Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cat69

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:57 pm

*is poked, swats absently at poking hand in sleep*
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:09 pm

*molests Yoder too and then takes a new dose of medication, adn suddenly and inexplicably, passes out in the middle of the floor* eek

Really New Nil Nus

Panpear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm

*gets all excited about galvan*

Talon, your character is cool. ^^

And my other character should work well with your character. I hope. *puts hands together in a scheming fashion*

Say, that nutshell thingy part of the power... does it block out all sound in the area, or are sounds made outside of it heard inside of it? If that makes sense. sweatdrop

Maybe I should be asking this via pm... XD

*runs off to think about the other character, while avoiding writing it cause it's harder XD*
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:19 pm

*slaps the tentacle just in time*

I'm just dying for it to open. I think that Talon was the last person they were holding out for.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Panpear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:21 pm

Probably.

I don't know if Pansa has written up the introy things yet either. But it'll go live when she does. ^^ Huzzah.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:23 pm

*bounces* I'm looking forward to Galvan 2, too. (Look, I made a funny. >.<) I'm rather dreading my own posts, because they'll have to be so detail-rich, and I'll have to maintain a fairly constant idea of where everyone else is, but it'll still be so kickass.

PFDiva

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 pm

Thanks guys . . . I have already made some adjustments to him, as per Pansa. Still, one hopes it works out okay. As for your quesiton Panpear- it is 'Null shell'. And it is designed to cancel out any sound within the radius. If you are beyond that distance, nothing will happen to ya. Within it, however, and all goes dead silent. It works on the premise that sound travels in waves- if you hit it with the reverse of it's wave, both are cancelled out.

Any that want to work 'with' George bear in mind he is Devia. His skills are open to any- for the right price. At least that is how I understand it. As for them holding up the RP for me, I certainly hope not! sweatdrop I would hate to be the reason one of the most anticipated RPs since the origonal Galvan was delayed.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:07 pm

Talon scawee.....*hides under a couch* So scawee...

DarkScarlettVixen

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:15 pm

Surely a smouldering eye, sharp pointy teeth, and a gunner's coat isnt that scary? twisted

Then again, with an ice whip, two swords, and some stylish fins, it is a tad intimidating. pirate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:30 pm

*Snort* Hold out? For anyone. Please.

No offense of course. wink

The reason it's not up and running already is because the first few times I wrote the intro thingies my computer ate them. Which made me angry. Then RL came and kicked my a**. But I promise it will be up and running before the 22--Because that's when I get eaten for a week.

...And if that's not true...Then I never promised this. ninja

( rofl *Amused by 'scary' Talon*)

Pansa

PFDiva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:04 pm

you're gonna get eaten for a week? o.O i thought being eaten was kind of a permanent status, lol 4laugh
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:06 pm

Nah, see, I don't taste that good. So I'll get spit out after a week or so--Though depending it might be permenant. =/ We'll see.

Pansa

genric

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:30 pm

Just a few side comments and possibly a few questions... don't mind me. For a private guild we sure do have alot of people, and so many of them haven't posted at all, I'd guess about 40-60% of the guild is made up of non-posters... Also, it looks like there are 8 pages of back-logged Rp's, but all Rp's are lost after half-way down the second page... why does this guild need an account? Does it every buy things for anyone? It's seems that all the popular Rp's here are the absolutley generic ones, though a few original ones make the cut... So many great Rp's die too soon, includeing mine, not to say mine were any good.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:43 pm

Because our guild has more people, it's higher up on the list when people start looking for RP guilds. Because our guild's higher up, more people join. The guild fund is meant to buy things specifically for the guild, like sub-forums. Also, there are more places to post than just the main forum, which might account why a lot of people aren't seen there. I think the probable reason only generic RPs tend to succeed is because they're easier to RP in. As for the backlog of RPs, that's a management error that we'll get on fairly soon. It might also be empty pages that didn't go away when the threads in them were deleted.

Edit: Pages 3-8 of the main forum are just empty pages. There's no way to get rid of them. So, there are actually only two pages of threads, not including the subbies the stickies and announcements that most people in the guild don't check.

PFDiva

krome_devil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:37 pm

genric
Just a few side comments and possibly a few questions... don't mind me. For a private guild we sure do have alot of people, and so many of them haven't posted at all, I'd guess about 40-60% of the guild is made up of non-posters... Also, it looks like there are 8 pages of back-logged Rp's, but all Rp's are lost after half-way down the second page... why does this guild need an account? Does it every buy things for anyone? It's seems that all the popular Rp's here are the absolutley generic ones, though a few original ones make the cut... So many great Rp's die too soon, includeing mine, not to say mine were any good.

We do have alot of people, and i do occasional cullings (and so has isellia) but there's a bug and the numbers never go down.

Gummi is right. We can't help the bug on the guild pages.

The guild has an account just in case they come out with other things they want to add to guild functions.

It bought the subforums.

If you have a problem with the roleplays that's fine. Make a great roleplay. razz not as easy as it sounds. And the "generic" ones might be so in your eyes. But people enjoy them.

Finally, I've got a news flash for you. Yes alot of great RP's die, but if someoen really tries, eventually someone in here takes notice. And if you didn't think your roleplays were any good ... why post them? If the creator doesn't think the roleplay is good why should the prospective player?

However this doesn't mean you can slap the title "Great" on just any roleplay. You better have the evidence to back it up in case someone calls you on it or challenges you.. I know from the amount of work and detail that go into my roleplays that I can call them great, and I'll go toe to toe with anyone who suggests otherwise.

That's the kind of pride you should take in your roleplays.
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games