Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:06 pm
Alkaizer87
well Zamder there is one rule you must know. you must at least give a photoshop suggestion...why you ask?! Because it's been freaking long time since Angela or someone else has suggested one...... I can only hope that my brain doens't dull from the lack of photoshop projects.

photoshop suggestion?, like anything?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm
Zader_Sylun
Hello, Im new here ^.^ The names Luna. nice to meet you all and as for the last post-er Deadpool? Sweeet.

Yes, Deadpool is cool. I own his whole entire Vol. 1 run #1-69, plus all the annuals, one shots, original X-Force debut, original two 4-part mini series', Agent X's, and other miscellaneous debris. 3nodding  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Thee Stranger
Biohazard EXTREME
So, here's something. On Saturday I went to my buddy's place and got the chance to play RE5 for a bit. I gotta say, maybe I just forgot how much fun RE4 was, but I enjoyed RE5 a lot. I mean, the graphics are obviously nothing short of gorgeous. But the gameplay was so much fun too.
It just makes me wanna turn a blind eye on the storyline and just buy the game for the fun of it. I loved it.

Who are you and what have you done with Bio

Biohazard EXTREME
@Thee Stranger: The first Shenmue didn't really flop. It's just that there weren't enough Dreamcast owners. Basically, each person who owned a Dreamcast would've had to buy 2 copies of Shenmue for them to break even. The game itself was a success as far as sales go, but they just invested WAY too much money into it.

Ah, well, either way. It did not meet expectations and they lost a lot of money on it.

Well, statistically speaking, it was IMPOSSIBLE to meet expectations. I mean, I love many games, but I still only have one of them. And we're talking about EVERY single owner, buying a second copy. It's impossible to meet expectations with something like that.

And yes, that WAS an April Fool's joke. I have principles.
I said I wouldn't play RE5. Now, let's say there was something... Let's say I hit my head really badly and became retarded and thought that RE5's plot was actually good, or whatever. If I happened to retain my sense of principle, I still wouldn't play it because I SAID I wouldn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:59 pm
I can't believe he fell for that. Even I could tell.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:44 am
Okay, so using some deductive logic and a very good analogy, I found a way to prove that RE4 and RE5 aren't really Resident Evil games.

As we all know, RE4 gained Capcom a crapload of new fans, right? These are the people who didn't care about Resident Evil until RE4 came along... They didn't like Resident Evil, period. But if they don't like Resident Evil... And they like RE4, then RE4 isn't really Resident Evil, is it? So there you have it.

And then you have people saying, "It has to change, it has to evolve." Blah blah blah. Okay, but let's look at evolution for what it is.
You have dinosaurs... They evolve into birds. But once they're birds, you can't say, "They're dinosaurs," because they're not.
So once RE evolves into RE4, you can't say, "It's Resident Evil," because it's not.
What's more, Dinosaurs are much more badass and more awesome than birds. Just the same, Real Resident Evil is more badass and much more awesome than the seagull of a game that Capcom is producing now.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:11 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, statistically speaking, it was IMPOSSIBLE to meet expectations. I mean, I love many games, but I still only have one of them. And we're talking about EVERY single owner, buying a second copy. It's impossible to meet expectations with something like that.

Yes, yes. But the point is that it didn't do what they wanted it do, and they lost buku money on it. The game wasn't super-well received either, and the second installment fared even worse. We didn't even see a Dreamcast release here in the States, and the XBOX port didn't sell well at all. This is probably why they haven't bothered with the third one. Shenmue is probably half the reason the company went bankrupt and got out of the hardware department. It's a shame, really. The Dreamcast was a great system. Probably Sega's best.

Biohazard EXTREME
I said I wouldn't play RE5. Now, let's say there was something... Let's say I hit my head really badly and became retarded and thought that RE5's plot was actually good, or whatever. If I happened to retain my sense of principle, I still wouldn't play it because I SAID I wouldn't.

It was better than RE4's.
And after RE5, I am now done with the RE series. Because whatever they continue with now won't have any semblance of the original plotline at all, so there's no reason for me to keep on with it, unless they put out a really badass game that plays nothing like RE4/5, and is actually horror.

Alkaizer87
I can't believe he fell for that. Even I could tell.

Um... are you talking about me? Because I didn't fall for it. If anyone fell for it, it was you.

Biohazard EXTREME
Okay, so using some deductive logic and a very good analogy, I found a way to prove that RE4 and RE5 aren't really Resident Evil games.

As we all know, RE4 gained Capcom a crapload of new fans, right? These are the people who didn't care about Resident Evil until RE4 came along... They didn't like Resident Evil, period. But if they don't like Resident Evil... And they like RE4, then RE4 isn't really Resident Evil, is it? So there you have it.

And then you have people saying, "It has to change, it has to evolve." Blah blah blah. Okay, but let's look at evolution for what it is.
You have dinosaurs... They evolve into birds. But once they're birds, you can't say, "They're dinosaurs," because they're not.
So once RE evolves into RE4, you can't say, "It's Resident Evil," because it's not.
What's more, Dinosaurs are much more badass and more awesome than birds. Just the same, Real Resident Evil is more badass and much more awesome than the seagull of a game that Capcom is producing now.

No argument there. I've actually said this before, in so many words. Something along the lines of "if you're a fan of RE4, you're just not a fan of the same thing". But what if you were a real fan, and you also liked RE4? Because I liked RE4 as a game, I just didn't think it belonged in the series. RE5's story was up and down for me. There was some stuff I liked, and some stuff I didn't. I would like to know what you hate most about it, Bio. I'm assuming it's what they did with Wesker. He was kind of like the Boba Fett of the series and then they turned around and made him Darth Vader. xd  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:09 pm
Well the fact that Wesker teleports more than all Mortal Kombat characters combined didn't help. The fact that he turns into a monster only adds to that.

But Wesker aside...
Kung Fu Jill... With a mind control stone in her chest.... What... Kind of cheap pot were they on, when they came up with that? Seriously?

And you say RE5's storyline is better than 4's? Hell no.

I swear to you people, I would rather get married to Ashley and make 5 squeaky daughters with her, than accept RE5's as anything remotely related to Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 pm
Yeah I agree. (We still hiding spoilers?): The series sorta died with Wesker for me.

Anymore just seems like too much. I don't think I can bring myself to play it.

EDIT:
Yeah the teleporting was kinda eh...
Hell, Wesker was always a monster. I thought his final form was cool enough. He was desperte after being stabbed a few times so he took Uroboros. He was apparently a "superior" being since the Uroboros didn't ******** him up beyond belief.

The stone thing on Jill was "Eh." also, but it wasn't that bad. Right?  

Mr. Kennedy

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:21 pm
Yeah, that's pretty retarded, but... he's had uber super-powers since CV.

Kung-Fu Jill is actually explained a lot better if you read the file on it. It actually ties it all in to RE3, making RE3 less of a side-story.

Well, let's see... there's no cult in RE5, and the stuff that's going on actually has something to do with Umbrella, the progenitor virus, and bioterrorism. Yeah, it's better than RE4's.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:37 pm
Yes, it talks about Jill, about Wesker, about Umbrella... In fact, it too what coolness RE had and ruins it by doing that.

RE4 sucked, but at least the suckiness didn't relate to anything good about RE.
But in RE5, they basically took things about Resident Evil that were cool, and ruined them. That makes it worse.

And file or no file, Jill Valentine has no business being a kung fu style boss in a "Resident Evil" game. You fight Jill... Who does crazy martial art stunts... Think about how un-Resident Evil that sounds.

And there's a difference between super strength and speed, and THAT.
Back when Code Veronica X came out, someone said, "Who would win in a fight? Wesker or Agent Smith?" Back then, it would've been Agent Smith, hands down. Now, Wesker would give smith a run for his money. It's not Resident Evil. Plain and simple. It's a travesty to the series, more so than RE4 was. And this is coming from one of the biggest RE4 haters ever.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:17 pm
I disagree.

That's not true. Plenty of the suckiness in RE4 related to the cool things in RE. Wesker was there, Umbrella was mentioned, etc. In RE5, however, Umbrella is actually explored again. Mysteries from the series' past are revealed.

And Wesker had no business coming back from the dead and having super-human speed and strength either, but that already happened. I'm not a huge fan of kung-fu Jill either, but it is explained in a manner that does make some sense of it, just as they did when Wesker returned (and RE5 actually fleshes all that out in a way that makes more sense to me). Crazy martial arts stunts, eh...? Sounds a lot like the Anderson movies. xd But I digress.

What's the huge difference there?
I would have to disagree there as well. Agent Smith would still hand Wesker's a** to him. It hasn't been Resident Evil in the purest sense of the word since RE0. It is no more of a travesty to the series than RE4 is. Actually, I'd say it is slightly less of one. It's biggest flaw is that, gameplay-wise, it doesn't try to do anything new. It's too scared to be any different than RE4.

Biohazard EXTREME

But...

Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but the storyline, Gameplay, all that will be the same for PS3 and 360. But PS3 is also getting Guns of the Patriots, which I can't wait for.
But that aside, I know two things:
1. I'm getting Resident Evil 5
2. I'm getting it for PS3

lol Mu-hah.... MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! twisted YOU SAID YOU WOULD!! STICK TO YOUR PRINCIPLES, BIO!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:47 pm
Wow, how far back did you have to go to dig that up? 2007? 8?  

King of Paradise

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Page number or it didn't happen.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:04 pm
2006. Pages 10 and 11 of this thread.

Biohazard EXTREME
I picked up both RE4's. Don't regret it. And by the looks of the PS3 graphics, I don't care how much it costs, because it's definitely gonna be worth it.

This is the only time you will hear Bio saying he doesn't regret picking up a copy of RE4. xd Oh, how times change.  

Thee Stranger

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:32 pm
Dayum, that was way back. eek

I got back to playing Indigo Prophesy last night and it made me think I wouldn't mind seeing a re-imagining of the first RE with IP's gameplay. You ccould switch between Chris and Jill at any time, and after the first time you beat it, you could play as Wesker and be the villain instead of the hero.

Edit: So, I went to view those pages and... burning_eyes  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games