Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
Mountain-side Town Tesarel ko-kou ~The RP~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:43 pm
(Ohh... Rotten luck that.)
Sithious discovered who his team was. They weren't a bad bunch, but he was still unsure of them. "Alright you guys, shall we begin?" He said with a smile. (Please, nobody tell me we already started or I will be very upset at myself.)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:55 pm
<>

Sousha eyeballed her armadillo as she climbed onto its back, not sure what to expect after watching some of the others try and control these ungainly beasts. Thankfully he was behaving for her during this first part of the game.
She waited for the ball to be dropped again after the other team's goal. The ball hit the ground with a bounce as everyone rushed for it, Sousha extended her deck brush in front of her to block one of the other teams players from taking the ball, and swept it up herself. After losing and gaining the ball a few time she finally managed to get it down the field and hit it in between the other team’s goal posts.  

Gracesan

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm
((well, it's fine if not everyone is RPing all together at the same time, but I think it'd be fun if y'all did so a little bit, and you don't have to RP every goal you make, just so long as you don't go saying you got more goals than however many you rolled, it should be fine))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:01 pm
(So, the amount we rolled is the amount of goals we get? Also, is it my turn on the field yet? I have no idea when I was supposed to go on! The rules of the polo kinda confused me xd .)  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:38 pm
((sorry... um, all you really have to remember is that the amount you rolled is how many goals you'll get to count for your team's score, and that you shouldn't try to cheat or injure anyone. Other than that, just have fun RPing about sitting on a giant armadillo on wheels, and trying to use a deck brush to hit a tennis ball through the goal posts))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:53 pm
Official Announcement:

A verbatim copy of a PM sent out to all Mane Event contestants on Friday, April 16 of 2010, has been posted in the official Contest Announcements Thread.

It is being posted there so that even if for some reason someone did not get the PM, it will still be accessible to them there.

And I am posting a note here to direct everyone to it just in case they're checking this thread and not the other one.

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:12 pm
(( Since the only two people to have rolled for the first team scored a collective 17 points, and all four people on the second team rolled but only scored 13 points all together, it is a clear victory for the first team, even without me rolling for the two people who haven't so far. Due to the new announcements still not having been read by everyone yet, I will allow the two people to roll for themselves sometime this week if they still want to do so for the polo game. Regardless, they will still get the one bonus point each for being on the winning team.
Other than me allowing those two people a little extra time to roll for this one Task, all the new announcements I sent out are in force. I will not be rolling for anyone anymore, except for as specified in the rules, and when Tasks are over, they are over. Same with Questions.
If this is a problem or there are any questions about it, I expect y'all to talk to me about it, whether by PM or by posting in the contest announcements thread. ))

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 pm
After the lively match of armadillo-polo had gone on for a fair portion of the afternoon, the referee called time-up and the umpires were called over to confer with him and also a lot of official observers who had been placed around the field to keep an eye on things.

It was announced that even though a number of goals were still under discussion as to whether or not they were legally admissible, the number of already-clearly-determined goal points was sufficient to declare team one to have won the match. The overall outcome wasn't doubted, only the exact count of numbers.

So, while the referee, umpires, and observers were all still conferring and debating, Lord Chancellor Farthersomewich's valet and the troop of servants helped the contestants down from their wheeled armadillos and over to the tables and chairs where Farthersomewich and Her Ladyship the Queen had just begun eating a nice luncheon cooked on-site, which included fresh-caught fish with vegetable spread on crackers. There were a number of other tasty things to snack on as well.

The two of them had been conversing over Lord Farthersomewich's collection of maps, including the most extensive collection of maps of Byako known to exist in the possession of a single person (rather than a government entity, institution of learning, or non-personal library) most of which were completely outdated even though they weren't even all that old, and also many of them were Dling originals which he hoped to get the bear to sign for him.

They also (as the contestants were joining them for luncheon) started discussing Her Ladyship's own collection, which was that of model shipwrecks. She had always been interested in seafaring catastrophes, and instead of collecting models of ships as they were originally built when they left port for the first time, she collected little replicas of how they looked in their final resting places, laying on the ocean floor or run aground on reefs. It was also possible (though Farthersomewich could not get her to either confirm or deny this officially) that she may at one time have hired some pirates to go out and cause more shipwrecks, just so there would be more that she could commission models to be made of.

Farthersomewich then turned the conversation to ask the contestants what sorts of things they were fans of collecting, because surely every person of any sort of nobility at all, simply had to have the time and money to seek out unique things to collect, right?

((Okay, this is the Question for the next round:
What does your character collect?
Hopefully something unique... and of which there are many kinds to collect such that you wouldn't too easily have collected all of them, and at least some of it might be rare enough to be expensive/priceless, and it's great if it's something that is not terribly useful, or used to be useful but isn't very useful anymore.

Remember, this is a Question you have to answer in the RP. Have your character talk about it, or say that they explain or demonstrate what it is they collect. No dice rolling for this, this will be judged at the end of the week. You have through April 24 to finish answering.))

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Gracesan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:06 am
<>

Allowing herself to be helped down from her armadillo, Sousha smiled and made her way over to the luncheon that had been set up. As she sat down with the plate of assorted sandwiches and cheese that she had grab, she heard the Chancellor's question and smiled again.
She waited a moment to see if any of the noble wanted to speak first and when now did she turned to the Chancellor and her Ladyship.
"I have collection that is slightly unique that you may be interested in." She paused for effect before continuing, "I have been collecting an odd form of sword...There was a blacksmith and his apprentice that made swords that had clocks placed at the cross-hilt of all their swords. A very useless and distraction feature for fighting, but still interesting to collect. There is a story that they made over 200 different forms of these clock swords, but I myself have only managed to find a 1/3 of these."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:10 pm
((I'm beginning to wonder if the whole contest should just be called off.))

((Almost everyone replied to my announcements PM on time, though, so we'll keep going. There will be plenty of chances for all of them to catch up.))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:33 pm
((Ah... I've had some things come up with extra work opportunities that I can't afford to turn down...
but I don't want the contest to go on hiatus again because of me, so I am arranging for someone else to be my deputy and help to post updates for the contest on my behalf.
I will still be in charge of the contest and the judges will still be the same three people (me being one of them). Stay tuned for updates!))

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 pm
((I'msorry...I've just been caught up in other things that I've barely been able to even get on gaia, let alone put up some RP posts. *sweatdrop* Sorry Ima try to do bettr now))

She seemed to have gotten lost for awhile, missing out on a few things. But all was not completely lost. She found a few new plants and spoke with a few people she found nearby and was on her way to adding more seeds to her collection. She was afterall a gardener more than a noble (which her mother would probably be affronted by, although it was true) adn so she had a vast hodgepodge of seeds and plants and seedlings.

As she slipped into the area with the luncheon she observed all else that was going on and wondered if anyone else would be interested in the seeds she had found.  

Naris_malem

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Fuzzy Mitten Mistress

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:06 pm
Rooj laughed as the topic of collections popped up. "Well I collect alot of things. From Collars to costumes. But my favorite thing to collect is slaves of rare unusual species."

Rooj ordered the fish boy to pour her some tea as she continued to brag. "If anyone has a water elemental I would be willing to pay a good price for it."  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:17 pm
(( Sorry everyone about the delay... sweatdrop But officially, I can say the person who will be helping me out is Frostborne_Prettygirl, who will help keep an eye on the contest and post updates. As I said earlier, the judges will remain the same. ))  

delbosque
Vice Captain

Otherworldly Allegiant

14,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Frostborne_PrettyGirl
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:44 pm
I can officially say the Round 3 Question is now over. Any entries at this point will not be included in the judging. Only one person answered the question on time, with two others answering the question. We will have the updated scores posted for you all shortly.

~Frostborne_prettygirl

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces