Welcome to Gaia! ::

Readers' and Writers' Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for anyone who enjoys a good book 

Tags: reading, writing, books, roleplay, discussion 

Reply Readers' and Writers' Guild
Welcome! (PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cinnimoroll_yumyum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:07 pm
Hello, all! I am cinnimoroll_yumyum, and I have recently been invited to join this guild! I suppose I should tell a bit about myself? Well, I absolutely love the Harry Potter series. It gets better and better each time I read it! I don't like Twilight too much... I like manga and anime, though I haven't read too many. I like Midori Days, Yotsuba&!, and Death Note. I am currently in the eighth grade, but soon I will be a freshman in high school. I hope to read and post many stories here!
-cinnimoroll_yumyum heart  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm
Welcome, cinnamon.

If you're interested in reading stories, I anticipate that you will participate in the popular voting on entries to our current contest, "A Splash of Colour", and perhaps you may consider entering your own story or poem.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Fuujoshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:54 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Kitsune Xion, but just call me Xion :3 Hnng, I like writing stories that use an excessive amount of angst ( sweatdrop sometimes too much) or really serious subjects. I make bad jokes [I have CDO; it's like OCD, but it's in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE]

And um. sweatdrop I'm rambling. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:50 pm
Welcome, Xion. Do not worry about your choice of subject matter. If you feel that it is something which should be altered, make note of it to your critics, and a remedy shall shortly be supplied.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

cairo107

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Hi, other guild people, I'm cairo107. I like reading, writing, music, movies, anime, manga, paranormal stuff, photography, art and hanging with friends. My favorite author is Paul Doherty. Because it was one of his books that inspired me to read. My favorite genres are Mystery, and Historical Fiction, at this very moment. However, I am always looking for a good read. I'm a big supporter of literacy.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:11 pm
Welcome, Cairo. I find it humourous that your name, and the name of the last member to post in this thread are both biblical references. Are you familiar with the term "das unheimlich"? If not, I suggest looking it up.

I would enjoy viewing any of your creative works; as a writer, artist and photographer myself, I glean pleasure in viewing the works of others.

You are cordially welcomed.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Reglare Excile

Friendly Warlord

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:21 pm
Hmm . . . I didn't bother posting here when I joined since I didn't read the last paragraph.

Oh well, I'm the Gloom Judge, a frustrated writer. My most favorite writer is Jose Rizal, mostly because he's the national hero here, and because of his principles, talents, and for being a martyr. If I don't consider those factors then my favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe, mostly because of his works like The Cusk of Amontillado, and Tell-Tale Heart.

I'm now heading to college, and is planning to take courses which are connected to animation. If anyone wants to help me, then I would be real glad. blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:23 pm
If you are interested in animation, you might consider PMing Kasi Karra - she is currently at university for animation.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Readers' and Writers' Guild.  

Priestess of Neptune
Crew

Reglare Excile

Friendly Warlord

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:53 pm
I will try to contact her as what you suggest. Although I do have strong belief that she is busy.

Also, I would always be interested in sharing things in the guild, I just need to get my thoughts right. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm
Uhhh... you probably ought to fix your post before Neptune says something sweatdrop  

Fiat Lux Aeterna

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:53 pm
Yay! another nerd to talk to!!! blaugh

jk jk jk jk smile

but no I'd love to talk about animation stuff. I sadly didn't get into the program here, but I'll go into Computer Programming and just do the unimaginative stuff behind the movies instead smile

But big time classes to take would definetly be fingure drawing and any kind of other drawing. I would also suggest a basic computer programming class. I'm not doing that to promote Computer Programming, but so much of animation is done by computer now a days that the basic introduction can be a really big help and plus on a resume.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:24 pm
I'm Blackcat and my three favorite things are finding books in the book store, reading books, and re-reading books. My favorite genre is fantasy.  

BioluminescentGirl

Friendly Nerd

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Kasi Karra
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:19 pm
I'm so jealous that you're able to reread books. >.<

Welcome to the guild smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 pm
Kasi Karra
I'm so jealous that you're able to reread books. >.<

Welcome to the guild smile

Thnx! biggrin heart  

BioluminescentGirl

Friendly Nerd

8,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Jake Hellstorm

Generous Sex Symbol

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 am
HOWDY!

My name is Chris, I wear my title, nerdy cowboy proudly!
My favorite Genre is fantasy. favorite series DragonLance, I am a Raistlin fan jus' in case there are any Raistlin haters out there ^_^
I am a writer, and if anyone cares to look, I have a book in my journal, its not done its my current project, I have completed one book, but It died when I lost it in a lightning storm...

^I kinda figured I'd throw that one book thing out there so that people would know that I actually finish things!!!  
Readers' and Writers' Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff