Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Everytime you come here, bump this thread! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:48 am
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

These are the languages I HAVE to learn:

Italian
German
French

And if my brain hasn't imploded by then, I would like to learn various others, like Japanese, Tagalog ((because I'm sick of not knowing what my mother's yelling half the time)), Latin ((always liked it but no one could teach it)) ... maybe Spanish.

My sister is fluent in Russian. She was taught by the bouncer where she works.

And *le bump!*

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:50 am
ChainsawDooM
I friggin' know it's German. I didn't say I wanted to learn German. I said I wanted to learn Russian. I would have typed something in Russian, had it not been for the fact that, due to it using the Cyrillic alphabet, Nobody would have been likely to do anything but recognize it as Russian. So, I stuck with the last language we used... which was German, which I used to move into my next point, and I should stop this rant here before I start yelling.

Wow... that irritated me way more than it should... Apparently insinuating something about my intelligence is one of my anger triggers... so don't do it.
Ever.

Sorry for being snappy.

... and bump.

I'm growling...

Bumpity bump. Sorry. I'm the same way. mrgreen  

Smurffairy

kaethe117

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:48 am
I wanted to learn chinese but I canĀ“t speak out th 5, so I forgot it.
Now I want to learn Japanese, i hope i can speak out the most things ^^

und hier ein *Bump*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:00 pm
Other languages are difficult, but fun to learn. I am slowly learning japanese right now. I really should take classes sooner or later.

I had a year of french in high school, and an easy way of learning more, I am close enough to Canada to watch TV stations in Quebec. In the end though I didn't like french too much, maybe it was the teacher.

Le Bump smile  

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:03 pm

*le bump*

I actually took a German class in high school ((it was via the phone, of course; as if some poor country school is going to put German in their curriculum when they won't even put in Music)). Failed dismally. Didn't want to do it in the first place but my vocal teacher made me. Far easier to learn German via singing German songs than sitting through boring phone correspondence classes and mailing in a ton of papers each week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:17 pm
I've dabbled with Spanish and ASL, but I can't conjugate to save my life, and as soon as I stop practicing for a while, I lose so much! sweatdrop

lumpy bump

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:19 pm
Yuck phone correspondence class! That doesn't sound like any fun at all.

隆起  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:36 pm
Not having music in the curriculum!? What a shame!
But I know there are different styles of learners. I am mostly a visual learner. There is NO way I'd be able to pick up a foreign languge over the phone! Maybe an online class would be the way to go?

bump

Gweener

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:23 pm

I had it in Year' 8, but at the start of my Year' 9 they pulled it because only 3 people in the entire school ((myself included)) signed up for it; a class needs 10 people to go through.

They added music back into the curriculum the year' after I graduated. -_-

*le mutter bump*

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:12 pm
I learned spanish at one point... but I never was very good at reading it... or listening. It's hard to understand native Spanish speakers (Read: Mexicans). They like to slur their words... and mumble... a lot...
I can read it fine, though.
I hate verb conjugations, as well... they piss me off.

As soon as I have free time in college, I'm going to take a Japanese class. It'll be easier for me to learn Japanese than something like Russian... because I can easily get stuff where they either speak it or write it... even more easily than Spanish... well... at least for the writing. Since I live in Texas, all I'd need to do to see people speaking in Spanish is change it to one of the 5 or so Spanish channels on the TV (Antenna, mind you...).

... Oh, right... and bump.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:52 am

I watched the Russian news today; we all did, oddly enough. Some of the words are rather easy to pick out; maybe I should learn Russian.

*le pondering bump*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:58 am
Two languages are enough for me the next time ^^

Bump  

kaethe117

Gweener

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:21 pm
kaethe117
Two languages are enough for me the next time ^^

Bump

I think you are doing a fine job with English as your second language! We use so much slang, and there are some many exceptions to every rule, it has to be difficult!
Keep up the hard work!

heart
Love bump  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:23 pm
Marie-Cris

I had it in Year' 8, but at the start of my Year' 9 they pulled it because only 3 people in the entire school ((myself included)) signed up for it; a class needs 10 people to go through.

They added music back into the curriculum the year' after I graduated. -_-

*le mutter bump*

Ahhh, another example of too little, too late with our educational systems. cry
*bummer bump*

Gweener

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:37 pm

I can't imagine it's that bad in America. Although from American exchange students we've had they say the system we have here in Australia is far more relaxed than in America.

I hear you have have "lunch periods". O_o Here everyone goes to recess and lunch at the same time. And are schools over there really that sheltered with corridors and such? That's ... rather creepy.

*le bump*

Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games