Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15026 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:09 pm

Wherever my mom get's a job. Looking like Dallas, TX most likely, but possibly San Diego, CA or Nashville, TN.

And kk.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:10 pm

Harupiggy
Super Cheesio
Oh god I have to stand at the front of the class tomorrow and give a half improvised speech on why video games are bad for you. D:

Oh oh, be all like, "It distortz ur senze of realities. And so, this is wai we must colonize teh moonz. kthxbai"

Or be all, "This s**t is whack." an' walk out the room.

Or say that video games can twist the way your perceive things, such as right and wrong, or what is real and non-existant. Your sense of time can also be shot to s**t, and video games can change things like your habits, sleep patterns, and personality/attitude towards people.
Also, kids who think they can play the guitar because the can play Guitar Hero.... PISS OUT YOUR a** YOU FAGS! D< (It's hard to play Guitar Hero/Rock Band if you can actually play a guitar. >.> )
I was gonna have a picture of some kid playing Rock Band or something, and be all like, "Playing the Guitar, you're doin' it wrong. >.< Paint is fail though.

Show that episode of South Park where they get like, obsessed with WoW.
Cheesio, can you really defend that argument? I just gave a presentation on the positive effects of video games.

Harupiggy: I don't know if I believe that. Distorting your reality? Really? I think that comes with some sort of other mental issue. Anything you do for extended periods of time can alter your habits.

And I'm so sick of hearing the Guitar Hero -> Guitar complaint. People play Guitar Hero and then have interest in playing the real guitar, which is great. Video games are getting people into doing -real- things.

Meta_Fish
Captain

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Meta_Fish
Also I should be studying for this final but I don't wannaaaaaaa. Dx

I should be getting to class but I don't wannaaaaaaa. Dx

Bai gaiz, I dunno when I'm gonna be on, gonna go watch a movie today. =D Go get a friend who works at a movie theater, I'm srs, like, right nao!
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Rad Electropow
Wherever my mom get's a job. Looking like Dallas, TX most likely, but possibly San Diego, CA or Nashville, TN.

And kk.
Ah, nowhere near me, then. =( Nashville would be kinda cool.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Meta_Fish
Cheesio, can you really defend that argument? I just gave a presentation on the positive effects of video games.
Nonononono, I'm speaking FOR it. I'm saying video games ARE bad for you.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
I know. Can you defend your stance? Tell me how they're bad for you.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:17 pm

Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Oh, I know how they're bad for you, and I have my points, it's just standing up and making a speech that I suck at. I can't find the right wording. Stupid CFS.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Meta_Fish

I just want to be done moving xD I end up carrying everything into and out of the truck/jeep/whatever.

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Oh, I know how they're bad for you, and I have my points, it's just standing up and making a speech that I suck at. I can't find the right wording. Stupid CFS.
That may not be CFS, that may just be social awkwardness, which I also suffer from. It's easier than it seems, though. Just go up there, say what you know about it, and step down. Rehearse alone or in front of a friend or family member.

And what are your points?
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Meta_Fish
Harupiggy
Super Cheesio
Oh god I have to stand at the front of the class tomorrow and give a half improvised speech on why video games are bad for you. D:

Oh oh, be all like, "It distortz ur senze of realities. And so, this is wai we must colonize teh moonz. kthxbai"

Or be all, "This s**t is whack." an' walk out the room.

Or say that video games can twist the way your perceive things, such as right and wrong, or what is real and non-existant. Your sense of time can also be shot to s**t, and video games can change things like your habits, sleep patterns, and personality/attitude towards people.
Also, kids who think they can play the guitar because the can play Guitar Hero.... PISS OUT YOUR a** YOU FAGS! D< (It's hard to play Guitar Hero/Rock Band if you can actually play a guitar. >.> )
I was gonna have a picture of some kid playing Rock Band or something, and be all like, "Playing the Guitar, you're doin' it wrong. >.< Paint is fail though.

Show that episode of South Park where they get like, obsessed with WoW.

Harupiggy: I don't know if I believe that. Distorting your reality? Really? I think that comes with some sort of other mental issue. Anything you do for extended periods of time can alter your habits.

And I'm so sick of hearing the Guitar Hero -> Guitar complaint. People play Guitar Hero and then have interest in playing the real guitar, which is great. Video games are getting people into doing -real- things.

@Fish, Yeah, you'd need a mental disorder beforehand to actually have video games distort your reality, but that can come up as anything, like the people who start seeing falling tetriminoes. I mean, as soon as that starts up, you've been affected by the game.

I actually condone the whole GTA thing, not because it's fun, but because if you can do whatever you want in a game without any reprecussions, you're most likely to do it in the game than in real life. Right? Unless you're really stupid. I mean, I don't read a lot about people recreating stunts from a GTA game, so I mean, that has to be good right?
You can alleviate stress in a GTA game, what better way than to blow s**t up, amiright? >.> I don't think I got my point across, I hope I did.

Yeah. xD I know me too. I'm just talking about people like my cousin who thinks he's god at the guitar, but can hardly play. It's great that someone other than me can play though because he's at least learning. =D Having no one to play with sucks. ^^;
You're talking about normal people, I'm talking about people who have no actual skills, but believe they can replicate what is on the video game screen to an actual guitar. I have seen this.

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Rad Electropow
Meta_Fish

I just want to be done moving xD I end up carrying everything into and out of the truck/jeep/whatever.
I hate moving too. I've never moved out of this town, but my mom has soooo much s**t. She just keeps everything for sentimental value or something, and we have an attic packed to the brim, there's a ton of s**t on the back porch, and then more in the shed outside. Plus all the crap in our rooms.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Harupiggy
@Fish, Yeah, you'd need a mental disorder beforehand to actually have video games distort your reality, but that can come up as anything, like the people who start seeing falling tetriminoes. I mean, as soon as that starts up, you've been affected by the game.

I actually condone the whole GTA thing, not because it's fun, but because if you can do whatever you want in a game without any reprecussions, you're most likely to do it in the game than in real life. Right? Unless you're really stupid. I mean, I don't read a lot about people recreating stunts from a GTA game, so I mean, that has to be good right?
You can alleviate stress in a GTA game, what better way than to blow s**t up, amiright? >.> I don't think I got my point across, I hope I did.

Yeah. xD I know me too. I'm just talking about people like my cousin who thinks he's god at the guitar, but can hardly play. It's great that someone other than me can play though because he's at least learning. =D Having no one to play with sucks. ^^;
You're talking about normal people, I'm talking about people who have no actual skills, but believe they can replicate what is on the video game screen to an actual guitar. I have seen this.
But are falling tetrominoes a bad thing? If you did anything for that long you would be affected by it.

I know what you mean. Playing a game mostly just helps people escape their problems for a short amount of time. They can achieve things they couldn't achieve in real life, they can accomplish.

And ah, alright. I suppose I jumped your case prematurely just about the whole guitar hero thing.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:26 pm

God damn. Old art is boring.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Everything in moderation.

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Meta_Fish
my mom has soooo much s**t.

This. Right here.

And alot of it is YARN.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15026 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games