Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Roleplay
[FIN] Kanto Competition Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:10 pm
Pop felt a shiver run up her back at the look Gummy gave her, her fists wilting uncertainly from their defensive position in front of her.
Rosie watched as Pop endured the attack, and was affected by the leer.

"You ready Pop? lets see your Dizzy Punch" Rosie told the rabbit.

Hopped up on Agility the rabbit lowered her fists, and with a slight lean forward suddenly bolted forward toward the todadile, throwing a series of quick punches at Gummy"  
Gwennythe generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 96!
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:31 pm
"Awesome!" Again, Henrietta was pleased to see the move, Leer, work and called the exclamation out as encouragement to Gummy.

The Totodile was ready to release a spray of water, but found himself under attack from the Dizzy Punch move.
"C'mon, you can take this Gummy!" The young trainer called. The move wasn't enough to put him out, she was sure, but how badly would it affect him?

(OOC: Rolled for effects.)

It didn't look like it had left him confused, but then, with Gummy, how obvious would that really have been anyway?
His Water Gun burst forth, aimed correctly, in a quite a nicely average stream, as opposed to the few spluttering attempts the reptilian pokémon seemed to use for fun sometimes.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm
Pop was met with a hard slap in the face of water, causing her to jerk back, staggering to catch her feet as she pawed at her face to cry and clear the water out.
"punny!" She snapped looking back over at the water type once she could see properly.

"Lets try a Jump kick" Rosie called once Pop seemed to regain her footing.
The Lopunny crouched low, leaping up into a kick that she drove down toward the water type.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:02 pm
"C'mon Gummy! Try another one of those!"
Except that Gummy wasn't actually going to get a chance to finish another attack, as Pop's Jump Kick slammed into him.
The little Totodile spun and then waddled, facing the wrong direction, turned all the way around to face the right direction again, then fell, sitting on his behind, before toppling sideways.
"Aw... You did awesome Gummy!" Henrietta called, recalling Gummy to his ball for now, and hugging it a little before she placed it back on her belt, replacing it with Winglet's Quick Ball.
"Winglet go after that bunny!" The purple-haired trainer called, right away as the bat appeared from the fading red light. "Supersonic!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:18 pm
"Good girl Pop!" Rosie cheered for her pokemon, jumping up as her pokemon took down the first opponent.

The second pokemon was brought out, Rosie returned pop into her Love Ball, this time pulling out another Love ball, the released a much larger pokemon.
a flaming mane billowing from his neck and tail as Pastin pawed the ground with a hoof, ready for attack.

The supersonic that hit him the next second though caused the Rapidash to stagger and try to regain his footing as the world aorund him spun.
"Ah... Try a Fire Blitz."

Though he was continued, the rabidash suddenly burst into flames, still awkward on his feet he tried to attack the Zubat.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:32 pm
"Fantastic! Now try and get a Leech Life on that Rapidash!" Henrietta leaned forward, watching the battle...
And then finding she could feel the heat from the next attack.
Winglet was overwhelmed by the powerful fire type and the attack it brought.
There wasn't really a chance for the attack to leave a burn as it hit and, unprepared for quite a level of ferocity as that, the bat dropped out of the air.

"Oh wow..." The purple-haired girl was impressed, and slightly stunned, by the quick take down of her second pokémon, but recalled the Zubat, and hugged the ball as she'd done with Gummy's before.
"Don't worry, we'll get him next time! Good job!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:43 pm
Despite how badly Pastin was staggering and dizzy, he managed to pull the attack off, enough to KO the Zubat.

Rosie let out a breath of relief that Pastin didn't end up hurting himself int he confusion.
she ran over to him as the flames around him died down, shaking his head to rid himself of the confused affects the Zubats attacked have, in time to have a pink trainer throw her arms around his neck and hug him.

The talk walked over to Henrietta as the announcer above gave confirmation to the winner.
"Great job Henrietta! you three put up a good fight." Rosie held her hand out to the girl.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:48 pm
Henrietta stepped forward and grinned, as she reached her own hand out to meet Rosie's.
"You too! Man, you're strong! We'll totally win next time though! So no losing until then!"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:54 pm
"Wow, that was intense," Tymiko murmured, watching the battle alongside the other trainers waiting their turn. She looked to Faleen, the young woman that Rosie had introduced earlier as her sister. Ty had given the other blonde her space since then, but now she drew closer, curious about something.

"Hi. It's Faleen, right?" she asked. "I'm Tymiko. Guess we're both from Kanto." She held up her wrist to indicate the red band with her number. "I never got to ask...do you specialize in a pokemon type? Or is that a secret?" The girl glanced back to the screen. "I don't know if it's her intention or not, but Rosie seems to specialize in fire-types. But my brother and I are opposites, so I know that siblings aren't always drawn to the same kinds of pokemon, too."

In the meantime, Izaya sat on the stands, watching the battle with his elbows on his knees and his chin in his hands. He tried to pay attention to the trainer strategies and pokemon techniques, but like a school kid with other things on his mind, his focus kept veering toward the trainers themselves. Mairu had perched on his head for a better view of the battles and Kururi had fallen asleep on his lap, curled up in the space between his thighs and his chest. Sighing, he wondered how Faleen was faring where she was and glanced warily over his shoulder at where the remaining trainers from Kodo had gathered on the stands.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:58 pm
Rosie giggled, shaking her head "I won't, you keep getting stronger, next time, you need to beat us."
Putting an arm around she younger trainer's shoulders she started back toward the waiting aria with the other trainers.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:05 pm
Faleen had been watching the battle silently when someone had approached her and spoke her name to get her attention.
Faleen glanced over with a tilt of her head to see a younger trainer that had been with the group, though she had not personally spoken too.

"A type specialty?" Faleen repeated "Unfortunately don't believe I do. Sorry, I hear there are benafits and disadvantages to both, Like how it must be for a water trainer, good again fire, not so much against grass." she answered " she had not even been aware that Rosie had a type specialty... interesting to know.
Faleen glanced back down at the girl as she watched her sister walking back with Henrietta "I live here in Kanto yes." Faleen continued, but unfolded her arms to show a green bracelet "I'm from Kodo however. though, haven't been living there for close to five years now, so I suppose I consider Kanto my home now."

the announcer's voice boomed out again.
"Next battle! One of our own! from Kanto Tymiko, and from Kodo again! we have Luke fon Fabre!"  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:36 pm
Dove watched the battle as it launched into action, and while she cheered both of them on, she sat back as the battle was finished, a small smile across her face. Rosie had won, but Henrietta had done an excellent job.

When Luke and Tymiko were announced next, she looked to Ray. "Again? Wow...How on earth do they expect us to choose who to cheer for?" she asked.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:01 pm
The girl nodded in agreement. "Yes, there are benefits and disadvantages, but I think a true trainer masters a type specialty when they learn how to lessen the disadvantages and play on their advantages. Like, for example, using part ground, rock, and electric-types in combination with water." She shrugged and smiled. "But I'm still learning myself. I just admire how gym leaders can create such powerful strategies using a main type or two."

"Oh. That sounds nice," she said. "Whoops, looks like Luke and I are up." She nodded to Faleen. "Good luck with your battle!"

Laughing at Dove's comment, the girl ran ahead to get out onto the arena, shouting over her shoulder, "It doesn't matter! You can cheer for both or neither! That's the best part about battles with two people you know." Not that she would have gotten offended if they'd cheered for Luke. They knew him better after all.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:17 pm
As the trainers were switched out, Faleen offered tymiko a polite nod as she left, having to hold back a sigh as the girl decided to go into explaining type advantage,
Like she honestly needed to hear it.
These trainers, always so bursting with the most ridiculous information, information that they feel has more relevance then it honestly did.
They practiced for this spot, they set up strategies and life styles all revolving around this sport, when there were far more practical things they could be doing with the pokemon they used, or the effort they put in.
Going our sharing their information to simply find a way to boast about their accomplishments, and what they have learned from something that would never matter!

They were ridiculous, every single one of them, and Faleen was getting sick and tired of being around these delusional annoying children, all smiling being backstabbing little liars.
She knew why she was here, but Izaya was right, this wasn't the kind of job she was cut out for, she was supposed to be back in base building her machines, her beautiful machines.
She hated to admit it, but Izaya was right.

Lifting a hand to her forehead she rubbed it lightly.
"I'm done." She spoke lightly, intending that to be in the hidden microphone that was linked to an earpiece on Izaya.
"I'm done," She repeated. lowering her hand as the battle outside started she turned and started toward the exit.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm
"Mr Dith?" Dith laughed and shook his head. "Please, just Dith! Mister Dith sounds so strange, if you must Mister it would be Vladamirin." He had never been one for formalities but if they made Dove feel more comfortable he thought it might feel less weird with his last name than his first, he was used to being Doctor Vladamirin after all.

"I don't know who to cheer for either," he added with a grin to Ray, "I guess we cheer for a good battle, da? So long as they both have fun and learn something." Hugs for the loser, high fives for the winner - that seemed a good way to go about it to him.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff