Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

E_Night

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:59 pm
[_caustic_]
E_Night
mrtommyos
GothicSamuraiRedux
Hello all. thanks for accepting the invite. whee

As for intro:

Name IRL: Jeff

I've been an agnostic ever since I was in the 9th grade, really. I guess you could say that science slapped me in the face and I lost faith in Christianity.

Science tends to do that. Welcome.
i love science!!! can't wait till chemistry this year *bouncey bouncey happy dance* so your a dude right like Locket. girl avi manly irl?

No, I'm pretty sure he's a female named Jeff.
i know a dude named tracey. with parents who were hippies who knows whats possible!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:54 am
thanks all for acceopting mrgreen

RL name: Andrew aka Rew

I got bored of christianity, so I dropped it.  

A Fallen Hero

Derrot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:45 pm
Name: Tori
Likes: science fiction, art, writing, role playing, and anime/manga
Dislikes: people without their own purpose (i.e. puppets) and being confined
I've never really seriously beleived in a god (I didn't care when I was really young and then in elementary school I saw it as another tooth faerie or Easter bunny). Then I announced it to the world when I was in the tenth grade because I saw other students and teachers talking about it without getting in trouble (I was living in Arkansas at the time and I tried to be careful so I wouldn't get a rock through my window or something...)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:08 pm
Wait... Derrot... You hate puppets? How can you hate Kermit! He's so cool! It's not easy being green you know!  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

shaitan393

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:20 pm
Back and betta then ever  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:59 am
Welcome/ welcome back ^.^  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

mond -an- mitternacht

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:27 pm
Hi... ^^ My name is Tsuki(I go by my online name). I became an atheist because the posibility was there; I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist and the main charater mentioned something about not believing in god. I'm not copying the main character, though. It just made me think, "What if there really wasn't?" and well, here I am today. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:26 pm
The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!
Wait... Derrot... You hate puppets? How can you hate Kermit! He's so cool! It's not easy being green you know!

Oh, but Kermit has a purpose... ninja  

Derrot

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:30 pm
Derrot
The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

That scares me. Very much.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:41 pm
Hi everybody I'm Tri. And basically I'm an affiliate for everything Caustic owns. hehe. I like to do stuff because stuff is awsome. whee I hate people who think that the internet is their graffiti board and that they don't have to take the time to spell anything. If you think this, I WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!! evil I luv da anime, puppies, and esplosions. blaugh And I think I need to get a little more sleep.  

Trisylene

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:02 pm
Welcome people^^ I own your soul. 4laugh

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!
Derrot
The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

That scares me. Very much.

gonk dun let kermit get me  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 pm
Hi, biggrin both my parents were atheist, but they sent me to a Church of England school anyway where you would get a detention for not praying to the "one true god"! THEY EVEN MADE THE MUSLIMS SAY THE CHRISTIAN PRAYERS! I just noticed that every religion had so many inconsistencies and total lack of evidence that none of them could be true.

I'm one of those people that believes anything could be possible, but most of the stuff people spout on about is often too unlikely to be worth considering e.g. "We are in the matrix!!!" So what if we are! We cant do jackSh*t about it so we might aswell account for every eventuality apart from that.

My estimation of the probabilities of what is true puts all the major religions at about zero, though they could have some super natural power channeling the religions into what they belief. I know that if I could time travel back I'd probably take the role of some god. In summary I'm pretty much an atheist though I wouldn't be incredibly shocked to find out there was some kind of god that the sparked the religons, but the all loving all powerful thing be true would suprise me as it seems to be nonsense.

Anyway, I'm in England, currently studying genetics, aged 19.  

Cheshire_Churchill

aravier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:01 am
hi, im aravier, and im here to say...hi! i like gaming, good conversations (especially about religion) and music, ussually light rock or elecronica (the prodigy!!)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:04 am
My real name is Dan, but some people call me Chappy and some call me Bowmore. I was raised an atheist.

My dad is an atheist and my mom is an agnostic former christian. I have five half-brothers, two on my dad's side and three on my mom's side. I'm 21 and I'm the youngest of them -- the youngest of my brothers is 28.

I'm also a freelance journalist! I've been doing work for the local newspaper. I go on the occasional assignment, but mostly I just do video game reviews (woo, dream job!) and I might be syndicated sometime in the near future. 3nodding  

Bowmore

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:18 pm
Bowmore
I'm also a freelance journalist! I've been doing work for the local newspaper. I go on the occasional assignment, but mostly I just do video game reviews (woo, dream job!) and I might be syndicated sometime in the near future. 3nodding

Sweetness. Good for you.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games