Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Souno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:44 am

yay people!
English is only the hardest to learn if you want to be gramatically correct. African languages are the harest to learn to speak.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:11 pm

Souno
yay people!
English is only the hardest to learn if you want to be gramatically correct. African languages are the harest to learn to speak.

True, grammar's one of the weirdest parts of english. But I think Chinese is supposed to be pretty hard to learn. With the whole tones, pronunciation, and writing... I dunno though, I've never tried learning any African languages xp

Viperevak

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:13 pm

i can see how once you're used to one language learning any other language would be really hard...and you don't think about like phononyms like we have orange the fruit and orange the color...but they're not the same word in other languages ... so you learn a bunch of words that the rival of which don't exist in your language...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:55 pm

It's the undisputable challenge of linguistics that makes them all so fun. <3

K 19

Paige Astaire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:36 pm

I want to learn Cornish, it would be so cool. There are very few people that can speak it, though it's celtic so other celtic based languages could probably understand what's being said. It's actually being revived down here in Cornwall and I may just find myself enrolling in some lessons. xd
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:52 pm

K 19
It's the undisputable challenge of linguistics that makes them all so fun. <3

YUSH! *SUPERGLOMPS TEH K K!*

krome_devil

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:53 pm

I wanna Rocks.... Mune ni Rocks...

Gyeh.... song. wont. get. out. of. head.

*blinks*
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:05 pm

Hey guys. *crazy wave wave*

So I've been avoiding gaia a bit recently 'cause I just went through a break up of sorts (technically it's a break with the possibility of future dating, but we'll see how that goes in the coming week when I have/get to see him again). Specifically, I've been avoiding it altogether 'cause when I start surfing around it's really hard to resist the urge to check his profile comments, which both have a high chance of upsetting me (so go figure on the extreme need to know) and were one of the main causes of the whole thing in the first place *eyeroll*.

So, yeah. Merlinic's been moodswinging left and right lately. She's also been trying to make some changes for the better in her life, so encourage her to meditate regularly and whatnot XD.

And she's also really, really behind in homework right now 'cause of all this mess, so she's going to work on that in the meantime. See you guys around ^^

Merlinic Matrices

K 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:39 pm

krome_devil
YUSH! *SUPERGLOMPS TEH K K!*

O_O

ILOVEITWHENYOUDOTHAT.

<3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:43 pm

Gyah... Goosey has a dilemma...

The only roleplay she is in is only slowly drawling on, and she has no intent on joining any other roleplays...
She also really hasnt been doing much on gaia, anymore....

Now, i'm not saying i'm going to quit gaia, or anything, but... It just hasnt been as fun as it used to be....

neutral

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

K 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:44 pm

<3 Goosey

I had that issue, too, and I put my account down for an extended period of time. When I came back, so did the fun.

... and that sounded really lame. (But it's true! o_o)

I'm not encouraging you to quit, though. xD
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:50 pm

K 19
<3 Goosey

I had that issue, too, and I put my account down for an extended period of time. When I came back, so did the fun.

... and that sounded really lame. (But it's true! o_o)

I'm not encouraging you to quit, though. xD

I've left for a bit, before, and nothing really changed, but I stayed on again, anyways....

But now... I just dont feel like doing much on here, you know? I've lost inspiration for anything, including my own roleplay in here...
And I have a feeling that if I leave, I might possibly never come back... *shrug*

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

K 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:55 pm

D: *clings*

Perhaps it's just a dry time for the imagination. ^.^ Inspiration has its own way of operating.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm

K 19
D: *clings*

Perhaps it's just a dry time for the imagination. ^.^ Inspiration has its own way of operating.

I know that... But, its weird... I have no inspiration whatsoever for Gaia roleplays, but I can roleplay on Yahoo easy enough, like I always have been able to...
I do admit its a bit less imaginative then I usually do, but I can do it, all the same.

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

K 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:03 pm

Then maybe... it wasn't meant to be.

It all could be in the content, or perhaps, the people. o_o I'm no professional, though, but I really think the patience to just stick it out through the dry spell would be the best way to work it. ^^
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games