Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Angel Sanctuary Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many of the books can you find in your area?
1-5
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
6-10
57%
 57%  [ 29 ]
11-15
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
16-20
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:11 pm
Insomniac090
Sai-kun
Nonconsentual incest isn't good, you're supposed to be able to trust your family not to hurt you, but there isnt anything inherantly WRONG about two people who happen to be brother and sister who love each other very much.
Contrary to popular belief, one instance of incest will not produce some grotesquely deformed and defective hell spawn if that's what people are so worried about.

THANKYOU!! I share that opinion, and when others tell of Angel Sanctuary because of the incest, I get into this whole argument with them. If two people love each other, they should go for it and be allowed to be together, regardless of gender, ancestry, etc.

And regarding volume 9, I can't stop wondering just how (SPOILER) Arachne got so close to Kurai in the first place if he's really a spy. Aren't they supposed to be cousins? Are they actually cousins, and Arachne became a spy to save his a**, or did he somehow bribe his way into the royal family?
Also, Arachne seems more manly in volume 9 than in ANY of the other volumes, yet is referred to as "she" so much more. A friend pointed that out, but I saw it as well.

My favorite quote from AS is "I'm sorry Princess. But what can I say? I'm a devil", said by Belial ^^

I don't write of AS cause of sibling love. I'll just state that. And I don't think it's disgusting or horrible and that thay should burn in hell. I just don't think that incest is something very good. I don't have a problem with AS since, like you say, it's not the whole plot, and Yuki isn't defending it or anything, she's pretty much objective. It'd be a different matter if she went out encouraging people, then I might get a little...what?
As ofr incest yaoi... no thank you. A character getting raped by his father isn't fun or sexy, it's just disgusting.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:58 pm
Kamikaze Pedestrian
Insomniac090
Sai-kun
Nonconsentual incest isn't good, you're supposed to be able to trust your family not to hurt you, but there isnt anything inherantly WRONG about two people who happen to be brother and sister who love each other very much.
Contrary to popular belief, one instance of incest will not produce some grotesquely deformed and defective hell spawn if that's what people are so worried about.

THANKYOU!! I share that opinion, and when others tell of Angel Sanctuary because of the incest, I get into this whole argument with them. If two people love each other, they should go for it and be allowed to be together, regardless of gender, ancestry, etc.

And regarding volume 9, I can't stop wondering just how (SPOILER) Arachne got so close to Kurai in the first place if he's really a spy. Aren't they supposed to be cousins? Are they actually cousins, and Arachne became a spy to save his a**, or did he somehow bribe his way into the royal family?
Also, Arachne seems more manly in volume 9 than in ANY of the other volumes, yet is referred to as "she" so much more. A friend pointed that out, but I saw it as well.

My favorite quote from AS is "I'm sorry Princess. But what can I say? I'm a devil", said by Belial ^^

I don't write of AS cause of sibling love. I'll just state that. And I don't think it's disgusting or horrible and that thay should burn in hell. I just don't think that incest is something very good. I don't have a problem with AS since, like you say, it's not the whole plot, and Yuki isn't defending it or anything, she's pretty much objective. It'd be a different matter if she went out encouraging people, then I might get a little...what?
As ofr incest yaoi... no thank you. A character getting raped by his father isn't fun or sexy, it's just disgusting.

It seems that Kaori Yuki likes to tamper with all concepts of love, whether its been brother and sister or if its a transcendent love or a love between comrades, etcetc...
Also...noncon incest is in the minority of yaoi...yaoi isnt all smut ^_^;  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:18 am
Sai-kun
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

I think the trial was one of the most exciting parts of the manga, Sara is a really strong character there.

[Spoilers regarding vol 9]
Arakune/Arachne was Kurai's cousin, how distant, I'm not sure. It was during the time when the Angels raided Gehenna and was slaughtering everybody. At this point, Arakune didnt know who was alive and whether it was only him or not. He was going to die sooner or later, but then Belial came to him and made him a deal.
He took it to save his life, I believe. I dont remember the exact conditions of the deal.

Concernig the spoilers:
Well, one of us got the whole story about Arakune wrong. As far as I understood, he is the older brother of Kurai and was told he'd be the heir of Gehenna. But he was only a decoy, because Kurai was the true heir. Then, one day, the angels attacked Arakune who they believed to be the heir of Gehenna, and kill almost everyone there. He survived, but only because Belial came and offered him a deal. Arakune should be Belials spy, and Belial would save his life. Arakune chose to live, killed his cousin, the real Arakune, and took his place. Because no one should be able to find out his true identity he let his hair grow, used make-up and dressed like a woman.
That's how I got this whole story...

Oh, and you're right about the trial^^  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:32 am
Sai-kun
Kamikaze Pedestrian
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

It seems that Kaori Yuki likes to tamper with all concepts of love, whether its been brother and sister or if its a transcendent love or a love between comrades, etcetc...
Also...noncon incest is in the minority of yaoi...yaoi isnt all smut ^_^;

And that's making her stories so interesting and unique, even if you don't always agree.
Also...I know. ^^ I've read a lot of yaoi manga, and like you said, most of it was as decent as yaoi ever can be.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

YGOPaladin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:35 am
wow, I'm gone for like 8 hours and there's a whole page worth of new stuff in just this one thread. smile But everything I would have said has already been said. So I'll just 3nodding and leave it at that. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:44 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

I think the trial was one of the most exciting parts of the manga, Sara is a really strong character there.

Arakune/Arachne was Kurai's cousin, how distant, I'm not sure. It was during the time when the Angels raided Gehenna and was slaughtering everybody. At this point, Arakune didnt know who was alive and whether it was only him or not. He was going to die sooner or later, but then Belial came to him and made him a deal.
He took it to save his life, I believe. I dont remember the exact conditions of the deal.

Concernig the spoilers:
Well, one of us got the whole story about Arakune wrong. As far as I understood, he is the older brother of Kurai and was told he'd be the heir of Gehenna. But he was only a decoy, because Kurai was the true heir. Then, one day, the angels attacked Arakune who they believed to be the heir of Gehenna, and kill almost everyone there. He survived, but only because Belial came and offered him a deal. Arakune should be Belials spy, and Belial would save his life. Arakune chose to live, killed his cousin, the real Arakune, and took his place. Because no one should be able to find out his true identity he let his hair grow, used make-up and dressed like a woman.

[Spoiler discussion]
No, I think you're right, but I dont know how closely related he and Kurai are...they might be brother and siste and Arakune might be calling himself his cousin to disguise the fact that Kurai has a still living close blood relative. And yeah, he was resentful of Kurai becoming Dragon master since all his life he was built up to be one...but strictly in the case of an event such as the Angels' massacre of Gehenna, so that the Angels would go after Arakune.
Yus. I think you're right. It's been literally...years since I picked up AS. Its on my shelf! I have no excuse >_<

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:51 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

Concernig the spoilers:

[Spoiler discussion]
No, I think you're right, but I dont know how closely related he and Kurai are...they might be brother and siste and Arakune might be calling himself his cousin to disguise the fact that Kurai has a still living close blood relative. And yeah, he was resentful of Kurai becoming Dragon master since all his life he was built up to be one...but strictly in the case of an event such as the Angels' massacre of Gehenna, so that the Angels would go after Arakune.
Yus. I think you're right. It's been literally...years since I picked up AS. Its on my shelf! I have no excuse >_<

Spoiler discussion is going on and on...

"This was the first time I saw my little sister." A quotation from Arakune's memory, so I think he really is Kurais bis brother. I think this means reading the whole story another time, Sai-kun *laughs* I think Arakune doesn't tell anybody anything because everyone should think he died during the attack, and of course no one should know about his contracts with Belial and that he killed the real Arakune who in fact was Kurai's cousin.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:38 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Insomniac090
Sai-kun

Concernig the spoilers:

[Spoiler discussion]

"This was the first time I saw my little sister." A quotation from Arakune's memory, so I think he really is Kurais bis brother. I think this means reading the whole story another time, Sai-kun *laughs* I think Arakune doesn't tell anybody anything because everyone should think he died during the attack, and of course no one should know about his contracts with Belial and that he killed the real Arakune who in fact was Kurai's cousin.

I think you're right, Katinchen! So rusty >_< Ne, this is what I get for doublestacking my manga (more like quadruple stacking at this point...what will my parents say about getting a whole new bookshelf just for manga...), all the old stuff getes pushed to the back and I dont get around to rereading it...
I shall put it on my To Do list ^_^  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:32 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun

Concernig the spoilers:

[Spoiler discussion]

I think you're right, Katinchen! So rusty >_< Ne, this is what I get for doublestacking my manga (more like quadruple stacking at this point...what will my parents say about getting a whole new bookshelf just for manga...), all the old stuff getes pushed to the back and I dont get around to rereading it...

Oh, so you need a new bookshelf just for manga too? *laughs* They need a lot of space, don't they? I had to put many in a cupboard because my shelfes are full... And I don't get to read these ones either, one just doesn't see them, and, well, out of sight, out ouf mind, right?
Okay, this post was completely OT until now, but... sweatdrop

*thinks* What happens in volume 11...? It must be published more or less soon, right? Now I come to think about it, one of my favourite scenes with Kira is in it. ^^ Besides... Well, not one of my favourite volumes, but at some points very interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:34 pm
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun

Concernig the spoilers:

[Spoiler discussion]

Oh, so you need a new bookshelf just for manga too? *laughs* They need a lot of space, don't they? I had to put many in a cupboard because my shelfes are full... And I don't get to read these ones either, one just doesn't see them, and, well, out of sight, out ouf mind, right?

*thinks* What happens in volume 11...? It must be published more or less soon, right? Now I come to think about it, one of my favourite scenes with Kira is in it. ^^ Besides... Well, not one of my favourite volumes, but at some points very interesting.

Wooo, 11! we're getting to the juicy bits!
One of my if not my favorite arc is just getting ready to start up!
Enter Sevotharte and Anima Mundi...healthy dose of political intrigue.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:30 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun

[Spoiler discussion]

Wooo, 11! we're getting to the juicy bits!
One of my if not my favorite arc is just getting ready to start up!
Enter Sevotharte and Anima Mundi...healthy dose of political intrigue.

Yes, and Zaphikels backgroundstory, if I remember correctly.
[Some spoilers ahead]
I'm really sorry the one-winged girl who meets Raziel has to die... I don't know why, but I like her. But Raziel really behaves a bit like an idiot these chapters, doesn't he? How could he be this naive? To anybody else it would have been perfectly clear that Sevotharte didin't want to help the people in the lowest sphere.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:21 pm
[Spoiler discussion]
Zaphikel's backstory is beautiful, IMO. Tragic and lovely.
and yeah I like Raziel's pseudo girlfriend too. I cant remember her name -_-;
Raziel is a little blind to what goes on sometimes, I think Zaphikel keeps a lot away from him to protect him. Zaphikel has a deeply dark and violent past, I think he is drawn to Raziel because of his innocence (and other things which would be TOO spoilery) which he himself doesnt have.
Also, Raziel was an I-child himself, so thats all the more reason why Zaphikel hasn't let him in on a lot about them.
Though his sheltering of Raziel has tragic consequences..

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:21 am
Sai-kun
[Spoiler discussion]
Raziel is a little blind to what goes on sometimes, I think Zaphikel keeps a lot away from him to protect him. Zaphikel has a deeply dark and violent past, I think he is drawn to Raziel because of his innocence (and other things which would be TOO spoilery) which he himself doesnt have.
Also, Raziel was an I-child himself, so thats all the more reason why Zaphikel hasn't let him in on a lot about them.

New post without quotes? Good idea, really good idea.

I can't remember the name neither^^' Or, wait! idea Shatiel, that's what she was called!
Well, maybe Zaphikel protected Raziel very long, but letting him know what really happens in heaven was the reason why he was send to patrol in the slums, wasn't it? I don't really understand how Raziel could be this innocent after what was done to him in the laboratory...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:55 am
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
[Spoiler discussion]

I can't remember the name neither^^' Or, wait! idea Shatiel, that's what she was called!
Well, maybe Zaphikel protected Raziel very long, but letting him know what really happens in heaven was the reason why he was send to patrol in the slums, wasn't it? I don't really understand how Raziel could be this innocent after what was done to him in the laboratory...

Now we can start a whole 'nother quote pyramid...
[Spoiler discussion]
I cant remember why Raziel went to the slums either -_-;
He probably wanted to get more involved in Zaphikel's cause 'cause by association and also by experience, he doesnt like Sevi.
I think RAziel was just so submissive and brainwashed at the lab that he didn't know to be angry about what happened to him. He only knew that he was hurting and Zaphikel pulled him out of that hell.

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Katinchen012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:16 am
Sai-kun
Katinchen012
Sai-kun
[Spoiler discussion]

Now we can start a whole 'nother quote pyramid...
[Spoiler discussion]
I cant remember why Raziel went to the slums either -_-;
He probably wanted to get more involved in Zaphikel's cause 'cause by association and also by experience, he doesnt like Sevi.
I think RAziel was just so submissive and brainwashed at the lab that he didn't know to be angry about what happened to him. He only knew that he was hurting and Zaphikel pulled him out of that hell.

Yes... *laughs* And it's getting bigger and bigger...

I don't have the volume here by now, but I think I remember Zaphikel said something like "It's time he sees what this heaven really is" or something similar.
Yes, I suppose you're right about Raziel being brainwashed at the lab. That's the only logical possibility, I think.

Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff