Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
On the subject of dating and marriage Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yalie5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:36 pm
marriage? AHHHHH!!!! commitment? SUPER AGHHHH!!! oh look i have mail *walks off to check mail*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
XShadowMistressX
No matter what race they were, my parents would have a heart attack if they found out that I dated. confused

Lmfao, sounds like my parents too!
xd Except more like one of the following after the yelling and the heart attack.

A.Constantly bring it up
B.Eternally butting into my private life.
C.Disown

Oh, yes, definately C. for my parents xp  

XShadowMistressX

Dawning Emulsion

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:57 am
yalie5
marriage? AHHHHH!!!! commitment? SUPER AGHHHH!!! oh look i have mail *walks off to check mail*

lol!! So true!! I speak for a few of my friends too. Maybe it's growing up in an all girl's school for 7 years - particularly the one I went to; a lot of our girls, myself included, turned out to be quite a feminist xd and have the slight problem of commitmentphobeia! We enjoy the chase, but as soon as the guy suggests a serious relationship we think our personal freedom and independence is being inhibited and we run a mile.

Yet the irony is that most of us always complain over the lack of decent datable guys around; which to be fair, is true in my case! Plenty of guys about now...but whether they're datable is another matter entirely! xp

I don't know... my parents are partly the reason I'm still single, but I think for me the bigger problem is my lack of time for a relationship right now as much as the lack of decent men... yes maybe my standards are too high, but hey, I'm still young and not particularly desperate, so why settle for second best when I can wait and see if the best will come along?

Sorry no offence meant to the guys in here of course! wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:21 am
Let's just put it this way: Dating = commitment = no freedom = prison = gonk
Personally I find it much much easier just to be single, and as my dad always tells me "there's plenty of fish in the ocean" confused Which is quite weird... for him to be telling me that... sweatdrop ahem, anyways, I guess, being a guy, my parents go easier on me on the whole "dating" issue, but... what was it they said... oh yeah, "no serious relationships until I graduate"... which I guess I could interpret as "have fun ditching girls you don't like, just don't break any hearts until you're out of school"... or something the other....
While reading China. Inc I found a very interesting passage describing that the traditional values of the Chinese society (i.e. school > dating, no sex before marriage, etc etc) are fading and we're becoming more and more like the Western culture... apperantely the average age for people to have sex for their first time was... what was it... oh right, now it's 21, down from 23. confused (and here I think it's 17?) ahem.......
Ah yeah... anyways, before I start a riot here... just to say, you did not hear any of the above from me ninja

Cat-Whiskers

wiim
Crew

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:58 am
Wow, you sure like to "re-interpret" these things... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:20 am
~Ironic Dawn~
yalie5

lol!! So true!! I speak for a few of my friends too. Maybe it's growing up in an all girl's school for 7 years - particularly the one I went to; a lot of our girls, myself included, turned out to be quite a feminist xd and have the slight problem of commitmentphobeia! We enjoy the chase, but as soon as the guy suggests a serious relationship we think our personal freedom and independence is being inhibited and we run a mile.

Yet the irony is that most of us always complain over the lack of decent datable guys around; which to be fair, is true in my case! Plenty of guys about now...but whether they're datable is another matter entirely! xp

I don't know... my parents are partly the reason I'm still single, but I think for me the bigger problem is my lack of time for a relationship right now as much as the lack of decent men... yes maybe my standards are too high, but hey, I'm still young and not particularly desperate, so why settle for second best when I can wait and see if the best will come along?

that's true. plus i don't like my parents meeting people i know that much. like one parent at a time is bearable. but two? ick. plus they keep talking about them.really annoying. but i think the reason i don't like commitment is because of all the people i see in school commiting left and i right and i'm thinking "what the hell is wrong with them?" besides there's so much i want to do by myself. sometime i feel that if there was a guy there they'd pull me down.  

yalie5

XShadowMistressX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:54 am
I hardly have time for dating too. Between school, sports, attempting to write (ugh...this current story is taking almost 3 years...), still not being able to drive even though I'm 16, trying to land a job, etc., I hardly have time for a social life.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:31 am
my mom doesn't really care if i date/marry someone that's not asian. As long as i'm happy it's all good. oh, and if the guy has a good job =P  

mini_angel

Dawning Emulsion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:09 am
yalie5
~Ironic Dawn~
yalie5

that's true. plus i don't like my parents meeting people i know that much. like one parent at a time is bearable. but two? ick. plus they keep talking about them.really annoying. but i think the reason i don't like commitment is because of all the people i see in school commiting left and i right and i'm thinking "what the hell is wrong with them?" besides there's so much i want to do by myself. sometime i feel that if there was a guy there they'd pull me down.

Yeah, I enjoy my own company and just being around friends. Having a guy around at the moment will probably be more of a burden than pleasure. Anyway, guys make great friends; you don't HAVE to date them. Being around them is fun cos they don't give a damn when they're out to enjoy themselves and that's nice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:34 pm
mini_angel
my mom doesn't really care if i date/marry someone that's not asian. As long as i'm happy it's all good. oh, and if the guy has a good job =P

my mom and dad say that they "prefer" me to marry an asian person, but they say it in the tone as if i MUST marry an asian person, even though i'll try my best to, i can't make any promises to them  

[J.C.]

yalie5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:25 pm
~Ironic Dawn~
yalie5
~Ironic Dawn~
yalie5

Yeah, I enjoy my own company and just being around friends. Having a guy around at the moment will probably be more of a burden than pleasure. Anyway, guys make great friends; you don't HAVE to date them. Being around them is fun cos they don't give a damn when they're out to enjoy themselves and that's nice.

i love being by myself sometimes. but then i get bored and lonely. but that's what i have friends for mrgreen yup guys do make great friends. but sometimes they irritate me. but i don't go out with friends often. to busy. doing what? oh nothing. just staring at my ceiling. lol. jkz. actually I'm writing attmepting at manga hoping to pass my driver's license test when the time comes and making sample for avi art. If you want to see them badger kiwiikiwamomo for them and buy some. *in demonic voice* Buy some I said!! *normal voice.* thank you. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:05 pm
Does anybody here feel more physically attracted to asian partners compared to other ethnicities??  

Tokioka

xoCrow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:11 pm
Dating = outraged parents = death = gonk

Hmm.. well up to a point anyway. After I graduate from a university they say.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:57 am
Tokioka
Does anybody here feel more physically attracted to asian partners compared to other ethnicities??

I don't. sweatdrop
I think I've had more crushes on Caucasians boys than asian boys. sweatdrop

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Syeori

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:06 am
Tokioka

Yea, kinda... whee Although i'm physically attracted to most races. haHA omgz I'm a whore. rolleyes  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff