Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply RP Haven
NEW! Sword of Truth Roleplay! SLOWLY BEING UPDATED! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:05 am
((To Fierce Confessor: I don't know how that would go together, but what story doesn't have a romantic twist to it, correct? But i do think that would be something that belongs in the other Plotline thread.))

((To Calintz: So it would seem. Inactive people are the bane of any RP. Real life always take priority over the online world. Sometimes it cripples your ability to get on completely. Lophus for example and Nora have been hit hard by the Real World i believe.))  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:45 pm
Amara frowned slightly as Zedd appraised her eyes for a moment. The fact that Zedd seemed not to have even sensed her with his gift both concerned and worried Amara.

Sighing audibly, Amara's calculating green eyes studied Zedd for a time after he had proclaimed that he needed to go and see Nathan immediately.
Boldly placing a hand upon her right hip, Amara nodded as Zedd rubbed his chin.

" He left at least a good couple of hours ago at the most," Amara spoke in a firm tone, her gaze still fixated upon Zedd. The hand falling from her hip, Amara sighed, allowing her arms to hand comfortably at her sides. She had the feeling there was something she was missing, something that she knew must deal with magic, which was preciesly why Zedd had not gone into full detail about what was troubling him, and why he was clearly in such a hurry.

Amara remained silent, a rather concerned expression etched into the soft lines of face as she followed after Zedd when motioned for. In turn, Amara motioned for Calintz to follow her, she couldn't very well leave him behind in the Keep.

For the time being, Amara found it best not to question Zedd, simply to follow along, Amara, taking long strides just to keep up with Zedd, stole a quick glance back over her shoulder at her brother. She offered him a gentle smile.

{{ *shrugs* I dunno....I'm just thinking about having a love issue between Amara-Darken & Amara-Amon...and cause I am girl who absolutely loves fluff and plot twists in rps.....^w^ I'm been plotting...*giggles* }}  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:25 pm
Calintz just watched and looked between each person. He had nothing to add or say so he just kept quiet, and looked between the two that talked. When Zedd motioned for them to follow and then the Mother Confessor motioned him in turn, Calintz fell in step with her.

It seem no one was all that sure about what was going on, Zedd seemed to know the most and was in a hurry. So what ever was up was important, at least in Zedd's eyes. Which Calintz figured had to do with magic, though he himself used magic too, he didn't understand it. He knew how to use his magic, but that was it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:14 pm
"I will try to explain this the best that i can, but it will not be easy. It doesn't all make sense to me yet either, but several things have come to my attention." Zedd cleared his throat and took a moment to try and organize the many thoughts zooming around in his mind. He took a deep breath. "First, I found a way to view the world in an 'Alternative Perspective' which happens to be through the view of magic. I saw the world as it exists because of the threads of magic sewn into our lives, the life of our world, the magic of spells, and all sorts of magic. Now, at a certain point, all the magic emerges in a funnel form from the 'Source.' Every type magic is seen as a differnt color in this world. Life, anything that is alive but has no magic, yet is not pristinely ungifted is a white dot. A line following the dot shows the length of the life of that person or creature. Bright lines show ones with the gift. Additive magic is red, subtractive is blue." Zedd recalled the alternative perspective he saw of Richard."Now, one line i believe is Richard, for obvious reasons you could only understand by seeing. You can see where a very complicated and powerful spell bounces all over the place until finally reaching Richard's 'life line' and then his line ends. But unlike all the others, his line continues as a dark grey as it plummets into the depths of the 'source.' I believe in a magical, distant way, he is alive and still affectingthe world today. How and in what way? i couldn't imagine."

Zedd took another deep breath as they rounded a corner and started up some steps. "Now, another thing that bothers me is a book i found down there. You've heard that some books require that the reader have the gift to read them or else the pages appear blank, correct?" Zedd waited for Amara's acknowledgement that she understood. "Well this book i believe works the other way. The pages appear blank to me or Lophus, but Hack could read them. To his eyes the pages had words, diagrams, charts, and equations. But here's the interesting part: when he read them aloud, they came out in a foreign language no one could understand. i couldn't understand it, but I recognized it. It is from a very distant place not on this continent. A place beyond the horizon of the seas. Unfortunately, I don't know all the history of D'Hara and its sister lands, but long before these lands were divided into Westland, the Midlands, and D'Hara, it was all known collectively as D'Hara. D'Hara had sister lands that it would trade with, but the distance made doing so extremely timely and hard on the travelers. So, over the years, they lost touch with each other. But that's why i need Nathan, he knows more of the history than i do. I need his knowledge he gained from his thousand years of reading and experience."  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:32 pm
Lophus listened quietly as he tried to imagine how Zedd may have found out about these sister lands that D'Hara had traded with. Alot of what he saw with Zedd was not entirely meant for others to hear about, though he understood the need to pass on certain information. The main thing that kept him so quiet was the fact that his father had someone kept a part of himself within this world and affecting the way magic worked. In a way though it almost felt like his father was always there with him, guiding him throughout the last two years in his own education of magic.

Sometimes it felt as the way that his father had described what the Temple of the Winds had been like. The way he had explained the sudden knowledge of his birthright as well as everything that those from the Great War had known. It hadn't been all that different as he had described the feeling of taking the power of Orden into himself. The power of Orden was life. And it was death. The feeling he had described from it was beyond anything he had ever felt before.

Orden.

Could it be? With everything else that had happened recently, Lophus had not had the opportunity to consider that the chimes had truly infected Orden. Maybe his father had not been entirely able to rid the taint of the chimes, but in the process of using it to restore his mother to everyone's memory, he also used the power of Orden to suppress the taint of the Chimes. He had always told Lophus that he had lost something special the day he returned the power of Orden to its resting area. Could it be that he left a part of himself within Orden to ensure that certain things could occur within prophecy that only he truly understood?

Maybe Lophus was dreaming the things that dreams are made of. That wasn't the way magic worked, but his father had done some amazing things that no one thought possible. This wasn't the right time to consider such things anyway. For now he kept his stride a half step behind Zedd as he explained what he knew. He would have time when they finally got some rest to check the book that his father had entrusted to him. The book that he had told Lophus to never allow anyone else to see. Soon he would be able to search out the book's knowledge.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:20 pm
Amara followed Zedd, walking at a rather brisk pace, taking long strides. She had braced herself for the news to come, somehow knowing in the pit of her stomach that what Zedd would be telling them would not be easy to swallow.

" I found a way to view the world in an 'Alternative Perspective' which happens to be through the view of magic. I saw the world as it exists because of the threads of magic sewn into our lives, the life of our world, the magic of spells, and all sorts of magic. Now, at a certain point, all the magic emerges in a funnel form from the 'Source.' Every type magic is seen as a differnt color in this world. Life, anything that is alive but has no magic, yet is not pristinely ungifted is a white dot. A line following the dot shows the length of the life of that person or creature. Bright lines show ones with the gift. Additive magic is red, subtractive is blue."

" One line I believe is Richard, for obvious reasons you could only understand by seeing. You can see where a very complicated and powerful spell bounces all over the place until finally reaching Richard's 'life line' and then his line ends. But unlike all the others, his line continues as a dark grey as it plummets into the depths of the 'source.' I believe in a magical, distant way, he is alive and still affectingthe world today. How and in what way? I couldn't imagine."

Amara was stunned, and more or less, shocked. Somehow, she couldn't imagine her father still being alive, after all, someone who has died just doesn't come back from the dead, it's not possible. Amara's green orbs glanced over her shoulder, searching for her brother's face. As Zedd took another deep breath, Amara turned her gaze back to him, studying the lines in his face as they rounded a corner and started up a flight of stairs.

" Now, another thing that bothers me is a book I found down there. You've heard that some books require that the reader have the gift to read them or else the pages appear blank, correct?. " Amara nodded in silence in acknowledgement of Zedd's question, her emerald orbs gazing out ahead as they continued on their way.

" Well this book i believe works the other way. The pages appear blank to me or Lophus, but Hack could read them. To his eyes the pages had words, diagrams, charts, and equations. But here's the interesting part: when he read them aloud, they came out in a foreign language no one could understand. i couldn't understand it, but I recognized it. It is from a very distant place not on this continent. A place beyond the horizon of the seas. Unfortunately, I don't know all the history of D'Hara and its sister lands, but long before these lands were divided into Westland, the Midlands, and D'Hara, it was all known collectively as D'Hara. D'Hara had sister lands that it would trade with, but the distance made doing so extremely timely and hard on the travelers. So, over the years, they lost touch with each other. But that's why I need Nathan, he knows more of the history than i do. I need his knowledge he gained from his thousand years of reading and experience."

Once more, Amara was more or less stunned, and a little unnerved. She couldn't imagine how Zedd had found out about these so called " Sister Lands," that D'Hara had seemingly traded with. Amara remained silent. She didn't know what to say, or do in this situation.
Somehow, it was as if all of a sudden, her father was alive again, at least in some way, guiding her through each day, perhaps he had been guiding her brother as well.
Amara glanced over her shoulder once more, seeking out her brother for comfort.

All this news was rather unsettling. What if what Zedd said was true?. What would it then mean for them, for their world, for magic?.

{{ Well...rather soon we are going to need a Nathan....if anyone wants to play him, please let me know, send me a pm with an rp sample. }}  

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Calintz the Doppelganger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:57 pm
Calintz listened quietly as the other talked the matter over, while making there way through the Keep. He didn't think he could be of much help in the matter, anyway. The only help he felt he could give was his ability as a Doppelganger. He had already made his vow to himself that he would protect both of the Caharin's children.

Calintz took a moment to study both Amara and her brother Lophus. He could see both already had the means in which to protect themsleves, more so with Lophus, he thought. Both had the Confessor power, though he still didn't understand it, knew that it could destroy someone with nothing more then a touch. Lophus also had his father's magic, and.... he looked and noticed something strange. He had though Lophus also carried his father's sword, but he didn't. He frowned alittle, he had heard the sword was magic and had powers of its own. He took a moment to think back to the story he had heard of Caharin, he remembered Caharin had many names, many titles. He also remembered the name of the sword, the Sword of Truth. The only title that matched that was the...He stopped and thought a moment. The Seeker... The Seeker of Truth, he thought suddenly.

Calintz looked up and noticed he had stopped and quicken to catch up to the others. Was there no Seeker now? He figured that would explain as to why Lophus didn't carry the sword. He thought about it for a few more moments before letting the thought die, and drawing his attention back to the others.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:55 am
Zedd glanced back as the boy, Calintz he believed was his name, stopped suddenly, lost in his own thoughts. "No time to stop, my lad. Kepp up and keep quick. Anything you miht want to add or suggest is welcome right now, considering the unusual turn of events. I, myself, don't really understand it all, so fell free to speak up if you must."

Zedd was actually somewhat surprised by everyone's reaction to what he had told them. Rather than raise questions or start up a dispute, everyone seemed to have drawn into themselves and become lost in their own thoughts. The trip was unusually quiet.

As they emerged back into familiar territory in the Keep, Zedd spotted the messenger that had arrived earlier with Nathan's mesage. "Listen, I need you to leave immediately to the People's Palace. I need you to tell Nathan that I am on my way and there's not a moment to lose. Myself, Lophus, Hack . . .". Zedd turned to Amara and Calintz. "Amara, are you coming, my dear? Like i said, you and Calintz here are welcome to come, but we will not slow."  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:33 am
Amara nodded in silence in response to Zedd's question. She would not be left behind, not this time, especially considering the circumstances. Inhaling deeply in an effort to calm her racing heart, Amara forced herself to smile gently as she glanced over her shoulder at Calintz when at last they had stopped in familiar territory within the Keep. Turning to him, she gave him a firm nod.
" If you do not wish to come, that is understandable, but if you wish to join us, you are more than welcome to."

Amara turned back to face Zedd as he addressed the messenger that had arrived from Nathan. Even though the circumstances were what they were, Amara was eager to see Nathan. She had always been close to Nathan even as a little girl. It had been some time since she had had the chance to see him.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:37 pm
Calintz nodded to both of them. “Thank you, but I don’t have anything to add…But I do have something to give you First Wizard.” He said as he withdrew the book he had brought to give to Zedd, handing it over. “Only the gifted may read it, it’s the book that I used to learn the Doppelganger. It was within the towers with the strange sands, amount other books.” He paused, then went on. “Out of all the books in the towers this was the only one I could understand. I could see words in the other books, but they made no sense to me.”

After Calintz had handed the book to Zedd, he nodded. “I’d like to come too, I’m meant to protect Caharin’s family.” He said with a friendly smile.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:30 am
Zedd eyed the book suspiciously. The Doppelganger was an extremely powerful enhancement spell dating back to the great war. Such a spell used by a wizard gave that person huge advantages. Being able to work together or independently, they could could cause chaos and havoc as they annhialated their enemies. Zedd took the book and examined its cover. He could feel the magic laced throughout every page. It was indeed only meant for the gifted. So what did that make Calintz?

"I don't have the time now to look this over, but be assured i will look into this aswell as other things. For now, we must ride." Zed turned back to the soldier. "Tell Nathan we are coming and we need to see him. Tell him that we are not out of this yet, Richard may still play a vital role in years to come. Now go, quickly."/

Without waiting to for the messenger, Zedd turned and headed straight to the kitchens. They were going to need supplies for this trip . . . and perhaps an extra bite on the side for himself wouldn't hurt anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:20 pm
Calintz nodded, he knew Zedd wouldn’t be able to read it right way. He then remembered he had to go and collect his gear. “I’m going to take my leave, I need to go collect my gear. I won’t take long, just need to get my bag and weapons.” He turned and started toward the Confessor Palace.

Suddenly, something flew around Calintz and landed on his shoulder, it was Shadow. Calintz reached up and stroked Shadow’s feathers, as he continued along. He had to hurry, Zedd seemed in a hurry to pack and leave.

Calintz opened the door and walked into his room. He glared over at the table he had left his stuff, and walked over to the table. He grabbed his small dagger first, sheathing it in his boot. Second, he chose the hunting knife, sheathing it to his belt. Then, he grabbed both his swords, sheathing them in the sheaths on his back. Finally, he grabbed his bag and threw it over his shoulder.

Calintz turned and walked to the door, reaching up to stroke Shadow’s head. He started toward where the others were.  

Calintz the Doppelganger

Amon the Warmage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 pm
Amon stood still against the wall, ever vigilant, as some strange man walked from the Keep to the second horse. He wondered who this man could be. He had never seen his kind before, not in all of his life. That was something he would just have to figure out later. Right now his mission was to report to the Mother Confessor, and that was what he intended to do. His logic told him that if that man had accompanied the Mother Confessor, the she would have to be coming out soon. He didn't think she would be too much longer, so he unsheathed his shamshirs and began practicing the many techniques he was taught during his captivity and torture training. Those many years had at least given him the ability to ward of pretty much any enemy with deadly precision. He decided he would continue this routine until the Mother Confessor came out of the Keep.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:06 pm
Amara had nearly forgotten about the book when Calintz brought it out and handed it to Zedd. Amara was sure that they would have a chance to look at it later, right now, they had more pressing matters to attend to, one of those things was preparing to leave for D'Hara. Perhaps Nathan would like to have a look at it as well. Amara turned to Calintz and nodded firmly, allowing him leave to go and gather his gear.
" Meet us at the gates out of the city when you have collected your things, inform the guards that we will be leaving the city."
With that, Amara turned to follow after Zedd to the kitchens to gather food for their journey.
For a time, she watched Calintz leave, gazing toward the entrance and exit of the Keep. She had the distinct feeling that Amon was waiting outside for her.

WEEB_QUEEN

Kawaii Shoujo

13,950 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
RP Haven

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items