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0yv0aw

of course theres gotta be more than one origanal copy right? it could be a fake. we should find another way of proof  

Resident_Kyo

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:42 pm
I'm pretty sure that script is authentic, because it's on other sites. Including The Internet Movie Script DataBase.

Other sources say that Romero didn't refuse to write the script, but that it was rejected.

Hereare some old articles regarding Romero's (what should have been) involvement in the Resident Evil movie franchise.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I'm pretty sure that script is authentic, because it's on other sites. Including The Internet Movie Script DataBase.

Other sources say that Romero didn't refuse to write the script, but that it was rejected.

Hereare some old articles regarding Romero's (what should have been) involvement in the Resident Evil movie franchise.

now thats plenty

that other guy that tried to argue with you just got PWNed  

Resident_Kyo

MilitantClockwork

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:50 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

I could have sworn he did refuse, but then again Romero and his scripts aren't my forte.  
D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 4, 1, 5, 5, 3 Total: 20 (6-36)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:04 pm
MilitantClockwork
Hey now, that's a bit harsh and uncalled for. Bio is the movie-defense debate king, and you really shouldn't be speaking to a mod like that.

I've heard Romero refused to write the script, so it probably doesn't exist as he did refuse after all.
After Alice, though, I'm sure any zombie flick director and writer could save the plot... even with robo-tyrants.

Fair enough. But I wasn't talking to the mod/RE Gestapo in the 1st place. And suckin' "the movie-defense debate king"s @$$ ain't my forte. This is like the 3rd post i've made that the guy has run through and picked apart with his so called facts. Because he's so: Biohazard EXTREME!!!!!
F*** YEAH, EXTREME!!! Now i'm gonna go drink a bunch of MOUNTAIN DEW!!!! And read all kinds of RE fan fiction and movie scripts, so I can go nit-pick people's posts on the Gaia RE forums, while pleasuring myself to pictures of Claire Redfield!!!! EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better not mess with me or i'll lock up your forum topic in my little Nazi Gestapo uniform!!! EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr.ViNcEnTsAlVaDoR
Biohazard EXTREME

now thats plenty

that other guy that tried to argue with you just got PWNed

Anybody who registers with IMDb can submit information. So any bum off the street could find a fake script and submit it into the database.

Biohazard EXTREME
Romero wasn't going to make the script based on the original RE game (Which would have sucked anyway, because there would be nothing new in it, just everything we've already seen.), I read his script, it was NOTHING like the game aside from involving some of the characters. And he would have ruined the franchise even more, expecially with the whole, zombies' heads still move and bite after decapitation. Romero's script was written for a Romero movie, not for Resident Evil at all.

Let's just say for the purpose of argument, that you read the real Romero script. All your giving me is YOUR observations and opinions on the subject. Admittably, the script your describing does sound pretty retarded, but no more retarded than the actual movies we got. It does also stick a bit closer to the events in RE1 than the actual 1st RE movie did. And weren't there characters from RE3 in the second movie? And wasn't Nicholai a good guy? Would you say the RE movies were anything like the games? Or any more like the games than the "Romero script" you read? I don't recall ever karate kicking Nemesis in RE3. So consider your little statment that the Romero movie would've "ruined the franchise even more" debunked.

MilitantClockwork
I could have sworn he did refuse, but then again Romero and his scripts aren't my forte.

Regardless, Romero did create the modern day zombie that we see in all of the RE games. So the fact that he was fired from the movie is pretty poopy. And anybody who knows anything will tell you that Romero's zombie movies (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead) were much better written, acted, directed, and more intelligent than the fecal matter that is the RE movies.  

D000M

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:29 pm
Listen to me, you sorry piece of s**t. Don't go around calling people 'Gestapo' just because they have a certain look. You just can't handle the fact that Romero wrote the script and you were wrong. Your actions here are uncalled for. Yes, I do realize I may be banned for my ******** statement, but you need to learn some ******** respect you piece of s**t. And don't pull any of this "Show me respect to get respect' bullshit, because I only respect those who give respect to others.
Romero stated himself that he wrote a script for Resident Evil in 2000, but that it was rejected.
I won't answer this next part, because I know not how to respond to it.
Romero's movie's were well written because he didn't base them upon anything. When you take a game like Resident Evil, it's hard to write a perfect script without copying the game exactly. The actors would've been hard to find, because no person could possibly portray the characters like they were in the game. The RE movies are not great, but they help brings in fans, even if the fans are n00bs.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:33 pm
Gerbik, you got a real attitude problem. You can go ahead and pleasure yourself to pictures of Claire Redfield if you want, I don't care. But don't bring me down to your level.
I just don't see why you're so upset just because I'm willing to correct you on some facts you had wrong. Why are you getting so insecure, people don't always get facts right. I've been proved wrong before, I didn't throw tantrums. I've been told facts that I didn't know before, I didn't throw tantrums.
This is a guild for those who love and know or want to learn more about Resident Evil, not a daycare center. So we're not gonna babysit you and put up with your tantrums.
Did you ever this that maybe people look up to me because I know and theorize enough about Resident Evil to earn my fellow fans' respect? Maybe because when I get some facts wrong, I don't get all pissy, "I don't believe you, prove it!" or "I say it's this way, so you're wrong."
So you gotta calm the ******** down, and show a little respect to the guild members and moderators.

And for the record, the IMDb gets submissions that they actually check out before actually posting them. They check to make sure the information is correct, so that makes it perfectly legit.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MM-212 Beta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:33 pm
Mr. Gerbik:

I don't appreciate you giving other members hard time when there only here to help. If you want the copy of the script, then I suggest finding a source and READING the damn thing instead of pointing your fingers at us. You seem to get worked up when things don't go your way.

If you want a movie like Resident Evil 1, then play the game. It makes more sense to watch something new than expect what happens next. Romero may be the creator of the zombie genre, but doesn't make him king. Other producers learned from his movies and capitalized on his ideas. Theres actually some things I dislike about how Romero makes his zombie films. No ones perfect.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:07 pm
This is more of a pet peeve for me, but he's been spelling Nicholai's name wrong the entire time. Not really an issue, though. >_>  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

D000M rolled 6 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 1, 4, 4, 3 Total: 19 (6-36)

D000M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:27 pm
Vash Thompson
Listen to me, you sorry piece of s**t. Don't go around calling people 'Gestapo' just because they have a certain look. You just can't handle the fact that Romero wrote the script and you were wrong. Your actions here are uncalled for. Yes, I do realize I may be banned for my ******** statement, but you need to learn some ******** respect you piece of s**t. And don't pull any of this "Show me respect to get respect' bullshit, because I only respect those who give respect to others.
Romero stated himself that he wrote a script for Resident Evil in 2000, but that it was rejected.
I won't answer this next part, because I know not how to respond to it.
Romero's movie's were well written because he didn't base them upon anything. When you take a game like Resident Evil, it's hard to write a perfect script without copying the game exactly. The actors would've been hard to find, because no person could possibly portray the characters like they were in the game. The RE movies are not great, but they help brings in fans, even if the fans are n00bs.

Well that's cool, dude. I won't report you. 1st of all, the dudes avatar does look like a Nazi uniform, and he is like the police of this guild, shutting down any forum he see's fit, he went so far as to change the name of THIS topic into something more of HIS liking (see, the Gestapo were the Nazi Police, get it?). As far as my actions go, you can think what ya like buddy. No, I don't have any respect for YOU or Mr. Bio EXTREME over there, nor do I desire yours. So go ahead with any verbal insults you like douche bag. It doesn't bother me.

I know that Romero wrote a script, and I never denied that. The information I had was that he wrote a script based on the events of RE1, and was fired from the project due to this fact.

Then the Gestapo steps in, once again, to pick apart my post, saying he read the script and that it was "NOTHING" like the orginal RE game, that it would have been more of a disgrace to the series, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. You know what I think? Mr. Gestapo likes the crappy RE movies, and was offended by my post. He didn't like the fact that I had the audacity to actually dispute one of his earlier "corrections", so he posted in retaliation for the soul purpose of spiting me. We had a prior argument on the "VS" forums over the caliber of Barry's stupid gun in RE1 for the PSX.

I got the information I posted from EGM, and I find it to be a bit more of a creditable source than some dude on Gaia. And a lot of fake movie scripts circulate the net. Even with his little correction, the script is still based on the events of RE1 (S.T.A.R.S., Mansion, etc.), unlike the actual RE1 movie that was made, like I stated. Even if it is the actual script, the only real significant changes made to it, were the drastic alterations made to Chris' character. But i'm not cool enough to have read the script, so i'm sure there's more that you can point out. He posted to spite me, because he gets off on being Mr. RE Scholar, along with all of his little yes men, who suck his @$$ cuz he's a mod. Is it really that big of a deal, Mr. Gestapo? That you gotta open your big fat mouth about stupid little details everytime I post something?

I am perfectly willing to admit that i'm wrong, when you have convinced me that I am wrong, which you haven't.

Well anyway, you don't have to worry about reading anymore of my posts. I'm done with this guild. You've successfully sucked all the fun right out of it. I didn't join to be picked-apart, and argue about RE all day. But it's obvious that as long as Mr. Gestapo and his henchmen are around, i'll have to.

So ban me.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games