Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
WTF Hotel (the RP) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:58 am
-: Water lapping at the bridge of his nose, Jack sat in the tub almost entirely submerged. The sounds that reached his ear were muffled and distorted. Slipping entirely under, Jack laid flat on the bottom of the porclein bathtub. Opening his eyes, he indulged in his underwater world. The ceiling above rippled as the droplets of water that came from the tap sploshed onto the waters surface. He could hear everything. From the faint sound of steps coming and going up and down the stairway to what he took to be a repeat of the annoying invasion warning from earlier.

His eyes rolled from side to side as he watched wisps of his long silver hair drift in the current that circled his watery bed. Extending his arm from the mirky depths, it searched in vain for the soap that lay tubside. Giving up entirely, his arm sunk back into the warmth of the water and came to rest nustled tightly against his side. Sounds came again. Slowly but steadily the sound of footsteps became apparent at what seemed to be quite a near distance. A knock at the door and a muffled voice came. Surfacing to hear what the voice brought news of, Jack came above the water, pushing his wetted hair from his face and slicking it behind him to prevent his skin from touching unwatered porclein - it was always so cold.

Hearing Aria's words, Jack turned over in the tub and peered over the edge towards the door that sat almost entirely open. The water sploshed against the sides and spilled over in places. Watching as the water worked it's way to the low point of the room, which seemed to be near the window, Jack raised his deep voice, trying to keep it quiet for in such a room, he tended to resignate quite alot. All the years of shouting from one end of a ship to the other had played his voice a foul mistress. He seemed almost entirely unable to control it's volume. Whispering was near impossible let alone normal conversation, but he thought he'd give it a try. "Aria, my dear - thank god - might you be a saint and save me from having to fetch a towel while in the buff? It's not that I'm too lazy, but I've left my own back in my cabin and I'd rather not ride back to the ship nude for no more than my towel - Have you not jumped into your own watery wonderland yet?"  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:23 pm
*Biting back a sudden wave of laughter, Aria jumps from her spot on the rigging in her room, landing on her feet with a soft thud.*

"Now wouldn't that be a sight...the great Captain Jack Kurisutofa riding through town in the nude. Imagine what the crew would say if they saw you riding gallantly up to The Lady wearing nothing more than what God gave you."

*Making her way to the bed, she couldn't help but chuckle at the image her mind had conjured. What a sight that would be. Reaching the bed, she emptied her bags contents onto it's surface and rummaged through the few pieces of clothing to find the second towel she had tucked away for extra measures. In the end, packing a second had been a wise decision, and she silently praised herself for having the forethought to do so. Tossing it over her shoulder, she sauntered back to the mast, and made quick work of climbing up to the opening.*

"Lucky for you I happen to have a spare. I don't normally pack an extra, but something told me it would be useful at some point."

*Pushing herself up into Jack's room, she took a second to look around and take the space in. Aria's eyes swept over the room coming to rest on Kurisutofa in the tub. Blushing 2 shades of pink, she carefully stands and makes her way to the tub with her gaze averted, placing the towel within reaching distance of Jack.*

"There you go. No hurry in returning it, as you'll be needing it later, I'm sure. Uh...if that's all that you need...erm, I'll leave you to your bath."

*Slipping back down the hatchway, Aria tossed her shirt in the general direction of the bed, not caring if it hit it's mark, and slid into her tubs warmth. Feeling all of the tense muscles in her body relax, she lets a soft sigh escape her lips, and gently leans her head back to rest on the rim. Double checking the location of her towel, she smiles before dunking herself under to clear her thoughts.*  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:54 pm
-: The filth having escaped its place umongst his flesh, Jack too had flushed pink, not only in the face, but from head to toe. Thanking almighty for the suds that conveinently covered his vitals, Jack turned back over in the tub and sat back and gazed at the ceiling once more.

Hoping that Aria would be able to hear him, Jack called out, "Aria, if you can hear me down there, I was wondering if there was anything you'd like to see or do while here in Byako. I'm up for playing the tourist if you so see fit. And another thing... I was rather hoping that I could get up the courage to ask you face to face, but now is as good a time as any I suppose. Should you like to accompany me to dinner tonight? I'm sure we could find a nice restuarant about this city. I'm sure there will likely be something odd about it, but it makes it all the more worthwhile, wouldn't you say?" Jack bit his lip. Would she say yes or might she give him the shake and go off on her own? It's not like he wanted to court her to the grand ball and spend a night necking on the quay. Nay, he only wanted to spoil a great friend by taking her to a fine dinner. Or at least have her there if dinner turned into a grand adventure.

Skimming his fingers over the waters surface, Jack watched as the droplets made rings that went on forever. He eagerly awaited her answer so that he might try to darn the creases from his shirtsleeves and jacket before dinner. Even if he didn't hold any romantic intensions, he might as well look the part of a well put together companion. :-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:50 pm
*Hearing the familiar tone of the Captain's voice muffled under the water, Aria poked her head above the surface, catching a majority of what he had said. Mulling the different places she had spied on her way to the hotel over in her mind, Aria hesitated momentarily before replying to him.*

"I wouldn't mind checking parts of this interesting little town out. I've no particular places in mind, and I'm sure anything that we stumble upon while walking about will prove to be quite amusing in the least. I heard talk earlier of a ship that flies in the sky, now that is something I wouldn't mind checking out."

*Pausing for a bit, she thought over the idea of a dinner out. It had been some time since she had last sat down to a pleasant feast, and before her minds eye the picture of a smiling man flashed briefly before receding back into memories long locked away. How long had it been since she'd thought of him, and how strange for it to come back to her now. Splashing her face with water so as to hide the tears that silently crept down her cheeks, Aria cleared her throat to reply, hoping her voice gave no sign of her unexpected lose of control.*

"Dinner would be divine, my dear Captain, thank you for asking."  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:07 pm
-: Congratulating himself on a job well done, Jack slipped from the tub swiftly. Grabbing the towel from the nearby counter, he wrapped it around himself and strode out into the other room. Grabbing his jacket, he found a nice stiff counter and began to rummage through cupboards for an iron.

"Wonderful. Is there anything you are in the mood for?" Finding only a cold weight for an iron, he dipped it in the hot bath water and then ran it over his jacket until it was smooth and wrinkle free. Doing the sme with his shirtsleeves and vest, Jack hung them to dry out and went to the hatchway. Sitting on the floor, he leaned his back against the mast and opened the hatchway so as to speak more freely without the door to muffle their speech. "How is the water treating you, my dear?" :-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:39 pm
"As best as could be expected. I'm sure I'll emerge a new woman, at least, it feels as if I've taken on quite a change in these few minutes of heaven."

*Making a final dunk to rinse the suds from her hair, Aria stood and gingerly stepped from the tub. Drying herself and tucking the towel around her, she made her way to the mirror to inspect the bath's effects. Satisfied with her new clean look, she made her way to the bed to pick something suitable to wear.*

"What would I like to eat? Hmm...I'm not really a very particular eater, and I honestly can't say I've a hankering for anything more than a freshly cooked bit of meat. Do you happen to have a desire for anything in particular?"

*Grabbing a clean shirt, she shook the few wrinkles from it before removing her towel to don it. Wrapping her hair up in the towel, she buttoned up the shirt and grabbed the finer of her two corsets for a look over.*  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:47 pm
-: "Honestly, I've been with child for a nice chicken marsala over a bed of freshly pressed feccechini alfredo. I'm not entirely sure but I think my craving has something to do with when we were in Toulon last. We were only a days sail from Italy, home of wonderfully amazing food. We were right there in Toulon, France - practically the border state - and we didn't go. No: we had to head West.... it kills me. Really, it does." His eyes rolling back in his head, Jack remembered of how he'd dreamt of such feasts. It had been so long since he'd sat down to a steady landbased meal. Midnight's banquet didn't count to due to it's seafood based entry.

Coming back to reality, Jack sat there against the mast, his bareback wiggling back and forth trying to kill the itch on his mid-back. "Have you ever been to Italy, Aria? Rome is simpley amazing..." :-  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:07 pm
*Aria's mouth watered at the thought of a delicious plate of Chicken Alfredo, and her stomach growled in agreement. Her mind wandered over the different places she had been, as she pulled on her corset and went about the task of tightening it.*

"Italy, eh? Once, quite a while back when I first ventured out into the world. Not Rome, however, but a little province in Tuscany. I hear Rome is absolutely beautiful, though. Definitely a place on my checklist of destinations to be explored before the afterlife claims me."

*Having finished with her corset, Aria pulled on a clean pair of leggings and shook loose several wrinkles from a simple skirt to be donned later. Picking up her boot dagger, she strapped it to her calf, deciding to keep it close in case of emergency. Though the town seemed quiet, the earlier warnings of an invasion she had overheard while preparing for her bath had her on guard. Satisfied with her preparations, she grabbed the silver brush, walked over to the mast and sat at the bottom of it, taking on the task of brushing out her hair.*

"Though I've been to several very interesting places, I never really had the time to stop and enjoy their wonderful sights and atmosphere. More important business to attend to at the time, you know how it goes.  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:54 pm
-: Slumping over from his reclined place against the mast, Jack rolls over and hangs the majority of his bare torso through the lubber's hatch. "Well, if I have my way we'll visit Rome before we return to the Lady. I'm not trying to avoid going back, mind you. It's just that I'm rather enjoying your company as my traveling companion, and I'd rather prolong my vacation time."

Disappearing from the hatchway, he scrambled for his breeches. A moment later, he was in them and halfway down the shrouds. Perching on the deadeyes holding the shrouds to the floor, Jack leaned against the hemp rope. Swaying too and fro, he scratched his itchy bareback. "Need a hand with that hair of yours?" :-  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 pm
*Offering up her brush to Kurisutofa, Aria smiled sheepishly while untangling her fingers from her hair.*

"Thank you. It has a mind of it's own, and at times I find myself having trouble keeping it in line. Would you like help with that little itch you seem to be having trouble scratching? I've no problem with putting my fingers to good use, and have been told on several occasions that they work magic."

*A whimsical expression overtook Aria as she thought on the wonderful sights she had been told of in Rome. The stories she had heard since childhood compiled in her mind, causing her delight in the idea of a future trip to bubble to the surface.*

"Rome. Is it really as breathtaking as I've been told? It's hard to imagine such a beautiful place could really exist. And I must say, seeing it with you will make it all the more pleasurable. I've enjoyed what time we've spent together so far, and we've yet to even run into trouble, now that I find in itself amazing."  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:49 pm
-: "When I was young, I was told that the land of Egypt held many wonderfully unbelievable sights and wonders. I didn't put any faith in the tales until one day I found myself bound for Alexandria aboard a man-of-war destined to be set into the history books. It was upon that day in Abikour Bay that I first set eyes upon the Light House of Alexandria, one of the eight wonders of the world. Then again I was amazed even further at the feats that were accomplished by the Egyptians of old when they were ordered to build the pyraminds. Columns and hyrogliphics that one could not fathom unless you look upon it with your own eyes.

I left Egypt with new dreams set within my soul - Oh, sorry.. this may hurt. What a tangle - Now, I've been to Rome once before, but not to the extent of venturing about the ancient streets. But if Rome is anything like Egypt, this shall prove to be educational for the both of us."

Untangling a bit of Aria's long soft hair, Jack ran the brush through it gently. It had been ages since he had gotten this close to anyone so he didn't want to screw things up by accidently tugging to hard or anything of the sort. It was nice to be one on one with a person again. None of that Captain and subordinate stuff now... just the two of them. No more, no less. :-  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:33 pm
"No need to worry about hurting me when it comes to taming that unruly mess. This is nothing compared to having it done up for one of the many frivolous parties my mother had me attend back in the day. God, how I abhorred having to sit through such tortures. I'd have rather walked the plank than sat and quietly endured the tugging and pulling and poking of that damned hair dresser."

*Sitting as still as she possibly could, Aria made an effort not to show any sign of discomfort at Jack's ministrations. It had been years since another person had brushed her hair out, and so she sat quietly and enjoyed the bit of pampering for a change. Had it been someone else, she'd have been less at ease in giving them the task, opting instead to brush it herself. Knowing that her hair was in Jack's trustful hands helped her to relax, causing her to lean back slightly, as she fiddled with a loose piece of lace at her neck.*

"How long has it been since you last took a bit of time off to relax and enjoy yourself? I imagine you don't get the chance very often, so I'll count myself among the lucky to have gotten such an opportunity to see the real Jack Kurisutofa without his crew or ship."  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 pm
"Jack Kurisutofa..." Chuckling, Jack stroked the brush through the underside of the tumult of blonde waves. Holding her hair with one hand, he brushed the sides back and then styled her hair to the best of his abilities. Hesitating, Jack sighed. Eyes darting back and forth, Kurisutofa shook his head."To tell you true, and I dare say I hope you keep this between you, me and the walls: the name's... Clearing his throat, he leaned in so close he could feel the heat of his own breathe radiate off Aria. Putting his lips to her ear, he whispered, "Sydney. Sydney Cochrane."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:26 am
*Freezing at the closeness of the Captain's warmth, Aria held her breath so as not to miss his whispered words, "Sydney. Sydney Cochrane." It had been nigh onto 10 years since another person had gotten so close to her, yet a feeling of relief swept over her where in the past unease would have taken hold. It seemed unjust to compare Jack to the man of her past, for they were as different as night is to day, and though they both had the outward appearance of a gentleman, it was the latter who's very presence evoked a sense of terror and hate deep inside her heart. Though Aria had yet to see Jack on a terrible day, she doubted he'd ever compare to the beast she had gotten entangled with early on in her life. Hearing Jack's true name echo in her mind, Aria came back to reality and paused briefly before replying to his admission.*

"Your secret is safe with me, Jack. You have my word. Really...what's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet. I happen to like both, but a name alone doesn't make a man who he is."

*Flushing at how silly she must have sounded, Aria bit her lip to keep from spouting anymore nonsense. Both names seemed to fit him, and yet any name would have been accepted had he uttered it in their stead. Sighing, she relaxed yet again in the comfort of his presence, and smiled softly at the deepening of their friendship. *

"Perhaps one day soon I'll have mustered up the courage to confide in you some of my many secrets. God knows, I've a few that may come back to haunt me in the near future, and of all people, I feel they'd be safest with you."  

Miss Emily Roberts

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Admiral Lord Cochrane

Eloquent Elocutionist

8,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:26 pm
-: "Thank you, Aria... your vote of confidence in me and your recitements of shakespeares works are wonderfully reassuring. Remember that I'm right at your side if you need anything of me. Anything at all." Still linguring so close that he could taste her scent, Jack eased back a little so as not to offend her sense of space or virtues.

Temptation. It was there, but nay, he must refrain from it unless provoked. His longing for female companionship had grown considerabley over the years, but he'd placed it in the back of his mind, thinking of it as not but an instinctive annoyance that he could do without. But he had been lying to himself. Admittingly he was a lonely man, but so long as he kept himself occupied, he hadn't time for loneliness. So long as there was work to be done, Jack Kurisutofa was content.

But now, as he found himself on a sort of holiday from the ways of shipboard life, Jack found himself wanting. He felt low and hated himself for it, but he couldn't help it. His masculine tendencies demanded a sacrifice. His having gotten so close to such a delightfully beautiful young woman hadn't helped matters much. Even if he had taken the plunge and attempted to sweep her off her feet in a fit of passion, Jack doubted highly that anything would ever come of it, asdie from a reddened cheek. Aria Starman was a woman of noble proprioty, he wouldn't want to risk their friendship by acting a right scrub. Turning his mind from the thought, he continued, "You have a way with words, Miss Starman. Please, don't hold back what flows from your minds eye." :-  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff