Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:25 pm
The tighter embrace prompted him to bury his face into Zevran's neck, his grip tightening a bit more, and merely stayed like that while.

By some miracle or other no cars passed them by - they surely would've been honked at for sitting through so many lights - and when Zev spoke, Abel inhaled deeply and withdrew to sit properly in his seat, though he didn't let go of his hand. His gaze drifted out the window towards the east. While he'd been intent on heading right home and collapsing in bed, something about the idea of sunrise gave him pause. "D'you want to go watch it?" He asked quietly, turning a curious expression onto his friend and flexing his fingers around Zevran's.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:26 pm
Zevran squeezed back and smiled softly. "Yes, I would like that."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:50 pm
Abel smiled back - quiet, hopeful, and a faint tinge of happiness - before he let go and shifted the car into drive again. A short drive left them near the boardwalk upon which numerous benches were set to face the water. "Have you ever sat and watched the sunrise before?" He asked as he got out and headed towards one of the benches, leaving the packet of papers in the door. It would be fine; the car would be locked and they wouldn't be far away.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:59 pm
"Mmmmmh," Zevran said in lieu of an immediate response, this was not because he was evading the question but rather because he was enjoying a really good stretch as he got out of the car and walked over to Abel. Oh and look at that, when he finished somehow his arm ended up around the taller man's waist.

"Many times, though generally alone," Zevran said as they strolled towards the nearest bench. "Often when I was young I would go to the roof of the block were I was housed to watch the first sparkle of the light on the water, and to see the docks and the city coming to life. It always seemed full of possibility, a new day could bring as many varied things as the smell on the salt breeze. I would think, oh, maybe today I will run away to sea and become a pirate or explorer of legend? Or perhaps I shall be mistaken for a prince and whisked away to a life of luxury? Or find a hidden tunnel in the sewers to another world? Anything can happen just around sunrise." Zevran lifted his chin a little to look up at Abel with a soft smile that crinkled the corners of his eyes. "And what of you? Have you often done this?"

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:14 pm
Deeming any excuses or 'accidents' unnecessary, Abel simply slipped his arm around Zevran's shoulders and pulled him close enough to briefly lean his cheek atop his head. It felt so nice not to have to worry about being careful, being secretive, not being seen in someone else's company. "Yeah?" Zevran's choice of words always intrigued him. The block where he was housed... A lot of things intrigued him about his friend's past, but now wasn't the time to ask about any of it. "That sounds like it was nice. Ah.. I used to pretty often as a kid; I had to help on my parents' ranch a lot, which meant I had to get up really early, but that also meant I didn't really get to watch or enjoy it. I haven't really sat and watched it since then, and definitely not with someone else," he admitted with a slight shrug as he stopped in front of a bench and sat - slouched, rather - down into it with a contented sigh, "It's always nice when I do, though."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:19 pm
Zevran sat down in sync with Abel and then leant his head on his taller friend's shoulder. "Well, as an experienced sunrise watcher I can tell you it is much nicer in company," he said, echoing the contented sigh Abel had given as he got comfortable. "And it is a whole new world of possibility for you this morning, is it not? With worries and burdens removed you have choice again." Had money again, but to say one was as much as to say the other. Perhaps money couldn't buy happiness but it was even more true that a lack brought stress and misery.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:33 pm
As Zevran laid his head on Abel's shoulder, the taller blond gave his friend's shoulder a squeeze before starting to idly rub his thumb over it, and rested his cheek on Zev's fine blond hair. He wanted to kiss it first, but refrained due to his earlier.. symptoms. "Yeah, I think it is," he agreed softly, watching the colorful morning rays of light playing across the waves stretching out before them. "And... it is. I think that's why I wanted to come watch it," he mused aloud. "I want to get home and sleep for like, a week at least, but I just.. I dunno, this sounded like a good idea first. Like a way to bring that whole messy chapter of my life to a close, and a nice beginning to the next one, or some poetic s**t like that," Abel explained eloquently. It really did feel like a close to one part of his life while beginning the next part, and he couldn't help but think this was an excellent way to start that next chapter.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:37 pm
Zevran chuckled softly and leaned up to kiss Abel's jaw, purring a phrase in Spanish as he did so. "And once we have watched this we shall go back to your home, and you shall sleep as long as you wish. If you were supposed to work today Taavi can call in for you." He would be glad to tell the sweet-natured young man the good news, and yet he was in no rush to move. Taavi was probably still asleep in any case.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:49 pm
His smile shifted to a smirk for a brief moment. "You know I don't understand Spanish still," he reminded him - needlessly, probably - and again felt the desire to kiss him. Later; he could do that later. "Nah, I don't have to work today." Sitting here like this, watching the sunrise... It was more soothing than he thought it'd be.

"Hmmm," he hummed thoughtfully, a bit more pronounced than usual, as the sun slowly peeked out over the horizon, "I think that sounds like a good idea - sleeping as long as I want - but I think it could definitely be better."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:54 pm
Zevran grinned mischievously up at Abel as he said; "I shall never tell you what profound a phrase I just uttered." In fact he had as much as said; what the ********, it's tomorrow.

As the first fiery crescent of the sun appeared over the water Zevran gave Abel a gentle squeeze and then treated him to a smirk. "Sleep first, better things can follow it. I hardly have anywhere to be myself after all." He was happiest when he was with Abel, it was a strange thing to discover and he knew he ought to be worried about it and yet here they were.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:05 pm
Abel flung his free arm out in mock frustration. "And I didn't even need to say it! You really need to get out of my head, it's terrible in there," he said, his smirk returning for another moment or two before he squeezed his shoulder again and pulled him just a tad closer. Either he just didn't remember sunrises being this enjoyable, or this one was just special; he'd never really enjoyed them nearly this much, and he had every suspicion it was due to his present company. "Alright, I'll sleep as much as I want first and then I'd like to do things. Like actually eat, I haven't really done that in.." A pause. "..longer than is healthy. Eat, and shower, and I'd love to find a handsome, attractive blanket to watch a movie under."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:18 pm
Zevran gave a bark of laughter and ran a thumb along Abel's jaw. "Ahh, as it happens I am a very accomplished blanket! I once spent a summer as such travelling Nevarra rolled up in the luggage of a b*****d princess who was bent on rising the three hundred places that separated her from the throne. But in the present," he gave Abel a brief kiss, "you should certainly eat. Perhaps we can order take out? I am rather too tired to cook myself for at least, oh, eighteen hours?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:25 pm
"Oh, were you now?" Abel asked with a bright chuckle, reaching up to grab the hand at his jaw and slot his fingers around Zevran's. As much as it pained him - which was quite a lot, considering how badly he wanted it - he dodged the kiss and buried his face into his friend's neck again, his arm falling from his shoulders down to curve around his waist. Sunrise, what sunrise? "I'll be up for eating after I sleep forever, I think. I'm honestly surprised I'm still upright right now; I don't think I'll last long enough to get take-out and then sit and eat. I wouldn't be very good breakfast company, I'm afraid," he admitted with a soft chuckle into the side of Zevran's neck. "I'd probably fall right asleep in it, and that wouldn't be any good."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:29 pm
Aww, he wanted to cuddle instead of kiss? Well that was fine, this was just as good. Zevran wrapped his arms securely around Abel, squeezed gently and nuzzled his hair. "Yes, after sleep," he agreed with a tinge of amusement in his voice. "Once the sun has risen how about I drive us back to your place? You need not trouble about paying attention that way, and when we get there I can be an accomplished blanket."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:37 pm
"Mmmn, that sounds like a good idea, I think," he said after a moment or two of thought, then gently brushed his lips against the side of his neck in a soft kiss; it was too hard to resist sometimes. "Normally I prefer driving, but at this point I think it's.. probably better if I don't." As relieved and lighthearted as he felt - far more than he'd felt in two years - at the moment he was probably in the worst condition physically. No, he probably shouldn't be driving, not until after he'd gotten some sleep and something to eat.

After a moment or two he twisted his face to rest his cheek on Zevran's shoulder so he could watch the sunrise again before it got too bright to stare at long. "Thank you," he said abruptly, his voice soft and no longer flirtatious in tone. "For coming with me tonight, I mean. Uh, last night. Whatever night. Either way, thank you. I don't think I could've managed it without you." He paused, pensive, then added quietly, "I don't really know how this whole mess would've ended if you hadn't come."

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff