Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:46 pm
Thanks, Haruna. biggrin

I'm looking forward to Harry Potter AND Narnia. I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was a kid. I hope the movie does the books justice.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:06 pm
Eh..it was you guys' birthdays? I had no idea. *needs to pay attention more* Well, happy birthday! surprised

I also didn't know about the new Narnia movie. I remember in elementary school watching the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie with old school special effects. With today's CG, effects, etc. I'm sure the new movie will be smokin'.

(don't laugh at me for saying "smokin'". *sweat*)  

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:18 pm
Aisu-Kitsune
Eh..it was you guys' birthdays? I had no idea. *needs to pay attention more* Well, happy birthday! surprised

I also didn't know about the new Narnia movie. I remember in elementary school watching the The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie with old school special effects. With today's CG, effects, etc. I'm sure the new movie will be smokin'.

(don't laugh at me for saying "smokin'". *sweat*)

I remember watching the old one, too. But not very well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:32 pm
I love the old BBC version. Every time I see a preview for Narnia, it makes me want to go back and watch all the old ones... I've got all the BBC movies on dvd. xd

A minister-in-training friend of mine was telling me a story the other day. He was talking to some of his classmates and they were going on about the evils of Harry Potter (he's a baptist. I try not to hold it against him.). Well, he joins the conversation saying that it's no where near as bad as the last series of most popular children's novels. The last one had kids killing other sentient creatures and battles with swords and one of the girls even shot arrows... He said they all leaped onto it, saying how awful it must have been. Then they asked what the novels were called...

He calmly said The Chronicles of Narnia.

Needless to say, he got in a bit of trouble after that. But it's still very amusing to hear about how he set them up for that one...

(Disclaimer: No offence to any Baptists who read this. You just have to understand that I live in the bible belt. Baptist is like another name for "insane religious zealot" down here. As a liberal Catholic, I get annoyed with those people easily. Just as long as you don't try to convert me with every other word, you're okay in my book.)  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:47 pm
One of my friends is Baptist. I'll have to tell him about that and give him crap. xd

I'm Lutheran but I don't view fantasy books/movies/etc. as "evil" or anything. It's not like reading about certain things will make me want to actually do them. And most fantasy books/movies glorify the "good" character and the "evil" character usually dies in the end. So I don't see what the big deal is.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:03 pm
The big deal is that parents are trying to shift the blame. Just cause they can't bother themselves to teach their own kid's what's real and what's fantasy... But that's a rant I could go on and on about. sweatdrop My mum teaches second grade, so I get to hear all about those parents. And I've had more than enough experience with them myself to form some very strong opinions about them... But if they're consistent (a.k.a. HP and Narnia are both evil because of the magic), I don't mind as much. Cause that tells me they are at least a little informed. Most parents aren't though.

Yeah, most of my friends are Baptist. I just run into the insane ones often enough to annoy the hell out of me... neutral I mean, I'm all for a religious discussion every once in a while, but twenty four seven? I'm not a nun for crying out loud...  

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

Rosalyrica

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:26 pm
MemoryDragon
The big deal is that parents are trying to shift the blame. Just cause they can't bother themselves to teach their own kid's what's real and what's fantasy... But that's a rant I could go on and on about. sweatdrop My mum teaches second grade, so I get to hear all about those parents. And I've had more than enough experience with them myself to form some very strong opinions about them... But if they're consistent (a.k.a. HP and Narnia are both evil because of the magic), I don't mind as much. Cause that tells me they are at least a little informed. Most parents aren't though.

Yep. People are always looking for something to complain about, something to blame for their troubles. -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:15 pm
This is waaay off topic.... but... please vote for me in the avatar arena! heart  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

Karren Hilary.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:32 pm
O.O It's been soooo long since I've posted on the Arina Tanemura Guild forum...SORRY! So busy with school work...you get it. -_-''  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:12 pm
Congrats to Memory for being promoted to Crew! whee  

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

MemoryDragon
Crew

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:59 pm
Merci! I shall try to do my best by everyone. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:25 pm
^^ I hope people submit to the secret santa thing. So far, i doubt it. I guess it was way too sudden. ah well, we can do it nxt yr. xd I voted for you solar! And for next week's avvy contest, I submitted my avatar so please vote for me, everyone!!! heart  

akeikas
Captain

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:44 pm
I will! xd Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:35 pm
Happy birthday to Leri and Shyrendora!! whee Kyyaaaaaa!  

SakuMeiMei

binaryfaerie

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:48 pm
It's Shyrendora's birthday today too? Happy Birthday, Leri and Shyrendora! heart  
OFFICIAL TANEMURA ARINA GUILD

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff