Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Cobalt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:32 pm

Boo. crying

I wonder, was it simply a lack of people able to take control of it and keep it running? We're all busy, and it's understandable. Could we get more people to run it and get it back on its feet? Maybe a group/team kind of thing? I know all the posts were deleted, but perhaps we could come up with something.

All the RPs I've been in lately have died, and I was really looking forward to something like Galvan. I don't want it to die, too, before it even got started!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:35 pm

/sigh

I had been looking forward to Galvan II. Oh well, it couldn't be helped. It seems that RP's everywhere are grinding to a slow halt of late. I blame the new school year stealing people's time.

Dracen McGregor

Saoshyant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:08 am

It's GONE? gonk

Why, though? Sure, Galvan 2 was behind schedule, but judging by people's responses, they would've been willing to wait it out a little longer. I know I would've. Is there any way it could be saved? Maybe a group effort, like Cobalt mentioned?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:28 am

There were difficulties not only in getting it organized, but finding people with enough time to effectively run it. As it was going to be a rather literate/advanced roleplay, it would have been a daunting challenge. Krome, the origon of the storyline, was understandably hesitant to just hand it to anybody. Those that did get the job either disappeared, or were overwhelmed.

As for the wait, despite it's popularity, Galvan had been in the works for literally months. As much as we all wanted it to work, things were not coming together anytime soon. While I lament it's loss, I support the deletion of Galvan II. Only because it is unfair to tease the guild with it when there is little to no chance of it starting. sad

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Pastel Promise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:29 am

Hello...

My name is Pyro, and I just got accepted, so I'm new here. *is aware she sounds stupid already* Urgh.

I'm kind of mood swingy, but I love to roleplay and get on almost every other day. ALMOST. Sometimes there are complications.

I hope you all have a good day, and once I figure out what's going on I'll join some roleplays.

OH YEAH... I'm the Fashion Stalker, so if you get a message for having a good fashion sense(in my opinion), you'll know I'm stalking you. ^^
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:40 am

Greetings 'blazing angel' . . . I doubt any fashon stalker notes will come my way. sweatdrop

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

krome_devil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:48 am

*sighs* I deleted galvan for two reasons, I CAN'T run two roleplays at once. And the shortlist of people I know well enough that I can say "here can you run it?" Are too busy to do so.

The other problem is that it's a HUGE undertaking, I *just* can't figure out how to get it kicked off. *sighs*

For those of you who want your characters I saved everything in case I suddenly get struck by an absolute epiphany on how it might be possible to do it. . So I do still have it. Send me a message and I'll send you your character.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:53 pm

-limps in,collapses from stocking shelves during a huge salex.x-

Owwwww.......-*&$*&es and moans-

Ok-sllumps on to a pilow face first, mumbling around said Pillow-

mmph.........rp's have been dead lately, it's cause everyones wokring new jobs or just started school.less time.

On a lighter note, I gots me some new headphones-can now drown out the other people on the bus to College and Work, yay!-, and my friend gave me a Cd with all this awesome old japanese musicXD

Micaelae

danadien_cortavere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:11 pm

Hiya new person!

Welcome to the RPR. Don't be afraid to ask if you need anything!

I'm all about breathing new life into an aging franchise as far as RP is concerned, so I'm taking a poll of sorts over here...if you had a choice in an RP, what would it be?

Like, anything within the TOS.

I'm just curious to see what kind of players we have around here and what we're all interested in.

Edit: It occured to me that since there are a lot of RP's here, if there are new people here I could help point you in at least a similar direction to what you want with something that's already up.
But I'm also idea-fishing ^.^
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:24 am

Hmm... I like to RP in almost anything. All the past-fantasy gets a bit boring I guess, but they're still okay. Something new and original, or set in some present-futurish world is what I've been kinda RPing in lately. Oh, that, and I usually like to join RP's when they start, so when they've got like 20 pages already, I generally don't join xp Just lazy like that...

Viperevak

-Playboy_Pandy-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:49 am

Ello everyone! I just realized I was accepted and wanted to say hi before I had to get off for a bit!! So um yeah Ello!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:53 am

I like RPs that make you use your imagination. Playing nonhuman characters (and I mean totally nonhuman - not just vampires or demons, but stuff like aliens and sentient animals and mythic creatures and the like. I've played a gryphon in an RP, I'm currently playing a six-limbed alien in a dying RP.... that kind of stuff!), worlds that use extreme amounts of technology (cyberpunk-ish, and I'd like to try a steampunk-ish RP, too), that sort of thing.

I get really bored with the typical elemental, government experiment that grants superpowers, imitation-Underworld, and modern school RPs. I crave creativity, which unfortunately makes the RPs I join few.

Welcome!

Cobalt

Micaelae

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:23 am

Does anyone feel interested in an Armored Core Roleplay?(Giant robot, also a long-running game series)I will be happy to post linkies and mountains of info.

linky

I'd love to go in depth about the hundreds of billions of parts, but I'll actually write up a huge post(Can I use the Reviews subforum to write it up?(, and take applications if anyone else says there interested.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:27 pm

User Image -

I know this is kinda late, but...

Congrats to the new mod!!!! >w< heart
*throws confetti all around*

--♥->

Mitena

Cayennah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:33 pm

Greetings everyone. I'm new, both here and to Gaia at large. But I've heard a great many good things about both, so I hope to integrate myself well. I still have much to learn about it but my hopes are high.

Thank you for your acceptance of me to the guild and I hope to join some of you in a roleplay soon.
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games