Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Point A to Point B Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:56 pm
A gray haired head lifted up from the ground, both mossy eyes finding the younger red head.
"Thats my specialty!" She said with a grin "Seventeen years of experience... uh... Hm, eighteen actually." Ray shrugged lightly propping herself up onto her elbow again "Yeah, I'm good with pokemon."  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:13 pm
He offered a smile that was quiet, erring on wistful, though her response was reassuring. "I have a Rapidash," he said, referring to the Rapidash that had earlier been mentioned as one of the four passed to him from his brother, "and I'm worried that I won't be able to train it. I have enough to work on with my team as it is, and honestly… its temper is kind of intimidating. I'd been debating storing it, but I'd much rather leave it with someone who can look after it properly…"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:30 pm
Ah, so that got a small smile from him though she wasn't sure she could really count that, but still, as he continued, bringing up a Rapidash, Rayan pulled herself up into a sitting position, hunched a little forward with her hands still on Double Stripe's head giving her half lidded attention to Luke, and at first was completely prepared to answer some questions or give advice on his Rapidash.

What he did ask though, took her by surprise, and this drew the women's posture up. "You want me to look after this Rapidash?"
She concluded. tilting her head a little. "Hm... wow, firstly I do have to say that those are all very good reasons not to over burden yourself, especially if you're feeling intimidated by it,and putting pokemon in storage is certainly a waist of the poor beasts."

"I'm not one to overburden my own party, but recently what you see, is what my party is..." to emphasize she patted Double Stripe, who flicked a tough out and lifted his head off of her lap.
Rayan tapped a finger to her chin. "Intimidating huh? Would you mind if we took a look at it?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 pm
He nodded briefly to confirm her summary and nodded again at her conclusion about storage. He'd yet to rely on storage for any of his pokemon, and he certainly wanted to continue to avoid it if possible but was at a loss for what to do with Havoc. Once more he nodded at her request to see the Rapidash in question, and he produced from his belt the black pokeball that was its residence.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:47 pm
Leaning forward to bring herself into a stand, she stopped very suddenly for a few seconds somewhere between a sit and a crouch as she caught sight of the ball the Luke had pulled from his belt.
For a few seconds she stared at the ball a look of confusion and curiosity on her face.
"Woh, what kind of ball is that?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 pm
Luke paused as well, his gaze falling to the ball in his hand. He knew there were a lot of different kinds of pokeballs, many he had yet to see - so he had simply assumed this was just another normal design. "I don't know. Is it not a standard kind?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:56 pm
Ray frowned "Might be some kind of custom paint job or something, may I see it?" It didn't look like a paint job, those tended to look pretty tacky, and they didn't wear very well with the operations and energy of the balls. Custom balls didn't tend to be too popular of a investment.

she fell back onto her knees, crawling over toward the boy and sitting down by the ball in her hand. "What..." She muttered "This isn't standard at all, The buttons not even along the seam. I... Hell, I've never seen anything like this before." Ray frowned looking up at Luke "Where did you get this?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 pm
His hopes gradually sank with Ray's baffled appraisal, and he kept his eyes low. Something Rocket-made, then. He wasn't terribly surprised. "From my brother," he said, unwilling to elaborate on the most telling piece of information.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:07 pm
Her eyebrows arched as she studied the ball. "I wonder what the purpose of the release button being on top is." She mused absently. "Hum! Well that's embarrassing, I thought I've seen everything."
Mossy eyes slid from the ball over to Luke, noticing his eyes down again.
"You're brother." Too bad he wasn't around to answer that question for her then.
"I see, well. must have been a hobby of his?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm
He hesitated in response, though even as he did so he arrived at the recognition that it was an empty effort to conceal his brother's identity. Asch was already gone; it wouldn't hurt him nor anyone else to know what he had done in his life. With some lingering reluctance, Luke shook his head, "If it isn't standard, it's probably something Team Rocket manufactures…"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:21 pm
Ray looked up at him with a quieter expression, mellowing out her usual smirk and amusement.
Sitting up a little taller, she tilted her head, "I can tell you didn't want to go admitting that." She noted, not at all blind to his posture and the way he spoke.
"So... Team Rocket then huh?" She asked, leaning down to get a closer look at the ball again. "I wonder what kind of affects this would serve to their pokemon. You're brother never talked about this?"  
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:35 pm
"I'd rather people not judge his character by the fact that he was a Rocket," he explained, the words murmuring. It wasn't Asch's choice, after all, that he had wound up in the situation he was in. And in the end, the only way for him to escape.

He shook his head slightly at the question, forcing a subdued smile in an effort to maintain control over his emotions - with some success, for once. "We were enemies almost as long as we knew each other. He usually avoided talking about it." Or shut down the discussion at the earliest opportunity, or dodged questions, or simply snapped and argued until the subject was dropped.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:40 pm
Sera finished what she could eat, then allowed Isabella to eat from her plate as much as she wanted - her first since she was patient - then handed the rest to Jacques, who took it eagerly. Mention of Asch drew her attention, despite her sleepiness, though she pointedly refrained from commenting. Her opinion of him had been formed by his behavior and attitude and complete assholery, though she wasn't about to say as much with Luke present.

"It is weird-looking," she chimed in, unable to hold in all of her opinions. She had certainly never seen one of those before.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:53 pm
Ray held her hands up, looking a little taken aback by his comment "Hey, I'm wasn't actually judging," the women was quick to explain "I was commenting on your tone, and pointing out the kind of obvious posture you're taking up now. I get it, and I'm not prying, You go around looking like you want to just curl up in a ball and sit in the rain its kind of hard for people not to notice that kind of thing." a corner of her mouth lifted her hands pressing down onto her knees as she spoke more of less light heatedly, but just trying to be up front. "or you know... comment."

"So s**t happened, Iiii get that, shits kinda the thing that always happens. But honestly." She pointed to the Dark ball "I was only curious about this thing. that's all. None of that other stuff, is any of my business, one day when I don't think its inappropriate, I might ask." Again a casual shrug. "I know I'm a stuck up b***h sometimes but I'm not THAT much of a b***h." One of her awkward wide grins returned to her face.

She wasn't going to blame him for being upset about that kind of thing, who wouldn't, and she could tell he wasn't doing any better now talking about it.
"so, for whatever its worth, you have my condolences, so... now how about we learn more about what this spooky yet somehow mysteriously alluring contraption is capable of by ourselves huh?" She waved her fingers over the ball in a mysterious manner.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:16 pm
'Talking too much,' that wasn't a term one could usually apply to Luke, but he realized from Ray's response that the things he was offering had been unsolicited. Chiding himself as an idiot, he drew and exhaled a long, level breath. "Sorry." His thoughts quickly took to his voice in the rare instances that he was speaking, as he recalled, and so he stopped himself from further excessive speech, keeping his words within necessity. "Do you want me to let him out?" There was some apprehension to the question; he didn't know the Rapidash well, but it felt ill advised to simply release it in the middle of their camp.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff