Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14527 14528 14529 14530 14531 14532 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Zephyrkitty
Shane-Cheshner
Orphie
Blarg. I'm bored of the internet, now.

k

The library finally got me the Ludo and Muse CDs I'd been waiting for. mrgreen

biggrin
Awesome!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:04 pm

[url=http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/cs_abuse.shtml]Computer Stupidities[/url]
Fact: Boston Computer Museum sells chocolate bars shaped like floppy disks.

Fact: Three year old kids see daddy boot his computer using a floppy to play games.

Fact: Computers are warm inside...even some quite expensive computers.

I don't want to talk about it.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm

User Image
Sup culties?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Zephyrkitty

Fact: Three year old kids see daddy boot his computer using a floppy to play games.

Ah, floppies...

I remember having to rely on them.

I knew not of pngs at the tie, so I thought the best way of saving my bmp pics was to put them in MS Word documents, then copy them into Paint xd

It was annoying having to re-format them at times, meanign I had to erase all data on them.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Zephyrkitty

Oh god...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:13 pm

TtheHero
Zephyrkitty

Ah, floppies...

I remember having to rely on them.

I knew not of pngs at the tie, so I thought the best way of saving my bmp pics was to put them in MS Word documents, then copy them into Paint xd

It was annoying having to re-format them at times, meanign I had to erase all data on them.

I didn't draw much on the computer back then, but what I did draw I saved as a .bmp because I didn't know of any other way to do it.

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:16 pm

Shane-Cheshner
Zephyrkitty

Oh god...

Just read through the page. Some people do crazy things to their computers.

Another one:
Quote:
I've worked in a software store for a couple years now. I've had more than person irate that we sold them a Playstation CD that doesn't work on a computer, a computer CD that doesn't work on a Playstation, and even someone who wanted Windows 95 for the Playstation. But none of these compare to this one user:

On Friday, a man came in, carefully browsed the store, and purchased a brand new copy of James Bond 007 for the Nintendo 64. I sold him a strategy guide to go with it at a 20% discount and sent him happily on his way. I happened to be working the next day when he stormed back in. He spotted me and came running down the store, vaguely resembling a freight train.

"You idiot! This" -- shoving the game in my face -- "doesn't work in my system! I couldn't make it fit at all! And I just brought the system brand new, so it's a bad game, and I WANT MY MONEY BACK BECAUSE YOU'RE SELLING BAD PRODUCTS!!!"

Well, it was within our seven day return policy, so I calmly accepted the package and proceeded to open it to make sure it was still in saleable condition. To my great astonishment, it had apparently been neatly trimmed down to around 3 1/2 inches with some sort of saw.

"Siiiir..? What happened to this game?"

"Nothing! I just cut it to fit in my Compaq! It should work -- I just bought it!"
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Zephyrkitty
Shane-Cheshner
Zephyrkitty

Oh god...

Another one:
Quote:
I've worked in a software store for a couple years now. I've had more than person irate that we sold them a Playstation CD that doesn't work on a computer, a computer CD that doesn't work on a Playstation, and even someone who wanted Windows 95 for the Playstation. But none of these compare to this one user:

On Friday, a man came in, carefully browsed the store, and purchased a brand new copy of James Bond 007 for the Nintendo 64. I sold him a strategy guide to go with it at a 20% discount and sent him happily on his way. I happened to be working the next day when he stormed back in. He spotted me and came running down the store, vaguely resembling a freight train.

"You idiot! This" -- shoving the game in my face -- "doesn't work in my system! I couldn't make it fit at all! And I just brought the system brand new, so it's a bad game, and I WANT MY MONEY BACK BECAUSE YOU'RE SELLING BAD PRODUCTS!!!"

Well, it was within our seven day return policy, so I calmly accepted the package and proceeded to open it to make sure it was still in saleable condition. To my great astonishment, it had apparently been neatly trimmed down to around 3 1/2 inches with some sort of saw.

"Nothing! I just cut it to fit in my Compaq! It should work -- I just bought it!"

...Uh...
Is it safe to lose hope?

l-Kriel-l

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Shane-Cheshner
Zephyrkitty
Shane-Cheshner
Zephyrkitty

Oh god...

Another one:
Quote:

...Uh...
Is it safe to lose hope?

Yes, I think it's safe.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Zephyrkitty
Shane-Cheshner
Zephyrkitty

Oh god...

Another one:
Quote:

rofl Oh man, to think some of them actually SHOT their computers.

That's why I stay the HELL away from anything on my computer that doesn't need to be tampered with.

There are somethings man wasn't meant to tinker with.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Quote:
Customer: "Is it ok to clean my MAC in the tub as long as the power is off?"

What.

Wut.

WAT.

User Image
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm getting off for now. See you guys later.

EDIT:
@T: Yeah. XD

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Being sort of a computer junkie myself, some of these are making me want to CRY.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Shane-Cheshner
Being sort of a computer junkie myself, some of these are making me want to CRY.

From laughter, surely?

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

l-Kriel-l

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Ribbin
Shane-Cheshner

From laughter, surely?

Some of them from laughter, yes, but others from knowing what exactly is being destroyed. xd
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14527 14528 14529 14530 14531 14532 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games