Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
SPAM CAN Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 15032 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best Megas Album?
  Get Equipped
  Get Acoustic
  Megatainment
  History Repeating Blue
  History Repeating Red
View Results

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Cheesio, can you really defend that argument? I just gave a presentation on the positive effects of video games.
Nonononono, I'm speaking FOR it. I'm saying video games ARE bad for you.
I know. Can you defend your stance? Tell me how they're bad for you.
Oh, I know how they're bad for you, and I have my points, it's just standing up and making a speech that I suck at. I can't find the right wording. Stupid CFS.
That may not be CFS, that may just be social awkwardness, which I also suffer from. It's easier than it seems, though. Just go up there, say what you know about it, and step down. Rehearse alone or in front of a friend or family member.

And what are your points?
Social awkwardness is part of it, but CFS makes it harder to recall every day words. And I am rehearsing, and messing up. My bullet points that I jotted down are as follows:
A lot of research has been put into the effect of video games on people.
#Video games are addictive
#Hours every day on sofa twiddling thumbs
#Lack of exercise, social life, experience in real world
#Cost average £30, don't have £ for other things
#Distracting eg. Homework ignored
#Don't get much done
#Ruin relationships
#People paying more attention to video games
#Can have problems with eyes, hands, seizures and headaches
#Are healthy games like Wii Fit but not played as much as normal thumb-twiddling games
#Research has shown they are bad
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:31 pm

Rad Electropow
Meta_Fish
my mom has soooo much s**t.

This. Right here.

And alot of it is YARN.
xd

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Cheesio, can you really defend that argument? I just gave a presentation on the positive effects of video games.
Oh, I know how they're bad for you, and I have my points, it's just standing up and making a speech that I suck at. I can't find the right wording. Stupid CFS.
That may not be CFS, that may just be social awkwardness, which I also suffer from. It's easier than it seems, though. Just go up there, say what you know about it, and step down. Rehearse alone or in front of a friend or family member.

Social awkwardness is part of it, but CFS makes it harder to recall every day words. And I am rehearsing, and messing up. My bullet points that I jotted down are as follows:
#Don't get much done
#Ruin relationships
#Are healthy games like Wii Fit but not played as much as normal thumb-twiddling games
Aha. Some decent points, but I won't bother starting an argument. xd
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Skine99
Skine99
Hey I told my friends about this and now they want to see.

Anyone have a link to the We have Batman thing Reggie said at E3 years ago?
ninja

Fish maybe you do? ninja

Skine99

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Skine99
Skine99
Skine99
Hey I told my friends about this and now they want to see.

Anyone have a link to the We have Batman thing Reggie said at E3 years ago?
ninja

Fish maybe you do? ninja
Dude, I really doubt you'll be able to find that. It was just something that Denko and I caught as we were watching G4 together and we both just lost it.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Meta_Fish
Harupiggy
@Fish, Yeah, you'd need a mental disorder beforehand to actually have video games distort your reality, but that can come up as anything, like the people who start seeing falling tetriminoes. I mean, as soon as that starts up, you've been affected by the game.

I actually condone the whole GTA thing, not because it's fun, but because if you can do whatever you want in a game without any reprecussions, you're most likely to do it in the game than in real life. Right? Unless you're really stupid. I mean, I don't read a lot about people recreating stunts from a GTA game, so I mean, that has to be good right?
You can alleviate stress in a GTA game, what better way than to blow s**t up, amiright? >.> I don't think I got my point across, I hope I did.

Yeah. xD I know me too. I'm just talking about people like my cousin who thinks he's god at the guitar, but can hardly play. It's great that someone other than me can play though because he's at least learning. =D Having no one to play with sucks. ^^;
You're talking about normal people, I'm talking about people who have no actual skills, but believe they can replicate what is on the video game screen to an actual guitar. I have seen this.
But are falling tetrominoes a bad thing? If you did anything for that long you would be affected by it.

I know what you mean. Playing a game mostly just helps people escape their problems for a short amount of time. They can achieve things they couldn't achieve in real life, they can accomplish.

And ah, alright. I suppose I jumped your case prematurely just about the whole guitar hero thing.

That's okay Fish. ^^ I just didn't say what I meant more clearly.
There is nothing wrong with falling tetriminoes. xD I've had it happen a lot, both with Tetris and Pokemon Puzzle League. Helps me sleep actually. o.o

Yes. That was my point. =D Hooray for fifty-dollar escapes?

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:37 pm

Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish

#Don't get much done
#Ruin relationships
Aha. Some decent points, but I won't bother starting an argument. xd
Yeah, as I wrote them my conscious took a stand against me... Pretty stupid stuff really. Go away conscious. K.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Harupiggy
That's okay Fish. ^^ I just didn't say what I meant more clearly.
There is nothing wrong with falling tetriminoes. xD I've had it happen a lot, both with Tetris and Pokemon Puzzle League. Helps me sleep actually. o.o

Yes. That was my point. =D Hooray for fifty-dollar escapes?
It adds a sense of wonder to the real world I wouldn't have already had. If it weren't for video games I would pretty much have nothing and think about less.

Mhm.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Super Cheesio
Yeah, as I wrote them my conscious took a stand against me... Pretty stupid stuff really. Go away conscious. K.
I don't know what grade you're in, but just saying "research has shown that they're bad" is not a good thing to include. Did you get to pick your topic?
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Yeah I figured. Tis a shame that stuff's just damn hilarious.

We have uh Batman.

Skine99

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:41 pm

Skine99
Yeah I figured. Tis a shame that stuff's just damn hilarious.

We have uh Batman.
If you ever do find it, let me know.

Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish

#Don't get much done
#Ruin relationships

My friend had such a hard time getting her courage up to tell this guy she liked him. D: So she does with helpful nudges from me and another friend, and they begin dating.
A couple months later, we had stopped talking, but we started again, and I was all "wtf, whu you hating on the azns? Don't you date one?" I figure out she was hating on them Asians cause the guy she was dating besically got more into a video game than her... And he had a small p***s. Although, that's besides the point. He was all, "OMFG Shiva (that RE5 chick), blarghhhhh -fapfapfapfap-" So my friend broke up with him. :/

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
I don't know what grade you're in, but just saying "research has shown that they're bad" is not a good thing to include. Did you get to pick your topic?
Me and my friend did, yeah. He took dibs on against the motion though. Also, I also don't know what grade I'm in, because we have years in England not grades.
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm

VROOM VROOM

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:42 pm

My art appreciation teacher is a complete and utter wizard of the English language. Sarcasm.
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15027 15028 15029 15030 15031 15032 ... 26211 26212 26213 26214 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games