Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
I love Canada's Hockey Team. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:37 pm
Allegro
On another, more serious, "I actually know what the hell I'm talking about" note, Canada saved the National Hockey League tonight.

By getting Sidney Crosby the game winning goal, he has officially become a Superstar, regardless of what sport he plays. The NHL DESPERATELY needed this, because the league itself is so ******** financially (and has the worst TV deal you'll EVER SEE). Ryan Miller is the greatest goalie I've ever seen- the only real mistake he made was the Crosby goal, the first two were just lucky positioning for the Canadians that led to good scoop rebound shots, there is no POSSIBLE way that Miller could stop those follow-ups.

The United States team was the youngest in these Olympics, and that is both a blessing and a curse. Unfortunately, they've shown that their experience is too lacking to mount a serious comeback. However, you can gain a LOT of hockey smarts in four years. I would be afraid of this team in Russia.

Wait, you're comparing our goals being lucky after the first fluke of a shot that got past Luongo?

Also, HEY AMERICA KUZO HOW DOES IT FEEL TO HAVE A BIG EGO AND BE WRONG AT THE SAME TIME.

P.S. Victory tastes sweet, and uh, suck mah balls. ;D  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:39 pm
^ OH s**t.

*ducks for cover*  

Sir Codin

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:44 am
@Ribbin: Two words: Closing Ceremony.

Any pride that Canada may have gotten from winning at hockey was destroyed by the finish.

That last show was a culmination of all the stereotypes of Canada.
Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

That's like a slap in the face. That'd be like America parading around tanks and fat people with McDonald's.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 am
Maybe cause for Canada everything isn't serious buisness.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 am
Regulust

Yeah, who cares about international image.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:16 am
Ribbin

Wait, you're comparing our goals being lucky after the first fluke of a shot that got past Luongo?

Pretty sure I never said that our first goal wasn't a fluke. Just giving Miller the credit he's due. They both had magnificent games.  

Allegro

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:07 am
Allegro
Ribbin

Pretty sure I never said that our first goal wasn't a fluke. Just giving Miller the credit he's due. They both had magnificent games.

I never said you did either, just comparing your first fluke of a goal to our goals. But yea, Miller is a champ.

@Kuzo: HEY KUZO. SORE LOSER. =D  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am
Regulust

Probably the most ironic statement in this thread after AK's little breakdown (no offense AK ILU).  

Waynebrizzle

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 am
Waynebrizzle
Regulust

Probably the most ironic statement in this thread after AK's little breakdown (no offense AK ILU).
I was going to say something, but it would have increased the irony more.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:11 am
Kuzodav

Any pride that Canada may have gotten from winning at hockey was destroyed by the finish.

Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

That's like a slap in the face. That'd be like America parading around tanks and fat people with McDonald's.

The whole point of that was to show Canada's ability to make fun of themselves. That part of the closing ceremonies was all tongue-in-cheek, and personally, I thought it was brilliant.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav

Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

The whole point of that was to show Canada's ability to make fun of themselves. That part of the closing ceremonies was all tongue-in-cheek, and personally, I thought it was brilliant.

WOO CANADA, YOU ARE INFALLIBLE IN ALL THAT YOU DO!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 pm
Kuzodav
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav

Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

The announcers here even said specifically that it was meant as a joke. I'm sorry I thought it was funny. Next time I will mold my sense of humor to suit your needs  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Kuzodav

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:30 pm
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav

Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

The announcers here even said specifically that it was meant as a joke. I'm sorry I thought it was funny. Next time I will mold my sense of humor to suit your needs

No, no.
Canada is amazing.
They have the perfect sense of humor, and clearly, I, just do not have the best kind of humor, Canadian humor.
I was I was Canadian so I could be as awesome as everyone in Canada.

God, Canada rocks.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 pm
Kuzodav
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav
Dino Pakkun
Kuzodav

Hockey
Beavers
Moose
Rangers in Red
Lumberjack
Maple Leaves

No, no.
Canada is amazing.
They have the perfect sense of humor, and clearly, I, just do not have the best kind of humor, Canadian humor.
I was I was Canadian soI could be as awesome as everyone in Canada.

God, Canada rocks.

I didn't say that, you f*****t. I said I thought it was funny.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm
********, I've already said it was far from perfect. I thought it was ******** stupid to straight up remind the world how many shitty Canadian rock bands there are... Nickelback, Avril Lavigne, Hedley, and ******** Simple Plan, all playing at the same event. That made me WEEP  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff