Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:10 am
*hugs Angela* Thanks for the walkthrough page. I'll look through it as a pass time so that when my cousin does buy it I'll zoom through RE5 like Freakazoid on crack.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:25 am
No problem! You can thank my husband for the guide actually. He's the one who showed me it. 3nodding I really like it more than Gamefaqs's guides for 5. Compared to them, it's organized and easy to navigate!  

MadamTarantula

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:32 am
I definitely agree that the game was better once I actually played through it. It was enjoyable and the storyline was waaaaay better than RE4. Still a tiny bit too heavy on the action, but there's really nothing to be done about that.

Has anyone had their try at Mercenaries yet? What's your opinion?

Tyr - Yeah, my bf and I were singing the Indiana Jones theme all through that sub-chapter. You know, until the rays of sunshine started frying eggs on our faces.

And for the record, the hoard of Lickers was -awesome-.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:16 am
AngelaAshford
No problem! You can thank my husband for the guide actually. He's the one who showed me it. 3nodding I really like it more than Gamefaqs's guides for 5. Compared to them, it's organized and easy to navigate!
The thing I don't like isthe review on it...I'm tlkign bout the story part. He mentions on how Wesker takes the ganados from th RE4, but he says and I quote,"The Ganados were pretty much taken care of, but Albert Wesker (the series' main antagonist - with his characteristic black coat, permanent black sunshades, a botox face and a classical horrible villainous accent) got a hold of the virus." WHAT THE HELL?! It's not a f#$&#xin;g virus, it's a parasite, there's different. I'm not a science major, but I atleast know the difference!  

Alkaizer87

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:16 am
Gull darn it...Reading all these personal opinions and spoilers, including Angela's delicious one ha ha, has made me crazy with envy. I have, let's see, 125 doll hairs saved up so far, so I figure I have roughly 335 buckaroonies to go...Unless it costs to get an online shiot. Not having a job sucks...That's it dammit...I'm going out today.

Before I go, if I get it for the PS3, would anybody want to play it online with meh?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 am
i played through the game on the PS3 with my brother. and not to give any spoilers away but the last boss is SO...FRIKKIN...HARD!! at least until you really know what to do! we died so many times trying to figure it out on our own.

but overall, i really enjoyed myself with this game, especially since it's the first RE my older brother and i can play together (sibling bonding, awwww heart ) took a while to get to the story, but was rather well worth it in the end.

only qualm i really have as a game art student is the quality of the voices in the cutscenes. not too much loss there, just that the voices sounded a teeny bit muffled during the cutscenes on the PS3. during gameplay they were crystal clear though. perhaps Capcom had formatted the game for the 360 first and the audio didn't convert so well. (if anybody can clarify that i'd appreciate it 3nodding )

i love how you had the option to try and sneak past the lickers (though some of them automatically knew of your presence). it really created that classic tension. and the reports that gave you some backstory...now if i could only figure out how the lickers reproduce eek perhaps i do not want to know....  

FemBot684

4,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:42 am
@Notte: I knew you knew. It was more of a response to In Umbrella We Trust. ^_^ And I am currently playing Mercenaries Mode, and have unlocked everything. Mercenaries was probably my favorite thing about RE4 and that hasn't changed here with RE5. But WTF?!? No Jill S.T.A.R.S. outfit?!?! evil That's bullshit. crying They gave both Chris and Wesker their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms! mad I think it's awesome that you can do the Merc mode in co-op this time. Now, it would be totally kick-a** if you could play with three players = Chris, Jill, and Wesker all in their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms. You might be able to tell, I'm a S.T.A.R.S. fanboy. I also wish they had added more characters, as opposed to just alternate outfits. I would have loved to have seen HUNK return (he was my dude in RE4 Mercenaries), or some other characters from the series past, like Barry Burton. Actually, they should have put Barry in the story mode of this game too. Why wouldn't he have joined the B.S.A.A.?

@Angela: There are zombies (sort of) that are laying on the conveyor belt in that one section. They just lay there unless you get near them, in which case they spring up and grab you, and try to bite you. They are the test subjects from all those tubes. And the lab/licker area was the part that was nostalgic for me as well. It totally felt like Resident Evil again in that area, especially with the files. And I'm not sure if the Hunters were Wesker's favorite B.O.W., but he sure did like them in Code Veronica. Hunters always scared me more than the Lickers. The second you walk into a room and hear the loud, *THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP* of their footsteps in RE1, I'm like, "Oh s**t - turn around, go back to the item box, grab my explosive rounds..." And what did everybody think of the whole "Wesker's Children" thing? I'm glad that he wasn't actually a clone, as Bio lead me to believe earlier. And while I do think it's pretty silly (but no more silly than him returning alive in the first place), it actually kind of works. It actually kind of makes sense of the whole experimental virus injection thing that Birkin gave him, if you read the file on it. It also jives well with the Wesker Reports on Spencer.

@Deadite: I got the PS3 version too dude, so I'll definitely play with you once you get it. I'm Thee Stranger on Playstation Network.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:10 pm
Well, I just fought (SPOILERS)Wesker and Jill, so I'm having a blast with the game as well.

Moving while shooting would help though. I'm just saying.

Man, Sheva's AI is pretty crappy though. She tends to shoot the Majini until he dies. So I just give her a Machine Gun. Good thing, she's accurate.

I let Chris (myself) do the main damage. Like magnums, shotguns. I sometimes take the Rifles though.

@Thee Stranger: What?! No Jill STARS outfit for Mercs?! That is seriously BS. I already miss her beret. crying  

Shinigami Substitute

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:06 pm
Thee Stranger
@Notte: I knew you knew. It was more of a response to In Umbrella We Trust. ^_^ And I am currently playing Mercenaries Mode, and have unlocked everything. Mercenaries was probably my favorite thing about RE4 and that hasn't changed here with RE5. But WTF?!? No Jill S.T.A.R.S. outfit?!?! evil That's bullshit. crying They gave both Chris and Wesker their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms! mad I think it's awesome that you can do the Merc mode in co-op this time. Now, it would be totally kick-a** if you could play with three players = Chris, Jill, and Wesker all in their S.T.A.R.S. uniforms. You might be able to tell, I'm a S.T.A.R.S. fanboy. I also wish they had added more characters, as opposed to just alternate outfits. I would have loved to have seen HUNK return (he was my dude in RE4 Mercenaries), or some other characters from the series past, like Barry Burton. Actually, they should have put Barry in the story mode of this game too. Why wouldn't he have joined the B.S.A.A.?

I was a little disappointed that the mercs game had more areas as opposed to characters. I had a huge WTF moment that they didn't have Jill in her S.T.A.R.S. uniform either. You're a S.T.A.R.S. fanboy, I'm an Umbrella fangirl, haha. I really enjoyed the pleasant surprise on the conveyor belt... it was definitely an "Awwww, I miss this!!!" moment.

Oh holy hell... 3 player mercs? I think I just peed a little bit.. ;-; I agree about HUNK and Barry too.... I want more of those characters. I was more of an Ada / Krauser player on 4. It's the running gag on the Guild that I'm a Krauser fangirl (which I am, but that's beside the point).

Okay, so for Sheva's alternate costume (clubbin') does anyone else thinks she looks like Rihanna (did I even spell that right??) ? And does anyone else find it ironic that she's going around shooting hostile people?

SPOILER: Okay, about Wesker's Children.... I need to play through the game again. I interpreted things an ENTIRELY different way and before I get into a debate about things, I'm going to run through it again Wednesday evening. I have a tendancy to see things the way I want to see them instead of the way that they are, hahaha wink  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:28 pm
DANG IT! Stop giving away spoilers, and don't use white. You should know I have a tendency to be curious and look at them. It just makes me wish I had the game even more and envy all of you.*puts everyone except notte and angela on his black list.* There more people to assassinate...  

Alkaizer87

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:43 pm
Lol, Alkaizer... then don't read this thread. surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:47 pm
So, I beat the game earlier but I've just been going through trying to upgrade one of the pistols. So, overall, this game is fun, the plot isn't as bad as Bio made it seem, and well, Mercenaries is fun no matter what.  

Elliot Salem

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:50 pm
Elliot Salem
So, I beat the game earlier but I've just been going through trying to upgrade one of the pistols. So, overall, this game is fun, the plot isn't as bad as Bio made it seem, and well, Mercenaries is fun no matter what.

Hear, hear! It's entertaining, and WAY better than RE4.. imo  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:55 pm
Alot better than 4. Even though the AI is just as annoying.

Hm, weird question, what was you favorite weapon to use throughout the game?

Mine, was the H&K P8 pistol. I always used that gun.  

Elliot Salem

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:07 pm
Well I had the privilege to play it online co-op, and one of us did short range, and the other did long range. I was mostly long range, and favored either the Sako or the Dragunov... I can't remember which. I wont be able to play again till Wednesday, but I'll let you know biggrin  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games