Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm
Well, turns out my 360 isn't broken so I was just starting it. It's more fluid than RE4's, but I've only played some single player. Sheva isn't the brightest, but she's not stupid either. You can set her to cover, where she mainly uses her handgun and backs you up, and attack where she uses her bigger guns.

I like it so far. No stupid dialogue yet (but I know it's coming. It always does.) If you get it tomorrow and have a 360, I'd love to go through online with you. xd Sheva can be trying sometimes. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:30 pm
Play with another person, it's so much better. 3nodding

@Elliot: The gameplay is alright. If you enjoyed 4, you'll probably like it. Remember, when in doubt, rent. wink  

MadamTarantula

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:32 pm
Hm....Teammate AI is never too bright.

That's your typical action game though, always bad dialogue.
I'd love to play with ya (not that way Notte, you dirty girl), but I've destroyed my headset because all of the whiny little kids.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 pm
I'm taking my time with the game. I love it! I'm just starting 2-2.

I like Sheva. I think she is good AI. smile Though I had to go through the chainsaw guy (same from the demo) twice thanks to her, which wasn't bad because if gave me a chance to buy her a machine gun. smile  

BurningTheory

2,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 am
If you have a PS3 be sure to check out the new Resident Evil 5 "studio lot" on Home. You'll be able to access a special secret area reserved only for those who have the game (look for a door on a building in the back left area of town). According to the guide sign in the area, some neat things will be coming soon, like a treasure hunt game and a souvenir shop. 3nodding

I noticed the weapons guy from the very beginning of the game is in town, so we might be able to meet the rest of the "cast" in a future update. wink

And another thing... Be sure to take a good look at the welcome sign to your right when you first arrive for a little treat. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 am
Canas & Elliot - This game was obviously meant to be played co-op. There really is no other way to do it... if you solo, you risk the idiocy of the AI and that's entirely too frustrating for my sake. It was really fun watching my bf and his friend play online (I'm getting my hands dirty with Mercenaries, it's kind of my thing...). It also works well because they each have their own specialty - One is long range, one is short range. So they save a ton of time, and ammunition, getting the job done.

Elliot - razz I can't help it if my mind is always in the gutter. heart

Angela - I just wish I had my own method of playing so I could do it online... I have to resort to using the boy's though.. haha.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 am
NotteRequiem
In Umbrella We Trust
well it looked blonde at first. we're not done watching the cutscenes. :/

Well, be careful when you watch them on youtube, the quality can be messed up depending on the recording equipment used. Her hair is brown when she's in a BSAA uniform. heart

It is blonde. The reason that it has turned blonde is actually explained if you read one of the files on her in that room with all the test subjects, as is her lighter skin pigmentation. The reason her hair is brown in her BSAAA uniform is because that was before she was put in the test tube. I haven't finished the game, so I'm not quite sure exactly what the deal is with her yet, but I only have three more chapters to go. So far, there hasn't been any bad dialogue, and the storyline has pretty straightforward and decent.

I'm playing with myself. sad And I'm probably the only one here who got the PS3 version as opposed to XBOX (seemed more appropriate with the rest of my RE collection), and I don't have a wife, so I'm going solo. That said, the A.I. hasn't really caused me too much problems. Shiva has been pretty adequate for the most part, and she doesn't really steal my thunder. Anyway, I'm Thee Stranger on the PSNetwork if anyone wants to play. I'd like to try the online co-op at some point.

And the whole game has been worth it for me just for one particular area that tugged on my nostalgic heart strings.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:49 pm
I. Love. This game.

I'm so glad they put some of the original roots back into the story regarding Umbrella and the Progenitor Virus. That made it for me entirely on it's own. It's also neat to think about Nemmy and Lisa Trevor and how they resembled the current "buffed up" version of the virus. Also, beat it all ready, have unlimited magnum 300 series. (I mainly just use it for speed runs, takes away the fun if you use it forever.) Now for the Hydra and the S&W 500 Magnum. Mercenaries is cool, I haven't put much time into it lately because I've been grinding for loot in earlier levels for ammo and treasure. ninja

EDIT: Also just read on Evil Unleashed the multiplayer for RE5 will be released in about a week or two for roughly $5.00 on both PS3 and Xbox 360. (That's about 400 Microsoft Points for you conversion worriers.)  

Tyr525

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:55 pm
Well, I beat it. The 'traditional' Zombies were very lackluster... crying but the Lickers were awesome to see again. I wish they would have thrown some Hunters in there. If there was still demand on the market for Lickers, then surely there'd be a market for Hunters!

And the storyline was much, much better than RE4's. And I unlocked Chris's S.T.A.R.S. outfit. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:25 pm
Stranger, I know her hair is blonde :p . I beat it on Saturday, silly goose. We were debating on her hair being brown in her BSAA uniform. Which it is wink

EDIT: Could have been a communication issue as well heart  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:18 pm
TT.TT No fair. I can't play it. Well now that I've told my cousin that RE5 is out and also I don't have enough money he's going to buy it. heart . Any tips aor clues on how to unlock thigns? I don't like buying guides that much. I went through RE2 without one.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:54 pm
Upgrade the crap out of your weapons. I'm not sure if it's for all of them but....well, I maxed out my magnum last night and found out I'll have a nifty reward related to doing so after I beat the game....  

kenshiro28

Tyr525

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:49 pm
The standard infected "horde" was rather stale. Not a whole lot different from the ones in RE4, which the scare value has surely worn off on just about everyone by now. There were a couple parts that made me go, "ew" but not very bad. (The first scene with the three guys in the house was pretty blech but in an awesome way. Mostly because of the heaving and drooling. O_O)

I thought it was cool to see the Ancient Civilization. Felt very Indiana Jones-ish, but still creepy. Especially the traps and stuff. Nice to have the puzzles with substance. Also the story made me warm and fuzzy inside because it came full circle to what RE was all based on.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:32 am
Finally beat it! *victory*

heart Jill lives! heart

I liked the later-half of the game more, since there was a lot more story, but I was a little disappointed in the final battle. I was expecting an epic fist fight between Wesker and Chris. Overall, it was pretty good, even though the battles could get very grueling.

@Alkazier: For some stuff... Beat all chapters with an A ranking to get the Jill figure, and S for Wesker. To get Sheva's tribal costume, you have to shoot all 30 emblems, Check out this Resident Evil 5 guide on Super Cheats if you need help with anything (it even includes screencaps of every emblem location in the game!):

- Click -

@Stranger: I never noticed any zombies. sweatdrop The only part of the game that seemed like a flashback was the lab area where the Lickers appear. The area was brief, but it put a giddy nostalgic smile on my face. heart I wish they had included Hunters as well. Weren't they Wesker's favorite B.O.W. (besides the T-002 Tyrant)? And I wholeheartedly agree on 5's story being better than 4's. They story gripped me way, way more than 4 ever did (the plane scene had me and my husband at the edge of our seats!).  

MadamTarantula

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games