Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

AllAnimeFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:13 am
Hello! biggrin
Erm... This is an introduction of sorts, I suppose.
People around Gaia normally call me Mia. smile
I'm seventeen, and have been writing since... I was in the seventh grade, I believe.
Which would make that about five years, perhaps.
I've finished two novels, but am currently writing at least six more.
One of my most pressing problems with writing is that I can not seem to make myself wrap up a story. I don't like to end things.
Um... I normally stick to long winded original fiction, but have been known to write fanfictions and short stories when the mood strikes.
The only thing I can not wrap my head around is poetry.
I can't write it, don't understand most of it, and hate working on it in school. smile
Though I do read some in my spare time, I don't know. I think it may have been the school system, pressing me to analyze things correctly that ruined poetry for me...
Anyway, right now I am actually in a bit of a writing slump. I haven't actually made any progress on anything in the past few months.
Simply can't seem to make myself focus long enough to get anything down.
Okay, thats my writing information. 3nodding I don't know if I should put some personal information here too?
I live in Virginia, on the eastern coast of the United States... Erm...
I don't know what to say. I am a lesbian, and an atheist, I dislike school because of all the structure and social pressures that coincide with it.
I am lazy and unmotivated for the large majority of time.
Umm... I love alternative rock music, and anime.
My favorite authors are Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts (My all time favorite), Stephen King(Dreamcatcher especially), Sandra Brown, Dan Brown (Especially Digital Fortress and Angels and Demons. The Da Vinci code was okay, but those two blew it out of the water for me.) and too many others to list. I generally just love to read. Whatever I can get my hands on.
Thats a rather lengthy introduction from me...
I'm out of things to say, I believe.
I look forward to participating in this guild. smile
Thank you for taking the time to read this rambling post.
~Mia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:47 am
Hey hun, glad to see you around.
My name is Tak, Vice Captain as you know.
Currently 16 with a twin brother, who sadly doesnt live with me.
(That is a complicated story..)
Junior in High School, and Varsity soccer Captain.
Also run cross county and play football with the guys.
(not on the school team, just for fun for the football)
Been writing since 11 or so, after I had a rather.. tramatic experience.
Live in Florida, and I hate it. But I am in Penn state right now.
Currently at camp and doing all this on my phone.
Im a pure-bred Italian, so I know my wines and coffee.
I love to eat, but can't so much because of soccer conditioning.
That seems to last all year long.
I have a heart condition, that gradually keeps getting worse.
But it is my own fault for pushing myself in sports.
Just finished my first novel a few weeks ago, took me 2 years.
And finished a writing project, called 100 Themes.
That took me just over a year also.
My friends help me get through school, without them, I would hate it.
Have a boyfriend, his name is Matt, been together far too long. xd
But you know how it is to love someone, you never want to let them go.

This is getting long, and turning into a ramble.
We have a day off at camp, so I am driving a few friends into town.
We are going to see a movie. Harry Potter.

Hope you enjoy yourself here. Any questions dont hesitate to ask.
Tak-Jak Out.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:40 am
Suicide by Cyanide
Hi!
First of all I would like to say thank you for inviting me to this lovely thread. It looks very well done!

To start off, my name Is Cat.
Pen name Is Cat Coultierre.
I've been writing stories as long as I can remember. I used to work as a reporter for the newspaper in elementary school, and was in honors English classes until I graduated. I took a college writing course and got an A. (not quite in college yet!) That's my bit of bragging. I've finished 3 novels. and am working on another seven. (Gasp. I know... I have ADD.)
I love writing psychodramas with romantic undertones.
Writing is my life, but I also enjoy art. Painting, drawing, ect. Music too. Concerts are my second home.
I'm not a very interesting person.
My favorite authors are Chuck Palahniuk, Edgar A. Poe, and Oscar Wilde. My most recent favorite book is Running with scissors but Augusten Burroughs. So funny!
Well, thanks again. I can't wait to read everyone's stuff!

Well, to start off, I love your screen name. xD

Welcome to out lovely guild; we hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading your work.
>.> It's good to know that I'm not the only one who can't focus on one project for a long time. xD I'm working on more than I can count off the top of my head. I have yet to finish one, but I'm coming close to finishing a script I did recently.

I don't think I'm an interesting person either, but my friends insist that I am. . .  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:19 am
>.> I'm almost 17 (b-day in about 3 weeks <3) and have been writing since. . . forever. . . But I really go into it about fourth grade, when I was about 10. . .

I mostly write fanfiction (I've got about 7 going), but I also do regular fiction (3 or 5 of them). I do a bit of poetry and I've written 2 songs. I've done one screenplay, which is almost finished (just a couple more scenes. . .).
I have yet to finish anything, but I've got a 2 run-on, neverending fanfictions that have practically nothing to do with the orginal story anymore ((I have a huge issue with ending things, as does my writing partner that I often work with)). I'm thinking about converting them into original stories though. . .

I rather enjoy NaNoWriMo and Screnzy. I haven't really tried to write anything lately because I just spent most of May and all of June running my poor muses into the ground with my awesomely procrastinated script that was mostly typed in the last four days of June. . . So, I'm giving them a bit of resting time.

I live in Michigan. . . Have no designated beliefs and I also hate school. I procrastinate EVERYTHING (writing, school, getting up, sleeping, eating, etc) and my grades suffer because of this. I should be graduating this school year, but I'm a few credits behind and unless I can make them up, I won't be walking across that stage at the end of this coming school year. cry But you know what they say; "You reap what you sow."

*shrugs* anyhow, I'm boring but my clothes are very interesting. My style changes from day to day. From bright yellow, pink, and green one day to black and red the next. Layers and cyber clothing to emo and punk to gothic to normal to cosplay and so much more. I used to have a pair of cat ears that I wore all the time, but I lost them some time around Christmas and have yet to get a new pair because no one sells them during the non-Halloween season. crying I take pride scaring people with the way I look; I have a pair of white contacts. One of my favorite pass times is killing my hair (I've dyed, bleached, and cut it so many times and so many colors. . . >.>).

I tend to stay up at all hours of the night on the internet, whoring up gaia, and thusly am prone to momentary lapses of sanity and pro-longed out-of-touch with reality syndrome. xD

I love reading; my writing, my friends' writings, a stranger's writings, your writings, your mom's writings, published writings. Reading is my drug. Seriously, why get high to see pretty colors when I open a book and save the world and/or get seduced by a vampire or whatever I choose?

Anime and manga are also a favorite past time. =^.^= I enjoy cosplay, but I'm too poor to afford anything decent and am not skilled enough to make anything even remotely half decent. So I stick with easier, more reaslistic cosplay. I've done Remus Lupin and Sirius Black (Harry Potter) and I have one wannabe Gothic Lolita outfit that I bought from Hot Topic.

So anyhow, I guess what I was trying to say was

heart heart
Welcome to all new members!
heart heart

Isianya
Flowers For Demon Horns
Rubyjuke
sombermonkeygirl  

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

blu_sour_skittle

Blessed Bloodsucker

7,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:31 am
@Tak; >.o Ouchies. . . I attempted to join the track team in freshman year, but I couldn't handle it. Sophmore year I tried swimming (was coaxed into it by friends who are on team) and stuck through half the season, but quit because I can't handle competition very well. Last year I joined Tae Kwon Do and stuck through almost the entire year (it was a class) but cut out a month before the end of school.

@Voxx; >.> Erm. . . I meant no offense to anyone. . . I love brown eyes. . . Just not my own. My bf has beautiful brown eyes and I love them to death.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 am
No worries, Skittle. I was only joking.

I guess I'll mindlessly ramble. I'm Voxxx, I'm not new anymore, but I'm probably not old, either. I'm 15, and crazy, but not interesting. I have short issues and hate talking on the telephone because of something that happened two years ago, which, though my friends don't seem to think much of it, totally destroyed my world. I started writing in the third grade, and it was probably the worst-ever story you could imagine. Now I write short stories and poetry, though most of my junk never gets finished. And I have a penchant for oddly flavored teas.
Queen is my anti-drug. Phillip Pullman is my favorite author. When there aren't any people in my house, I put on my blue kimono, jump on the bed, and do loud (read- bad) karaoke.

Nice to meet you everyone.  

Voxxx

Reese_Roper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 am
Hiya!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 pm
Tak-Jak
We would have alot more noches Nova, if you went out and recruited. Tell a mod about any writer you know, and we can see if they would like to join and send an invitation. I found two writers that wished to join the guild just on BlackHawks page. And they are two members of the guild now.

Heh, yeah sorry about that. My work has had my hands tied lately. I haven't writen anything in ages! But I've never enjoyed making up excuses; The truth of the matter is I just really haven't felt up to taking the time out of my day to sit down and write. There are a number of factors affecting this, and I'm dealing with each as best I can. Until such a time when I can reclaim my previous fervor, however, my priorities must rest with writing and writing alone.

My sincerest apologies. Please do your best without me for the time being ^_^  

NovaKing

BrooklynBrooklyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:01 pm
blu_sour_skittle
Suicide by Cyanide
Hi!
First of all I would like to say thank you for inviting me to this lovely thread. It looks very well done!

To start off, my name Is Cat.
Pen name Is Cat Coultierre.
I've been writing stories as long as I can remember. I used to work as a reporter for the newspaper in elementary school, and was in honors English classes until I graduated. I took a college writing course and got an A. (not quite in college yet!) That's my bit of bragging. I've finished 3 novels. and am working on another seven. (Gasp. I know... I have ADD.)
I love writing psychodramas with romantic undertones.
Writing is my life, but I also enjoy art. Painting, drawing, ect. Music too. Concerts are my second home.
I'm not a very interesting person.
My favorite authors are Chuck Palahniuk, Edgar A. Poe, and Oscar Wilde. My most recent favorite book is Running with scissors but Augusten Burroughs. So funny!
Well, thanks again. I can't wait to read everyone's stuff!

Well, to start off, I love your screen name. xD

Welcome to out lovely guild; we hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading your work.
>.> It's good to know that I'm not the only one who can't focus on one project for a long time. xD I'm working on more than I can count off the top of my head. I have yet to finish one, but I'm coming close to finishing a script I did recently.

I don't think I'm an interesting person either, but my friends insist that I am. . .

Aw, well thank you. The name's actually My Chemical Romance inspired.
"...and all the cyanide you drank..." Anyone? Haha.
Everyone seems so sweet here. I'm very happy to be here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 pm
Sorry to disappoint hun, but we just play sweet.. twisted

And one of your friends just requested to join.
Though, I do not recall her name, but she is working on a project with you.

She has been accepted. wink  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:54 pm
Um...what's going on, everyone?

I'm Kirby. My eyes are NOT blue-grey. stressed They are blue-green and oh so big and lovely.

I'm also a mod. Being a mod means I own your a**. Don't breathe too loudly now. stare

...Just kidding!maybe.

What'd I miss? Hi, newbies!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:10 pm
It's one-oh-clocke in the *&^@%$# morning and that &^%$ heartless just killed my Sora again. I'm dying, here.
Welcome home, Kirby-chan. heart I'mma make biscottis to celebrate your homecoming. It was totally inspired by Tak. 3nodding
Grey.  

Voxxx

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 am
HA, rpg's. (:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:04 am
So you both went Harry Potter. While I have 30 miles to run for the next 3 days. And you better like Biscottis Kirby. You I will go JakATTACK on you.

And just remember loverly, when you tell the members you own them..

I own you.

twisted  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

KirbyVictorious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:10 am
I know. And I'm completely at peace with that fact. Because if I'm not, I'll be watching my back all damn day.

I can totally imagine you following me with a steak knife and muttering to yourself. :XP:

Incidentally, you can't kill anyone with a butter knife.

I do like biscottis. I just can't eat a whole one, that's all. Or a half of one.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games