Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
D.I.N.E.R. Labs. -The Kitchens- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:53 am
"Indeed!" the somewhat vampire exclaimed as he followed the other scientist from the elevator. Glancing around the room they had entered, Phomello drew a small vial of deep red liquid from his coat pocket and gulped it down quickly. He smiled apologetically at the Doctor Gourmand. "Filthy habit, I know, but it is so very time consuming and distracting to quit. Withdrawal does make experimenting so difficult to concentrate on, especially when there's such a large supply all around. You know?"
His glancing seemed to be more piercing now, a sharper focus laid over his eyes as he examined the entrance to the DINER labs. "Now, who were you supposed to be meeting here to make arrangements with again?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 pm
"Well I was invited to come here by a man who called himself Jett. He promised to supply me with funding and equipment for my research if I could assist in his organizations own work."
Lewis's attention was focused on Phomello more closely. A look of curiosity on his face. "A vampire...Is the condition a genetic alteration or is it of magical origins? Is blood a necessary source of nutrition for this state or is there a specific element within the blood that makes it a suitable form for consumption? Are you actually able to turn other people into vampires with your bite? If so, is it because of a venomous secretion? May I borrow a sample of your DNA for my own research?"

Doctor Gourmand coughed, breaking out of his string of questions. "My apologies, sometimes my scientific curiosity gets the best of me."  

Blight_of_Luca

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:45 pm
"Jett, huh?" Phoemllo mused softly, mulling it over for a second before stashing the thought in his head for further exploration later. AT the doctor's interest in his condition, Phomello grinned slightly. He not only knew the answers but had been likewise fascinated by the questions when he had first been beset by it.
"The condition appears to be a mixture of genetic and magical. A great deal of physical mutations are obviously purely genetic, such as the fangs and the plasma dependency, but other portions are magical, making the condition presently irreversible, but also bestowing something much like immortality. The blood is neither a source of nutrition or truly suitable for consumption. To liken it to its closest counterpart, I would say that blood for a vampire such as myself is a genetically hardwired addiction. I still require nutritional input from food, but withdrawal symptoms from the addiction are more than enough to make a weak willed vampire go feral, especially with such a hearty supply all around. From what I can tell, my bite would metamorphosize others due to my saliva, rather than any sort of venom. It appears that the magical nature of the genetic alterations makes my genes especially hardy, to the point of parasitism. It is for such a reason that I would ask you to be especially careful with any DNA samples, as they are not the static, placid strains of most creatures."
The blue skinned vampire took a few steps further into the base, seeking out anybody residing there as the mechanical device protruding from his chest continued to pump the blood through his system.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:31 am
"Yes...I believe I shall wait until a later time. When I have a suitable place to store such materials." Lewis said slowly, taking a moment to process this fascinating well of information. Opening a buttoned pocket on the inside of his coat, Lewis Gourmand retrieved a stick of jerky which he began to chew on as he considered the information presented. "Is the blood addiction integral to the many benefits the condition grants you? If not then I assume you have already made attempts to improve the vampirism."  

Blight_of_Luca

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:08 am
"Ano..."
The small Kenton-shaped clockwork plushie was a little lost. He was supposed to be delivering a letter for the Nice But Scary Lady who gave them sweet drinks, but finding the target was difficult... He tripped over a wire and pulled it loose from the console over head.
"ANO!"
He broke it! A lifetime worth of self-preservation instincts (and a mental image of what the Scary Lady would do if she found out he'd broken her new toy) sent the little clockwork plush hurtling down the hall, letter flapping in his arms.
"Anoanoanoanoano..."
Fortunately for Phomello and Lewis, the small messenger was heading on a collision course straight for them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am
"The blood addiction is hardwired directly into what passes as major life systems for a vampire. To deactivate it would cause one to cease functioning or 'dust' as the common lingo for it goes, as when a vampire ceases function, the same virulent strains that make one so contagious turn against the body, breaking it down to dust and ashes in a matter of mere moments. I have been working on improvements that are more surgical in an accessory manner wit-"
The tiny Kenton Plushie slammed into Phomello with all the force it had behind it. Fortunately for Phomello, it was a plushie, and as such, had almost no force behind it. It bounced harmlessly off his shin, without moving Phomello an inch.  

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:05 am
"ANO!" The plushie scrambled to its feet and looked up. And up. And up.
It was a very small plush beside a very tall (by the Clockwork Kenton Plush's standards; Phomello was really about average size) man. Or sort-of man. Mostly-man? It put aside philosophy as something it wasn't geared for and held up the letter, waving at the person (Person! that's what he was!) almost frantically.
The Clockwork Kenton wanted to go home and enjoy a cola with the other Clockwork Kentons...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:24 pm
Lewis gourmand looked down at the plushie speculatively and turned back to Phomello. "Have you considered a symbiotic attachment that produces large quantities of blood for your system?"  

Blight_of_Luca

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:57 pm
"Considered and tested. It seems that the biological aspect of the vampirism turns virulent when the blood is too closely linked to the vampiric organism. I was violently ill and expunged the symbiotic blood from my system. I theorize that it is a biological mechanism that originally prevented cannibalism among vampiric tribes. The blood must be from an organism that uses said blood as lifeflow. I make do with blood purchased at butchers' shops."
He reached down and took the letter from the frantic clockwork being.
"What's this now?" he murmured, opening the letter carefully to examine its contents.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:05 pm
The plushie released it's burden, waved, and looked around, wondering how on earth it was going to get out of the creepy place and back to the others for a by-now well deserved soda.
The letter was written on stiff paper, each word carefully and elegantly scribed
"Dear Sirs," it began, "Due to complications, your meeting with the Head of D.I.N.E.R. has been canceled. We apologize most sincerely for any inconveniences this may cause you, but assure you, it was unavoidable. If you wish to reschedule, the new head of the D.I.N.E.R. Organization can be reached via the contact information provided below." The letter was signed, in a bold, rapid swirl, by one 'Die Drache.' At the bottom of the page was a phone number, along with an address.  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 pm
Reading the letter through quickly, Phomello handed the stiff sheet of paper to the other doctor as soon as he had finished. He stepped elegantly over to the nearest desk, searching it until he found a telephone. He drew it out, punching in the number from the letter, waiting as it rang.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:11 pm
...Ring...
...Ring...
...Ring...

After the third ring, the sound of someone picking up at the other end of the line cut off any further bell-like tones. A woman's voice, youthful and politely business-like spoke.
"Hello, Alkemist Dance Club, Die Drache speaking."  

silentdraconis
Vice Captain

Blight_of_Luca

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:17 am
Lewis gourmand read the letter twice to be sure he understood it correctly, chewing on a stick of jerky as he did so. "I would assume this D.I.N.E.R group is what mr. Jett was representing..." He stood back, letting Phomello handle the phone conversation. He instead took the time to consider the question of vampirism and how to override that blood hunger that impeded the creation of a perfect being.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 pm
Byako Random Event!
Tap dancing phone tappers have taken control of the phone lines! All calls are disconnected!

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Faulty Ambition

Beloved Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:21 pm
It was handy that Jett had developed better telephones.
Phomello remained on the line.

"Hello Miss Drache. I am Phomello. I was offered a position by the former head of your organization."  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff