Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Books Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read much?
no
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
yes
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
some
40%
 40%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 44

Syeori

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:45 am
i just had time to finish my book 'falling leaves' by Adeline Yen Mah. Anyone read it? its an international best seller. I've also read the younger readers verison 'chinese cinderalla' The books made me cry. cry  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:38 pm
I just got Ayashi no cere volume 11 now.
X_X; Stupid barnes and nobles, morans didn't have full moon wo saggshite volume two. It was suppose to be released to day, according to the viz website. I bet boarders has it released already, why the hell can't Barnes and nobles treat every single non harry potter book equally? Like release them on the date they're supose to be release duh. rolleyes

Tokioka~ Lmao besides having five more proof reading, they should get someone that actually speaks Japanese and english proof read it too.

X_X; Tokyopop makes more mistakes than Viz. In Rayearth magical knights in the first volume they speak Cephiro 'Ciphiro' instead. X_X: They kept changing and they even mispelt the one of my the main charector's name too. X_X: They left out a u in 'Fuu.' stare

Then Tokyopop's first mangas released , like Sailor moon, cardcaptor Sakura, Gundum wing, and saint tail. They were all in poor condition! stare When you open the mangas too large, the damn pages would fall out. X_X; stressed

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Tokioka

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:28 pm
Before I started Northern Lights, I read My Story by Dave Pelzer. It's a really emotional and inspirational autobiography that I think most children should read so that they realise how fortunate their lives are. Definitely one of my favourite books.

@ DASG: Yeh manga in bad condition is always annoying, especially as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. When I go and buy manga I sometimes compare different copies of the same manga, just so I can get the best condition. sweatdrop From my experience of buying manga online, I found that some companies package it badly and you get creased and bent front covers, which sucks if you're proud of your manga collection and like displaying it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:06 pm
Tokioka
Before I started Northern Lights, I read My Story by Dave Pelzer. It's a really emotional and inspirational autobiography that I think most children should read so that they realise how fortunate their lives are. Definitely one of my favourite books.

@ DASG: Yeh manga in bad condition is always annoying, especially as I'm a bit of a perfectionist. When I go and buy manga I sometimes compare different copies of the same manga, just so I can get the best condition. sweatdrop From my experience of buying manga online, I found that some companies package it badly and you get creased and bent front covers, which sucks if you're proud of your manga collection and like displaying it.

hmm... okay never lend manga to some one you haven't known for more than a year. My friend she lent her manga collections to our anime club in school and more than $90 of her collection either came back in poor condition or just not come back at all. no one fessed up to it either.
@dasg: rofl the pages fell out rofl  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:50 pm
Tokioka~ I haven't tried online shopping yet. I like the deals that other people get but then if I get ripped off or if there is some sort of defect. I can't go up to the person in-person to complain to them.

Yalie~
My sailor moon stars volume three, the pages fell out. X_X: It was thanks to some moran opening it too damn wide. I pretty much snapped at the idiot that reading it. X_X: I knew them for over a year too..

I say its better to force people to sign a contract before lending them anime/or/and/ mangas. Then you can make them all pay. twisted If I was your friend, I would have literally forced all of the deadbeats at the anime club to pay retribution. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:37 pm
Vanilla_Soda
i just had time to finish my book 'falling leaves' by Adeline Yen Mah. Anyone read it? its an international best seller. I've also read the younger readers verison 'chinese cinderalla' The books made me cry. cry

I have. i own them too... yes they are sad. that niang has issues. And franklin was a little monster.
@dasg: lol. yeah that's what we're going to do this year. and whoever doesn't pay will have to answer to... uh... i nee to get some really big guy to shake them down xp  

yalie5

xoCrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:56 am
I can't find my "Da Vinci Code" D:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:11 am
Pooie, I can't find Tsubabsa volume 5 in teh store. I wanna know what happens!  

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:49 pm
3nodding Just started Angels and demons by Dan Brown.

Yalie~ xd I say hire the Chinese mafia!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:31 pm
Darkaznstargoddess

Angels and demons was good. i just lent it to my friend. And will the chinese mafia be willing to come to a tiny little place just to shake some highschool students down for less than minimum wage? razz  

yalie5

sasa_powa_4eva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:36 pm
I just finished the book named "Une princesse pour Wiglaf" (Easy reading of 108 pages) and Im reading "5150, rue des Ormes" written by Patrick Senegal (harder reading than the last book with 364 pages). (Yup yup, I read in French...!)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:39 pm
sasa_powa_4eva
I just finished the book named "Une princesse pour Wiglaf" (Easy reading of 108 pages) and Im reading "5150, rue des Ormes" written by Patrick Senegal (harder reading than the last book with 364 pages). (Yup yup, I read in French...!)

i can't find any french books... need to get off my lazy a** and go to books a millon XD okay the first one was One Princess for Wiglaf?
and then 5150 roads of Ormes? thats a lot of roads... or is it street?  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:46 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess

Angels and demons was good. i just lent it to my friend. And will the chinese mafia be willing to come to a tiny little place just to shake some highschool students down for less than minimum wage? razz

xd Probaly, just include a little tip about some other mafia or say that the deadbeats at the anime club are plotting against them. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:59 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess

xd Probaly, just include a little tip about some other mafia or say that the deadbeats at the anime club are plotting against them. 3nodding

d'you think they'll find out?  

yalie5

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:10 pm
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess
yalie5
Darkaznstargoddess

d'you think they'll find out?

*Shrugs* Depends on your luck. 3nodding

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas