Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[ORP] Blooms of Spring; To Celebrate New Beginings (NIGHT) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:52 pm
[Henrietta]

"Ohh, I'm sorry to hear you didn't win," Abigail said sincerely, then brightened. "But it sounds like you had plenty of fun anyway, and that's all that really matters!" Or at least, that's what she thought, though she never was one for battling.

Finn didn't understand Henrietta's gesture, but he happily bounded over to her to wave enthusiastically anyway.

"He thought he could touch the fire," Abigail explained, gesturing to the pink flames of the bonfire, then to her nearby hornless Rapidash, "I'm sure because Epona's flames are harmless to him. He probably thought these would be the same." Which... obviously wasn't the case.

Iona beamed as Gummy drew near and stopped near her, and she waved at him gleefully. "Pika pii~"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:17 pm
[Errybody errybody]

Ray's sudden change demeanor was unnerving given how nonchalant and friendly she had been up to that point. From her words, however, he began to understand that change. Luke's awareness of a Mew's rarity fell short of the rest of the world's awareness, apparently - which was understandable given how little attention Grande Ile invested in pokemon, but still. "There's a Mew that follows me sometimes," he contributed in a scant effort towards defense. "Or, I guess it's a Mew, but it's yellow, so…" Was it really that strange? The idea that Dove had purchased it like a product was kind of weird, maybe, but he wouldn't have ever questioned it if not for Ray's reaction.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:22 pm
Hell yes the tone in Ray's voice was frightening, The women was kinda scary already.
Ray waited for the girls answer, when she got it, it prompted ray to reach her hand up and run it up her face to pull the whole half of her hair back, freeing her entire face as she stared at the girl, then turned away keeping her hands on her head.
"What does that even mean?! Not one of the mew. And you got it in Camphoreon, that's it? Just... Bought a legendary... in in the city," She seemed to be speaking to herself during this part though, turning her back on Dove as she paced back over toward Yuri and Flynn.
She was quiet for a few seconds, in deep, troubled thought when what Luke said caused her to turn around, looking at him.

She stood there for a moment, staring at him, before pulling her hands away from her head, her hair flopping back down over her face.
"A yellow Mew. another one?" Her brow furrowed, looking genuinely troubled.
"None of you... ever questioned this?" She asked, looking around the group. "Do you not understand how grossly unnatural this is?" Her word choice was odd, but she chose it to imply a great disturbance, as this was.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:25 pm
Rosie understood how rare a mew was. Being an active part of the league, of course she's heard of Legendary before.
She's heard Rumors of people seeing them, even here in Kodo, people seeing them. Steven had mentioned that some Legendary had even gone missing.

Rosie watched Ray as the women seemed to take a more emotional response to this than anyone, and with good reason.
But it was when Luke said he had seem a Mew as well that caused her to look over at him, eyebrows arched in surprise.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm
Abigail, etc

Gummy's mouth opened... and that was all the response Iona got for the moment; it almost seemed as though the Totodile had 'zoned out' right before saying something.

"Yeah! It was awesome! We met a couple of grass types and something called a Trubbish? That kind of smelled weird but it was a neat opponent; Gummy nearly beat it!" Gummy had come nowhere close to such a feat; he had managed to get it a little bit wet.
Henrietta tilted her head at the Buneary; well he seemed pretty happy now despite the burn as far as she could tell.
"Aw, at least he's tough!" She grinned, waving back at the pokémon, addressing him, while the Zubat on her head 'frowned' a little at the movement. "Bet you won't be doing that again, right?"

A bit of, kind of tense seeming, commotion not far away got her attention, and Winglet's, though she couldn't tell exactly what was happening in the larger gathering.
"Hey, what's going on over there?" Henrietta seemed to be asking Abigail.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:29 pm
Yuri just blinked at the whole situation, looking up at Ray as she stomped around, clearly perturbed by all of this.

"I get that this thing is rare and all, but is it really that big of a deal? It's just another Pokemon, right?" Really Yuri didn't at all understand the concept behind legendaries. So the league didn't think it existed. So what? Obviously it did, there was no denying that at all.

Flynn looked equally perplexed, but said nothing of it, merely watching to see how things played out.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 pm
Luke compacted slightly, plainly feeling the weight of Ray's words. Yuri's contribution was a small relief, reminding him that it wasn't just him that was totally ignorant about these things (for once). He knew it was rare, but clearly the scope had exceeded him. "Pokemon aren't really a major topic in Grande Ile," he explained, at least on behalf of himself and his countrymen; he wasn't sure what kind of involvement Dove's homeland had in the matter, "so I knew it was rare, but…" He remembered the mountains once more. "One of the first times I saw it, it was being hunted down on a radar by Team Rocket," conveniently leaving out that that Rocket had been his brother - there wasn't really any need to get into all that now. He could understand the idea of the organization pursuing something rare and valuable, but the fact that Asch had been using a device that appeared to have been tailored for tracking seemed significant.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:40 pm
Ray practically made a show of turning around, half flailing at Yuri's words.
Once facing the man, she dropped down into a crouch in front of him, fixing him with a very serious stare.
"You ever hear those legends growing up, stories about the beings of nature, of the world, of the universe, how through time and space and darkness and light there are flows of life that guide each one. Where the trees grow tall and healthy with unheard grace and the seas swell to devastating powers.
When the volcano erupts, then the sky rains with meteors and the deepest darkest of nightmares rips your mind apart in ways you never recover."
She barely managed to explain in one breath.
"Legendary pokemon, are pokemon who command those powers."

A hand gestured toward the pokemon around them "While these pokemon can command fire, or water, air- any of their powers drawn from nature... the Legendary ARE nature. and they surpass anything that any of our pokemon could even dream of doing."
She let her hand fall, "Setting asside the fact that most humans in this world will never ever even come close to SEEING a legendary becasue of how unheard of they are, owning a legendary just does... not... happen."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm
Yuri stared back at Ray with a straight face as he listened to her talk. Once she was finished though, his gaze turned towards Dove and her Mew. Jabbing a thumb in their direction.

"Soooo... that little pink thing is some kind of nature controlling, space traveling, super god Pokemon that could send us all into the depths of hell?" There was pause. "Looks pretty harmless to me." There was a definite note of skepticism in his voice.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm
When Luke spoke again, Ray twisted around from where she was crouched by Yuri, her eyebrow arching.
Though something he said caused her brow to furrow, and she glanced down at the sad in troubled thought.
"Team Rocket..."

Yuri's comment snapped her out of her thoughts, she looked up at the Mew, staring at it for a couple of seconds, then back at Yuri.
"Yes... that's exactly right."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:54 pm
Though Luke's addition to the conversation helped ease her mind a little, she again grew tense, listening to the others as they talked about the little pokemon at her back, and what the implications of such a creature existing might mean.

It couldn't be the Mew from the legends. It was just a baby. Surely it wasn't that strong-- it had only showed her it's ability to transform, nothing else, and even with that technique, it had progressed over their time together.

Her eyes flicked to Yuri as he spoke, and she shook her head, nearly laughing. "Not in my hands."

Lifting her head, she looked again to Ray, waiting for an opportunity to chip in. "I talked to a man the other day who mentioned a rumor of people selling illegal pokemon," she said boldly, her face smooth as the little pokemon finally got the courage to move in front of her to her chest instead. She stroked it's small back as it huddled against her. "Obviously, I didn't know at the time I bought it, and I've been back to the location since then, but I haven't seen anything else." She likely wouldn't have bought it if she had known at the time, and it hurt her pride--again-- to admit she had made yet another mistake, but at least the information might be helpful to those around her. Her brows furrowed at the idea of Team Rocket being involved, her previous suspicions now confirmed. "I don't know who he was affiliated with, but there were two men selling them when I got Trill. This was the only one in a masterball, though."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm
Rosie was looking completely surprised. "You've never mentioned this." she spoke, having had no idea that he knew a Legendary, let alone that Team Rocket was involved. She understood why he might have kept it under wraps, for the Legendary's sake if anything, but it was still surprising.

At Ray's voice repeating the organizations name she looked at the taller women "You don't think Team Rocket has something to do with it, do you? I mean... we already know they target Legendary, its been a concern for years and places have already suffered."
She looked to the Mew over by Dove, shifting herself forward so that she could kneel in the sand.
"You mean there could be even more of those out there than the two Mew you and Luke are talking about?  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:59 pm
Dove continued to pet the little pink legendary as it curled against her chest, its tail again curling about her waist.

Zane stayed quiet, listening to the exchange from where he sat, Midas alert behind him, both with the same level expression.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:02 pm
"Team Rocket?" Flynn questioned, not even having heard of the organization, he was now getting even more confused. Yuri made a motion at him though that indicated he would explain later, so the blonde settled for that and continued to listen.

Yuri couldn't help but blink at Ray though, looking back at the Mew again as it showed itself and the other continued to speculate. "Hold on, aren't you guys kinda ignoring the fact that he said Team Rocket can track these things?" After all, if they were able to do that, wouldn't that put Dove and those around her in danger?  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:04 pm
Dove's eyes widened as Yuri spoke again, and she looked to Trill, her heart stopping. The baby in her arms simply looked up at her, blinking with large round eyes at her alarm.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff