Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:58 pm
Spoilers have never bothered me. I think most stories I can already tell how they will end within the first 10 minutes. Being in film, its kinda obvious after a while. Doesn't ruin the fun of enjoying the story though!

SPOILER: Titanic Sank!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:00 pm
Oh, I won't have to shout at THEM. There is no THEM. There's an employee at EB games, who I thought was a real RE fan because he had a tattoo of Umbrella, but when I told him RE4 sucked, he literally challenged me to a fight. If he just happens to be the kind of guy who doesn't like spoilers, then ruining it for him alone will be better than spoiling it for 10 other people who care only a little.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:08 pm
That would be good enough, especially for someone immature enough to start a fist fight over a videogame.

@Burning: SPOILER: Jesus dies!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 pm
AngelaAshford
That would be good enough, especially for someone immature enough to start a fist fight over a videogame.

@Burning: SPOILER: Jesus dies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN5avIvylDw

Haha. I was actually at Gamestop a few days ago. Some customer was giving the worker s**t, bagging on him, his life, and his job.

Sooo...The worker threw down his nametag and followed the guy out of the store with the intent of killing him. When they saw him following him, they picked up the pace.

His coworker tried to stop him, hopping over the counter, but it was useless. Luckily security got in between them in time before he caught up to the guys.
The worker ended up coming back several times, venting, before he went home early. The security guy thought it was cool. haha  

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Tyr525

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm
As for the whole Resident Evil 5 vs. RE Movies thing, I agree with Thee Stranger. I still am a fan of the series, and utterly despise all the movies, but to give the first one credit, it was the least sucky and somewhat enjoyable. At least it dealt with SOME idea of what the canon story was about in the games. The further down the series you get, the further away from the principle you get.

Also this whole bickering thing is kind of funny in the sense that saying that you don't like how Resident Evil has turned out over the years is similar to saying that you don't like your childhood friend anymore because his voice deepened and he went through puberty. Sure Resident Evil 5 is completely different in contrast to the very first game, but that's what games do. They evolve, they change, the update with the times. You should be happy it's come as far as it as in any resemblance as far as the original game was concerned.

So here is my opinion. Resident Evil 5 (and to take a step back for a moment, RE4) were/are going to be: Great. Fucking. Games. I assure you if we were still trying to do the same old thing as the camera angles, stop and turn survivalist nature the original games did, the series would've been 86'd long before anyone ever thought of making 5, or 4 for that matter.

So, in conclusion/finishing statement/ending the rant: Capcom has evolved, just like the virus in the games have. (Progenitor > T-Virus/T-Veronica - G-Virus - Las Plagas - African Who'sitwhat'sits.) Like a virus can change, evolve and infect new hosts, so can a game franchise, while still being as lethal to those who had it originally, but now have an update sleeker version built to totally assr@pe your immune system. I fully back Capcom in taking the series this far, constantly adding new mechanics to the games through all this time so we come all the way here.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm
Spoiler: The Nazis lose.

But seriously, I do hope that guy's working tomorrow. Because I bet anything, the day after, he'll already have it beaten, the fanboy.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 pm
Stop revealing all these spoilers about life I didn't know dammit!

And also, the Snape killed Dumbledore thing wasn't funny for me. Harry Potter was God send for me...If it didn't exist, I would have never gotten into reading...And when a person shouted that in the Border's parking lot, I literally yelled ********! out loud in front of my little nieces...Which WAS pretty funny ha ha. But I let no one ruin Death Hallows for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 pm
Yeah, but... For those who don't read Potter.... It's hilarious!

I also like those T-Shirts, where it says that he dies and states, "I just saved you pages of reading."

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna give it away to some people. Perhaps even those who ask if we have RE5 at my store. Muahaha!  

Biohazard EXTREME

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:42 pm
Off to Gamestop guys! Wish me luck! I'm trained in zombie defense, but if I don't respond, then I'm probably dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 pm
I'd imagine it would be...

And that shirt sounds awesome, but not really meaningful anymore, since it's basic knowledge now...

Customer: Do you have a copy of RE5?
Bio: Jill is a zombie and Wesker is a cyborg (Not real spoilers)
Customer: Mother ********: Just shout any random non-true spoilers lol  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:44 pm
@Bio: That might be bad, you may lose customers, which may cause you to lose your job. >.<

@Deadite: Did you happen to be at the same bookstore in the video? rofl

And by the way...ROSEBUD WAS A SLED mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:45 pm
Good luck. Hopefully for your own sake, they're sold out before you get your copy.

EDIT: Bah! I don't want no RE5 fanboys for customers!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 pm
No.

And ********. Thanks. A ******** lot. Now I don't want to watch citizen kane anymore. Great. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:50 pm
I just saved you 2 hours of watching a boring, overated movie. You should be thankful. rofl  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:51 pm
AngelaAshford
I just saved you 2 hours of watching a boring, overated movie. You should be thankful. rofl

I so want that shirt!  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games