Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
The O.W.L.s: The World Is Yours Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 314 315 316 317 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:35 pm
Cecilia bit her lip to keep herself from laughing when Erin discovered that she had no money as well. "Well, at least we can be broke together," she said teasingly. She looked around and saw a bench where people could rest their feet if they wanted to. The Sapphire Owl nodded towards it. "Let's go sit over there," she said. Yet before she began walking, she held the kabob in her mouth and dug into her right jeans pocket and pulled out a rubber band. She gathered her hair with her fingers and tied it into a long wavy ponytail. She then removed the kabob from he rmouth. "It's a little hot out here and having a lot of hair isn't a fun thing sometimes," she said grinning sheepishly as she led Erin over towards the bench and sat down. Despite the fact that they would most likely be fighting very soon, it felt wonderful to be normal, even if it was for a short while. "So um...I'm sorry if I'm prying too much, but I'm a little curious. How did you gain your mutation?" she asked curiously. "If you're not comfortable with saying so, I'll understand." Cecilia remembered vividly, the day her mutation had manifested. She mentally shook the thought away and waited patiently for Erin to speak.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 pm
Kate rolled her eyes a bit at Che's description of what he called 'his job'. She could tell that he was probably laughing at her or something on the inside. After all, that's what he always did when he was around her. He knew it wasn't nice to laugh at her, but he did it anyway. It wasn't that she didn't like his magic tricks. But she knew she preferred them to having him circling her. She sighed when Che asked her what she had planned for after the war was over. "If I have not explained this once, I have explained it a hundred times now. I have no plans except to return the spirits that have escaped into this realm that you and your impulsive son Roulin let escape by carelessly leaving the Forbidden Door open. You and he shall participate in the retrieval whether you want to or not." Even though she absolutely hated her job as guardian of the Eternity Realm, Kate knew she had a duty to fulfill. "After that..." Kate let her voice trail off. She didn't really know what she would do once she had sealed the Forbidden Door closed again, so there really was nothing else for her to say. That was a little frustrating given that she had mean tot say something, but couldn't finish the sentence. Frowning at her lack of words, Kate then said, "What does it matter to you what I do, Presidiomini? You cannot possibly have anything to gain from knowing what I plan to do after this war of yours is over."

====

Erin looked away sheepishly when she saw the expression on Cecilia's face after she told her about not having any money. However, when the Sapphire Owl mentioned sitting down, Erin looked up herself and spotted the bench Cecilia had mentioned. "Okay. You never know when we might get another opportunity to just sit down." she said while Cecilia pulled her hair back from her face because of the heat. When they got to the bench, Erin sat down a foot or so from Cecilia, watching the people milling about the market. She longed to return to when her life had been normal, before her mutations developed, back when she and Elle were just children. Erin never had been one to like fighting.

When Cecilia spoke up, asking about how she got her powers, Erin blinked and looked over at her for a moment, trying to decide how much she wanted to tell Cecilia about her origins. "Um... no. It's alright. It's only natural that you would be curious, but..." she responded softly, "I'm afraid I don't remember much about my childhood besides the fact that my sister and I were adopted by two missionaries in Brazil." Of course, Erin remembered how she came to know of her telepathic powers. She just wasn't comfortable talking about it. She never had been comfortable talking about with Elle even since the day the ran from their home in Brazil. So this was her way of politely declining to answer Cecilia's question.

"But I can tell you this, my blood manipulation abilities I've known about since I could remember. Even if I fell and scraped my knees, it would heal on its own, faster than a normal person's wound would. I didn't think anything of it really until I started experimenting on my own time..." Her powers were rather embarrassing to her to talk about like this. After all, one just doesn't go around saying they can manipulate blood.

dragon-talk

Beloved Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 pm
As Cecilia listened to Erin speak about her mutation, or what she wanted to reveal, she finished off her kabob and held the sauce covered stick in her hand. She didn't blame the fact that Erin didn't feel comfortable revealing everything about her abilities. Cecilia, herself, was not comfortable revealing everything about her abilities either, given the fact that she had done some terrible things that she was not proud of. These were things that she blamed herself for, despite the fact that they were not her fault. Most people tried to forget terrible things that happened in their lives. Yet, Cecilia knew that it was impossible. Cecilia's terrible memories were with her each and everyday, reminding her of the many mistakes that she had made in the past. After Erin had finished speaking, Cecilia spoke. "Blood Manipulation is a very unique ability. I've never heard of it before. It sounds interesting." Cecilia looked forward to a pair of children chasing each other.

She smiled lightly remembering faintly, the days when she had been young and carefree like that, before her powers had manifested. She then returned her attention to the Artistic Owl. "I was raised by my grandparents. My mom and dad pretty much didn't want me. I think it was because they knew I was different, given the fact that I was born this way," she said indicating her blue skin and silver hair. "My family dates back pretty far. I'm not exactly sure how far. But from what I know, I'm the only Owl ever to be born. My mutation manifested when I was around five or six. After that, I was forced to leave my grandparents. Well, technically, I forced myself. My abilities were so unstable that just the smallest outburst of anger would cause others to suffer. So I had no choice, but to run away." She did not mention the fact that her abilities were still unstable at times when she expressed direct outbursts of anger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:29 pm
Che couldn't help but shake his head after Kate responded almost how he expected her too. To the italian, her speechlessness was cute as was her slight distaste in his usual attitude. When the woman was done chastising him verbally, the mastering owl walked closer beside Kate and spoke to her in a half whisper, "Well, although you've given me no choice, I'd like to help fix what both me and my son have done. That, and I want your job remember? So you can go do other stuff that isn't sitting in front of a door like a bodyguard for the rest of your days." To Che, it was a simple gesture that could possibly help the drab girl get out and experience something. Maybe even smile once. He felt that the paperwork though would be mountainous. Very, very mountainous, arduous and boring as hell. Returning to full height after leaning over to his partner in crime, he continued saying, "It's not what I'll gain. It's what you will. If things go right and you're able to be released, you'll gain freedom. You know, that thing you have almost little to none of?"  

Mahareshi

dragon-talk

Beloved Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:02 pm
Erin was grateful that Cecilia didn't question her further about her telepathic abilities. She didn't want to have to explain that she and Elle were a hive mind. The younger of the twins still loved and respected her sister, so she wasn't about to break that part of the promise. All she had done was reveal that she was a telepath, and said nothing about Elle.

She then listened patiently as Cecilia began telling her her story. The blue girl's story sounded very similar to her own: A relatively happy family which was torn apart by the powers Cecilia had received. So Erin could sympathize and empathize with Cecilia in that regard. "That's understandable that you wouldn't want to hurt those that were dear to you. I can understand that very well... My own abilities have their own unstable periods..." With the blood manipulation, it was going all animal instinct. With the telepathy... well, just look at the way their adoptive parents ended up. Erin looked down at her half-eaten kabob losing herself in thought for a bit.

====

Kate's eyes narrowed slightly as she listened to the first part of what Che told her at a low whisper. What did he think her job was? "What do you think my job is as the Guardian of the Eternity Realm, Che Presidiomini? It is not some hat or name plate that can just be passed from person to person." she replied flatly at a low volume similar to that of Che's whispering before, giving Che a withering stare. "My job cannot be so easily shaken off like that of the Great Four or the Heralds. They are nothing like me, and vice a versa..." Even though she had just chastised Che for thinking of job like a small task, Kate wished her job could be passed off to another as such.

Kate paused for a moment in speaking as they came upon a good spot to watch the sunset. She turned away from Che and watched as the colors darkened with the sun descending below the horizon line. This was one habit Kate had not been able to break. She liked to watch the sun set every evening when she had the chance. It was relaxing to her. "I have more freedom than you think I do, Presidiomini." she suddenly said, "But I cannot just give away my job like you wish."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:21 pm
Cecilia rolled the kabob stick around in her hands for a few moments before she turned her upper body and tossed it into the trashcan, which was only just a few feet away from her before she turned back to Erin. Truthfully, Cecilia was a little jealous of Erin for the Artistic Owl had had her sister's company despite the fact that the two were at a standoff at the moment. Cecilia often wished that she had a sibling who she could confide in. Roulin and Moli, Aeon and Amara; Elle and Erin....They had each other. Cecilia was sure that her grandparents were now dead and her only other relatives would most likely not want to even lay eyes upon her. A sad expression touched the young Azure Owl's face briefly before she replaced it with a smile. "Well, with my visions...you saw what happened in the Meeting Room. I have a bit of a theory on that. I could be wrong though, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I think that the more powerful I become, the more my visions affect me and those around me. Of course I've been wrong before." She brushed a few wisps of hair, which had escaped from her ponytail away from her face.

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:25 pm
"Hmm, hmm. It's not what I wish Kate. It's what you wish." Che said once he became still and relaxed. The sunset and the shimmering ocean horizon was just what he needed. The people down at the beach, more than likely humans who couldn't feel the massive exchange of auras in the distance, were snapping pictures of the moment. Che couldn't sense his son Roulin anywhere nearby, but he hoped that his son, whom he could tell was becoming weary of the world, was watching this as well. The last thing he needed was a kid that was as insane as he was.

Apologetically, the italian's purple eyes drifted to Kate who seemed to be enjoying the scene that was still continuing before them. In her eyes was slight tinge of sadness, but the relaxing moment dulled it down to almost nothing. Looking back to the shore with a determined expression, Che spoke out softly, "Thanks for spending your time of freedom helping us with all of this. I'd pay you if I could."

~~~

The Owl of Life wasn't too far from each of his teammates. Che and kate were the closest while Cecilia and the telepaths were probably the farthest. The tired man deactivated his vision which he'd been using to watch over them all. Thomas's movements were strange, but he didn't pay much attention to him. At this point, he couldn't. He only imagined killing him and getting him out of the way for good.

The sunset was beautiful, magnificent and amazing, but it did little to nothing for him. His anger had gotten the best of him, but he didn't release it in the way he had planned. A good leader takes all things in stride. If he were to blow away a mountain, that'd only be a sign of weakness. After the session of thinking was done, Roulin stood from the broken mountain side he sat upon and teleported back to his room inside of the UNS building. Maybe sleep would calm his skewered nerves...probably some food and water would too...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:29 pm
When Cecilia fell silent, Erin looked over at her new friend. She could tell that Cecilia felt sad just by looking at her. She didn't have to be an empath like Jeannie or read Cecilia's mind to be able to tell that Cecilia felt badly about something. Erin looked back down at her kabob, wondering whether or not she should try eating more. She tucked a strand of her own hair behind her ear and away from her face. However, Cecilia speaking about her theory made Erin look back up at her, blinking a little. "You may be right. I'm a telepath, not a clairvoyant, but it sounds plausible to me." she said with a slight smile.

====

"I may wish for someone else to take my job away, but that is beside the point of the discussion... but what am I blabbering on about? There is no point to this conversation we are having really. There is no way I can just give my job away. There are rules which must be followed..." Kate murmured softly as she continued to watch the sunset. She too could see the fluctuating auras along the horizon just as Che could. She could feel and see the different spirits being whisked away one by one, like a meteorite shower, as each body died. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be one of those spirits any more really.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Che's quiet voice speaking once again. This time, he was thanking her. Closing her eyes and shaking her head a little bit, the Russian girl replied, "Money holds no value to me. You should know this. A payment for my help has already been accepted. That being the soul of your son, Roulin and yourself once you have helped me return the spirits back to Eternity." Kate's voice, too, was soft and quiet as the sun finally disappeared from sight, leaving the world to the darkness of the night. With a light, inaudible sigh, Kate turned her back on the location in the sky where the sun had disappeared. "Why is it you think I have no freedom?" Kate suddenly asked. She wanted to know why Che was so intent on getting her to change to something that was no longer there as far as she knew.

dragon-talk

Beloved Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 pm
Cecilia gazed at the setting sun. The sky, which was painted in purple, orange, red, and gold hues was beautiful. It was like gazing at a painting with just a splash of colors. The sight of it calmed her sad heart. It also made her realize how late it was. She turned to Erin. "Listen, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk longer, but I'm about to head back to try and get some rest before we have to head out. What do you say, do you want to head back now?" she asked. Despite the fact that Cecilia was going to return to the hotel, did not mean that Erin was obligated to as well. Cecilia stood up and waited for Erin to see if she would come along or remain for a little while longer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:42 pm
Nikolai chuckled lightly at Anya's comment, normal they were anything but, especially him, but he got what she meant, and he agreed with her. He grinned and said, "I preferred it when we weren't getting shot at and nearly murdered by other owls. Though this is a lot more exciting, I like being in one piece personally." The food arrived fairly quickly and Nik started eating. The food was good, better than the microwaveable crap that they had been eating for the past month and a half. When they were finished, Nik had to pay cash, since for some reason his credit card wouldn't work; he reminded himself that when they got back to the room he would need to check why. When they exited the restaurant, it was starting to get dark and the sun was setting, it was almost Nik's favorite part of the day. Smiling, Nik turned to Anya and asked, "Wanna go watch the sunset, or should we just head back to the hotel?" Nik was back in normal mode, bobbing along to the music playing over his headphones like usual. He didn't really care what they did next; it was up to Anya. They had spent too long in the restaurant and most of the tailor shops would probably be closed by now, so Nik would just have to go tomorrow.  

IBlameRoadSuess

Sparkly Gekko

4,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:47 pm
"The money bit was a joke, but you strike me as someone that would rather enjoy it hadn't you been cursed with you job of jobs. Then again, a different upbringing would've made us all different right?" Che inquired, his eyes still transfixed with the warming sunset. A breeze ran through the area pushing back the dark tuft of hair atop Che's head. He brought his fingers through his hair like a comb to reshape it, then looked over to Kate after he second question was asked. The sunset wasn't there to help him any longer.

He didn't know how to outright answer the question. Che, a resident of America since it's inception, had seen the true faces of those enveloped in the grasp of freedom. Unlike Kate, they were more...joyful and outspoken about it. The mastering owl sighed heavily while in his mind, his answer was forming. "You strike me as a person that...that knows how to enjoy themselves...or else they want to, but they don't. Not because they can't, but because they don't. True, responsibilities have bogged you down since forever, but your reaction to both your responsibilities and your life just makes me think you don't have freedom. Physically, you may be free, but mentally, you're a slave to you past and your present. If you keep this up my dear, you future will be just as somber." Calmly and silently, Che stared up into the sky which was still a dark violet tint in some areas while others were black speckled selectively with white. "Not trying to rude, or mean, but that's what I see when I see you. A person who wants to escape their past, but can't because it's made such a nice little niche in your mind."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:39 pm
Erin had hardly noticed how late it had gotten until Cecilia mentioned heading back to her room to get some rest. Erin blinked and looked up at Cecilia. "Oh no. I'll be alright. I'm not tired yet anyway." she replied with a smile as she stood up from the bench, brushing herself off with one hand as the other still held the unfinished kabob. The Artistic Owl smiled at Cecilia despite the fact that her stomach was already doing back flips because of the stress from her confrontation with her sister. "I didn't mean to keep you out this long. You can head back to your room if you like. I'll stay out a little longer. It would be rude of me to keep you from your rest."

====

Anya nodded in agreement with Nikolai's statement about preferring not to get killed by other owls. She couldn't help but smile slightly in amusement at the way he put it so bluntly. Shaking her head, she noticed the food being brought to their table. She gave the waiter a thank you before picking up her fork and starting to eat. After one bite, Anya had to stop because she hadn't eaten anything this good for a few months. Thankfully, it didn't seem that Nik had noticed her reaction to the food. When Nik tried to pay for the food with his credit card, Anya found it strange that it wouldn't work, as it had always worked before. She'd ask him about it later though. As they exited the restaurant, Anya put her hands in her pockets as she followed after Nikolai, who was once again bobbing his head to his music and dancing around. "Nah. We should just go back to our rooms. Besides, we've had a long couple of days anyway."

====

"What else to do humans do to survive, but learn from their past? A past will always follow wherever you go. So why put it behind me and not expect for the same things to happen in the future?" Kate responded, a quizzical expression coming to her face as she looked ahead of her, not looking back at Che as she spoke. After a moment or two of thinking about Che's answer, Kate shook her head slowly, a smirk of disbelief gracing her lips now. She couldn't believe she was going to say this. "I knew how to enjoy myself... But that was a long time ago. I may want to go back to that time, but I do not see a way to do that." As she said this, Kate turned her head up to look at the stars that were increasing in number as the night time settled in. "It may be sad and depressing to you, but that was the way my cards were dealt, so to speak, and I cannot exchange all of them out for a new hand..."  

dragon-talk

Beloved Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:48 pm
Cecilia nodded. She understood perfectly that Erin might want a little while to herself to gather her thoughts given what had happened between her sister and her. "Well, it was nice getting to know you a little better. Hopefully we can do this again," she said in a friendly tone of voice smiling at the shy girl before she turned and walked towards the hotel. As Cecilia drew closer, she could sense a familiar power. Her heart lifted when she realized that it belonged to Roulin. It seemed that he had returned. She checked her purse to make sure that the blueprints were still there before walking into the building. She walked straight to the elevator and rode it up to the floor where Roulin's energy was the most prominent. She had a few questions for him. Not to mention, she still needed to give him the blueprints. Despite the fact that she didn't want to burden him with so much, she could not think of a better time. When she reached the door to his room, she smoothed down her hair before realizing that it would do no good. The humidity had already gotten to it. Cecilia then lifted her right hand and knocked softly on the door. "Roulin? I know you're in there. Can I come in?" she asked never being the type of person who just barged in. She waited for him to answer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:16 pm
A toothy grin accompanied by a laugh came from Che after Kate, who revealed she did know some form of humor, spoke about her life as a bad hand of cards. Smirking still at her metaphor, the more lighthearted owl turned and rested eyes upon his friend and soon to be soul-owner. "I don't find it depressing at all. If anything, it's just another challenge. Now, it's funny that you mention cards my dear," Che began as he took Kate's hand in his, "I don't think you've been around me long enough. While you might not can exchange them out, but I can change them entirely." After placing a kiss atop the somber female's hand, Che turned in the direction of the UNS hotel and started to lightly strut back. "Show's over Kate! Sun's gone down now...might as well get ready to get going soon so c'mon!"

~~~

Roulin's nap was disrupted by a knocking on his hotel room's door. His mind, still tired couldn't make out the voice at first, but after a moment, he knew who it was. His lips bent slightly as he opened his eyes revealing a twinkle of annoyance. More than likely, it would vanish once he actually saw the girl that was on the other side of the door. Sitting on the bed now, he fixed his hair as best as he could, but the end result was still a black puffball that resembled a large dandelion. "Sure, just let me get the door for you..." Telekinetically, Roulin commanded the door to swivel on it's hinges. There was Cecilia standing with a slightly worried expression on her face. Under his breath, he whispered, "Ah crap...." as his head lowered. He could feel from her emotions she was more than worried and with worry came nagging, something Dante would do alot when he was still alive. "I'm guessing saying I can explain isn't going to explain a thing is it? Heh heh...I can explain Cecilia."

Mahareshi

Luna Kosane

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:28 pm
Cecilia stepped into the room after she was allowed in and closed the door softly behind her. She could see Roulin sitting on the bed. Her lips twitched lightly upon seeing his hair. She wanted to run her hand through it, but she silently told her fingers to behave themselves. Cecilia was no empath, but Roulin seemed positively exhausted. Still....there was no better time than now to ask him. She approached the bed, but did not sit down. A very determined expression touched her lips. She wanted answers from him and would lot give up until she got them. "A little more detail would be nice. Why did you leave like that? Why were you so angry? What set you off so much? I was actually worried about you!" she said firmly, speaking loudly, but not exactly yelling; at least not yet. She lifted her hands to her hips waiting for a very good explanation. If Cecilia had to nag him to get answers, then so be it. He had worried her, and now he was going to pay the price.

~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 314 315 316 317 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games