Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 pm
Capcom really does have an unhealthy obsession with tentacles... Think about it.

RE0: ...My memory escapes me. But I know there are tentacles. It's infallible that there aren't any. xd
RE1/REmake: Plant 42
RE2: Ivies
RE3: Who else? Nemmy! biggrin
CVX: Those bigass tentacles Alexia can form
RE4: Saddler and Salazar. Something tells me those two... taught each other how to impale with tentacles.
RE5: Uroboros in its entirety. *points at various bosses, including the final boss*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:32 pm
Leeches are sticky and clingy like tentacles.  

MadamTarantula

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:58 pm
NYX from Outbreak 2 was kinda tentacally too.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 am
I bet the devs have some kind of tentacle fetish.... for sure.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:31 pm
Hmm. The Queen Leech in RE0 was tentacley-esque.... but I can't think of any blatant examples.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:05 pm
It's a Japanese thing... man those guys are kinky....  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:26 pm
Yeah, those kooky Japanese....

Now, have they put up the Versus mode on RE5 yet? I wanna play it. And I was kind of disappointed that there was no epic QTE fist-fight beetween Chris and Wesker, like the knife fight between Leon and Krauser in RE4. and why did they make Leon the big knife guy? Chris was always supposed to be the knife guy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:15 pm
This is true, Chris didn't use the knife enough.

Versus mode sounds weird. I mean, you can't walk and shoot so it seems like the firefights would be funky. I'm all for new weapons though.Too bad I'm out of XBL at the moment, versus mode isn't out yet is it?  

Mr. Kennedy

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:44 am
Not that I know of. But if you can unlock more weapons, they better make the Samurai Edge available in the main game. As it stands now, Wesker on Merc Mode is the only place it exists.

Urrgghh, goddammit. stressed I've been looking for a stupid screenshot for hours now, and I'm giving up now. I just want to point out a couple things about RE4 and RE5, and that is the fact that Shenmue has had some minor influence on these games. There's no doubt about it in my mind. Way too many similarities. I don't know if any of you guys have ever played any of the Shenmue games, but I have played and own them both.

1.) The Quick Time Events (QTEs): I realize that Shenmue didn't invent the QTE, but it certainly brought it back from the dead after the long-gone days of Full Motion Video game. I can't name any other game that came after the Sega CD and used QTEs, besides maybe Dynamite Cop, which was also Sega. I've dug up some examples, and I think you can see that they're quite similar to RE4 and RE5 in execution: Shenmue QTE1, QTE2
2.) The figurine capsules: I can't think of any other game before Shenmue that had this. You collected capsules in the game which contained little miniature figurines of well-known Sega characters, etc. There was even a special little menu that you could view them all in that works exactly the same way it does in RE4 and RE5 (this is what I was trying to find a screenshot/video of, because really, it's nearly identical, but I can't find one on the net, so I think I'm gonna have to bust out the game and take a pic with my shitty cellphone camera or something). This is the only screenshot I could dig up, but it's not of the menu.
3.) The screen filters: If you guys have played RE5, then you know about all the special screen filters that you can unlock, such as Sepia, Classic Black & White, etc. Shenmue II had the exact same feature.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:18 pm
I remember being reminded of Shenmue during the first QTE on 4. xd

I loved buying gachapons in Shenmue! I got that damn red ball and binsbeins a lot. evil Myau was one of my favorite wins. heart  

MadamTarantula

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:05 pm
Never played Shenmue but my buddy used to tell me about the similarities as well. Used to tell me about a bird crap QTE?

I was busy playing Power Stone sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:20 pm
Hmm... don't remember any bird crap. But Shenmue is a game/series that you either love or hate. Personally I loved it, and am pissed off that they still haven't completed the trilogy. But Power Stone was bad-a** too.

@Angela: lol, I always went for the Sega characters one. I thought it was funny that they had Nights and the Virtua Fighter Kids, even though none of them had come out yet in '85, when the story is taking place. I found a cool video on Youtube from a hardcore fan that has the game painted on their wall. They remix the main theme song of the game and... definitely has me yearning for the conclusion again.  

Thee Stranger

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:36 pm
Huh.

Yeah like didn't the second end with a cliffhanger? That must hurt real deep for the fans. What's stopping them from making a third on say, the 360?

The painting is amazing btw.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:42 pm
I don't remember a bird drop QTE either. I definitely know if there is one, it isn't in the first because I beat it, but maybe in the later part of II?

I remember the first QTE where you had to catch the ball or the little girl would get hit in the face. xd  

MadamTarantula

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:44 pm
RE0 the tentacles are in the 1st queen leeche form. I believe in UC they showed how the 1st form usees tentacles to atttack later on.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games