Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:09 pm
Prof. Moonie
User Image
Okay... now to proceed with the remaining aspects of this character form.

gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 11
gaia_star 16
gaia_star 9
User Image

I see what you're doing. Typically what my brother and I do is roll four (or sometimes five, depending on how "heroic" the character is supposed to be) six-sided dice. If any ones come up, we re-roll them until it is a number other than a one. Then we select the top three numbers rolled out of the bunch and add them together for the total ability score.

It's easier to do with real dice. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Artificers treat mastery of magic like a tech­nical skill. They see a pattern in energy and matter, and they develop an understanding of how to manipulate the flow of arcane energy in and around material objects and creatures. Artificers learn to channel magic into items by using complex chains of sigils and diagrams or by using magical materi­als. With their skills, they can assemble the perfect magical object for any situation.

As an artificer, you might have learned your craft through a variety of means. You could be a formal student of arcana who became interested in magic items and arti­facts. Maybe you're a tinkerer who devised magic tools in a musty basement. Or perhaps you are an explorer who found your knowledge in forgotten places.

With a bandolier slung across your chest, you carry an arsenal of alchemical compounds, magical implements, mundane materials, and tools. You mix reagents, drink potions, and craft items. And you use your knowledge to infuse yourself and your allies with arcane power. One day, your magical skills will carry you into legend.

What D&D Class Are You?

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:14 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
User Image

gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 11
gaia_star 16
gaia_star 9
User Image

I see what you're doing. Typically what my brother and I do is roll four (or sometimes five, depending on how "heroic" the character is supposed to be) six-sided dice. If any ones come up, we re-roll them until it is a number other than a one. Then we select the top three numbers rolled out of the bunch and add them together for the total ability score.

Yeah, I was doing their "classic" ability score roll system. Basically you rolled the 4d6, disregarded the lowest number die, and added the remaining three together. You repeated it until you had 6 numbers that you could input for your ability scores. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:22 pm
User Image
La di da...
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:32 pm
User Image
*sighs* It suddenly got dead here in Why Not.
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:37 pm
User Image
Many folks have been questioning about how salt affects demons only part of the time. Like... standing in a circle of salt will protect you and a line of salt in front of an entryway prevents the demon from entering. But Ruby is unaffected when she's eating fries... and Crowley is able to search the ocean for Cain's weapon.

I discovered a possible theory on how they're able to do some things that involve salt. When a salt circle or line is made, there can't be any empty spaces, other wise it does no good. For fries, salt is sporadically placed on it. It might leave a slight burning sensation in one's mouth when eating it, similar to how acidic things can affect a person's mouth. For the ocean, the water is preventing a solid formation of salt to be created. So, Crowley wouldn't be affected as a result. Might come back with a sunburn feeling maybe... but otherwise, no problem. *shrugs*
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:49 pm
User Image
Well... I'm gonna head off. Later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:54 pm
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
User Image

gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 11
gaia_star 16
gaia_star 9
User Image

Yeah, I was doing their "classic" ability score roll system. Basically you rolled the 4d6, disregarded the lowest number die, and added the remaining three together. You repeated it until you had 6 numbers that you could input for your ability scores. *shrugs*

Stength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma. What came next in their how-to?  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:23 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
User Image

gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 11
gaia_star 16
gaia_star 9
User Image

Stength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma. What came next in their how-to?

Pretty much I was filling out a form that would help create a character sheet. The actual form didn't have directions or help advice. I was using another website that focused on the Pathfinder universe as my reference for how to do things. But it wasn't that well mapped out on how to create your character. Which made it hard to figure what to do with everything in the form. In the end, I think I was just looking at a form that was clearly designed for someone who already knows the universe and what they're doing, not a novice beginner.

I've looked at a D&D character sheet generator that was more helpful because it allowed you to learn more about what the different aspects of the form meant and showed how many skills/etc. you could select based on what you inputed earlier. Definitely was more beginner friendly than the Pathfinder one I was looking at. xd

It's not that big of a deal that I didn't actually fill the form out completely. I was just playing around while I was waiting for my next turn in the little RPG game we've got going in the main forum.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
User Image

gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 12
gaia_star 11
gaia_star 16
gaia_star 9
User Image

Pretty much I was filling out a form that would help create a character sheet. The actual form didn't have directions or help advice. I was using another website that focused on the Pathfinder universe as my reference for how to do things. But it wasn't that well mapped out on how to create your character. Which made it hard to figure what to do with everything in the form. In the end, I think I was just looking at a form that was clearly designed for someone who already knows the universe and what they're doing, not a novice beginner.

I've looked at a D&D character sheet generator that was more helpful because it allowed you to learn more about what the different aspects of the form meant and showed how many skills/etc. you could select based on what you inputed earlier. Definitely was more beginner friendly than the Pathfinder one I was looking at. xd

It's not that big of a deal that I didn't actually fill the form out completely. I was just playing around while I was waiting for my next turn in the little RPG game we've got going in the main forum.

That's cool. c:  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:19 pm
User Image
Good afternoon everyone.

I'm going to be posting here until Mom is done cooking her lunch meal and we head off for grocery shopping.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:29 pm
User Image
User Image

January 24, 1979

Happy 35th Birthday, Dean!
User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:31 pm
User Image
User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:55 pm
User Image
User Image User Image
User Image

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Alright. I'm heading off. Later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games