Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:14 pm
Kamin Kitsune
1. Pets~ Lucy, puppy, Beagle
~ Jada, 4 years, Lab
~Roy, Puppy, Beagle
~Linus, 6 Years, Beagle

2. 1 John 4:18

3. Genesis

4. Baptsist

5. USA

6. Pink

7. School~

I'm 15 years old. I go to a really good church. I <3 God!

Welcome to the guild! It makes me very happy to see how much you love God! smile I'm glad you have found a church your are happy with. I've noticed that a lot of people in the guild here really like Genesis. Why is it your favorite book in the Bible?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:23 pm
memoryoftomorrow
Hi, I'm MemoryOfTomorrow, aka Memory, aka Orchid!

I'm not sure how you guys found me or why you decided to invite me, but I'm glad you did. It's good to know that there's a Christian guild on GO that isn't dipped in sugar or slightly insane, as this one seems to be neither.

So, following the initial instructions:
1. My cat's name is Miracle, and I cohabit with a dog named Zoe (my dad's)
2. I'm partial to the Love Chapter, as I forget to love Everyone and what love entails
3. Proverbs is handy (well, all of it is good, heh), but I like the Gospels best as they keep the best example of God on earth. Miracles, work, teachings, joy, happiness and sadness - the best way to react to fallen creation.
4. PCA, with a healthy dose of non-denominational and a funky inner metronome during musical worship
5. United States
6. Blue, best paired with black and silver
7. Student/ blueberry-picker/ retail/ office work and librarian (all at the same time, yay!)

I'm far more confident in my head-knowledge than my heart, to be completely open, struggle with addiction (which I will not talk about except in abstract; very personal), and am figuring out this whole "Joy" thing slowly but surely. How's that for an intro? Anyone I need to say hi to specifically, or thank for inviting me?
Slowly making my way through all the introductions to show everyone posting that they are being read. Hello, and welcome to the guild. Pleased that you accepted the invitation. Yes - you are very right. There is too much compromise going on, too much sugar coating. Too many who try to adapt their understanding of God to the changing world of human theories and philosophies instead of what God has told us about himself. It reminds me of a verse;

2 Timothy 3:7.
Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We all struggle with things. It is hard, because our flesh tends to want something else then what the Spirit wants. smile

Anyway, there is no one in particular you have to say hello to, but on behalf of the crew and vice Captains I would like to say welcome again.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Bubble_Th0ughts

Hallowed Lover

11,840 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:32 pm
Garland-Green
Kamin Kitsune
1. Pets~ Lucy, puppy, Beagle
~ Jada, 4 years, Lab
~Roy, Puppy, Beagle
~Linus, 6 Years, Beagle

2. 1 John 4:18

3. Genesis

4. Baptsist

5. USA

6. Pink

7. School~

I'm 15 years old. I go to a really good church. I <3 God!

Welcome to the guild! It makes me very happy to see how much you love God! smile I'm glad you have found a church your are happy with. I've noticed that a lot of people in the guild here really like Genesis. Why is it your favorite book in the Bible?
I can find really good quotes in there to help my through the day~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 am
Hi! I'm Shalom.

1. I don't have any pets.

2. I forget where it's found, but it's the one about being God's workmanship. I like it 'cause it's like saying we are all special works of art, each individual and created with care and purpose.

3. Perhaps psalms, proverbs, or ecclesiastics.

4. Non-Denominational

5. USA

6. Purple

7. Unemployed. Helping out the family.  

Shaira_Ordona

Timid Gaian

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

I am 4 Angry birds

Brainy Traveler

11,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:23 am
Hi my name is Leandra! smile
1. My dog's name is Kiba
2. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and don't lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6
3.My favorite Bible book... well I like every book of the Bible! lol If I had to pick one, though it would be Psalms.
4. I am a Christian. I am Pentacostal Evangelical.
5. U.S.A.!
6. Orange and green. (do I really have to pick one?)
7.I work at a restaurant, as a waitress- order taker.
And that's It!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 pm
Hi! My name is Jewel, or at least that's what people call me here on Gaia. Occasionally people'll call me Jewelies, I really don't care which you choose to call me, as I'm used to both. X3

I dunno how active I'll be in here...I'll try, but I have a hard time keeping up with guilds usually. I don't use this account as much as I used to, and I have an awful tendency to forget that I'm in a guild. ._. As such, the best way to get my attention is to quote me, otherwise I may never see what you have to say to me. ^^;;

I'm non-denominational Christian, and I love it. My church is a very small church that also serves as a ministry.

I'm also a children's church teacher, I teach ages 4-7 at my church. It's very stressful, but I love it. I love working with kids, teaching kids, etc. :3

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:38 am
ang3lKist
1. I have two Border Collies named Lizzie and Emma, two cats named George and Hendrix, four goldfish who don't have names yet because they are new, and a dutch rabbit named Willie.
2. Matthew 17:20 "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." I think it's mind blowing and humbling and inspiring.
3. I like reading the book of Acts.
4.I'm a Lutheran. (WELS)
5.US
6. I think that Metalic blue is beautiful.
7. I'm a college student with a work study in the dinning hall.
Hello and welcome to the guild! smile Mustard seeds are tiny! It is an amazing promise really.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:29 am
Draygon vs Snake
1. A cat named Sher Khan, another cat named Bagheera, a bunch of fish (I only named one Long Fins)
2. John 3:16
3. Esther (Thats my name!)
4. I'm not sure
5. USA
6. Green
7. Babysitter

Hi, I'm Esther! I just wanted to say I enjoy the daily verses.

Hello Esther! Thank you for telling me that you enjoy the daily verses.
It means a lot, and inspires me to keep going. smile
Welcome to the guild! I hope you will find it a great learning experience.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am
Hello Bible guild. You all can call me apiyo. I don't really have a favorite verse or book. I have a hard time picking favorites of things. I grew up in a Missionary Baptist church, went to a Church of God in Christ Church in college, and to to a Baptist church again. I am in the United States and I am a *sigh* tech support advisor in a call center -_- . I would much rather be an illustrator/graphic designer.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

1. I have a Dog named Shadow
2. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1
3. Ecclesiastes
4. Im Christian
5. Im from Dominican Republic
6. My Favorite Color is Purple
7. Im a Student.. Im 16

Hi Im Katherin biggrin  

Katarmie

Demonic Hunter

15,875 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Are You Jelly? 500

whisperkid12

Blessed Raider

6,900 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm
1. Name your pets:
Chyna (a female cat)

2. List your favorite Bible verse:
Ecclesiastes 3:1- "To everything there is a season, a time under heaven" (it's not exactly correct, but it's what my Nu-King James says)

3. List your favorite book of the Bible:
I couldn't even tell you rofl
I like Ecclesiastes because of the message, Leviticus is just fun to study, Psalm is the Swiss-army knife of the bible, Romans has so many places to reference burning_eyes

4. Your denomination/beliefs:
Primarily Baptist, but the more I study Luther in history class, the more I agree with his doctrine and views (maybe not so much the woman's role thing XD)

5. The name of your country:
America, as dubbed after Amerigo Vespucci

6. Your favorite color:
Blue

7. Your occupation:
Unemployed, looking for a cashier or other heavy lifter dude at a convenient store  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 pm
Hi everyone! I'm Calen. I've hung out in this guild for a while but never properly introduced myself. sweatdrop I'll take the time to do it now.

1. No pets. My grandparents have a male cream Pomeranian named Angel
2. Psalm 91, John 3:16, John 14:6
3. The poetic Psalms and the Gospels
4. Lutheran Christian striving to become a biblical Christian
5. USA
6. Lavender
7. High school student  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Saved_by_Grace_Ministries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:06 pm
Greetings in the precious name of Jesus. I go by Saved_by_Grace_Ministries, or you can call me by my real name, Allen. I am an Evangelist on Gaia and in real life. I love to share the Gospel to others and starting to open air preaching.

1. Name your pets. I only have 1 dog, named Chester.
2. List your favorite Bible verse. I love Romans 1:16 - 25
3. List your favorite book of the Bible. I love the books of Genesis - Revelations, and everything in between
4. Your denomination/beliefs. I am an Anabaptist. It is like between an Amish and a Mennonite.
5. The name of your country. PA, USA
6. Your favorite color. Green, Green, Green.... Did I mention Green?
7. Your occupation. Cashier at Walmart.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:32 pm
I am an Anabaptist. It is like between an Amish and a Mennonite.

Cool! I know a little bit about the Amish community from some books I read. I adore their quaint lifestyle! 4laugh  

calwri

Devoted Friend

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 pm
Dramatica Angeliqua
I am an Anabaptist. It is like between an Amish and a Mennonite.

Cool! I know a little bit about the Amish community from some books I read. I adore their quaint lifestyle! 4laugh

There is a documentary on youtube, called "Trouble in Amish Paradise." It is about 2 Amish families facing excommunication by having prayer meetings and bible studies in their homes. There is a sequel to it, called "Leaving Amish Paradise" as well. The man, Ephraim Stoltzfus goes to my Church. ^^  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games