Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

danadien_cortavere

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:33 pm

I don't really care about spoilers since I have no plans to watch the show. >.>;; I only ever seemed able to catch one particular episode whenever I did try to watch it and it was an annoying one.

But I don't like a lot of shows like that, either. I don't know if it's just the dubbed ones but I've noticed that a lot of imported anime series treat their audiences like they were born on the stupid side of a brick...constantly overexplaining simple little things, dragging things on, overutilizing the "slow pan across the face with twitchy" shots. I dunno, it just bugs me.

I don't like those ultra-violent anime either (Like Ninja Scroll. I watched about five minutes of that before it got switched off and subsequently ignored...though it wasn't just the blood in that movie that annoyed me >.>;; ).

So I really don't watch that much anime...the ones I do like though are things like Paranoia Agent, Iria (anybody remember that one?), Cowboy Bebop (sometimes), and things similar. The ones that mess with your head.

...I dunno where that places me in the anime fanworld. Ah well.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:14 pm

Hey everyone! xd

I'm Helen, and I joined this guild a few days ago! blaugh

Hope to rp with you all sometime or other!

Later! XD

<3 Helen ^.^

helenluvsboo

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:03 pm

Welcome to all new people!
Hello to everyone else!

Yaawwwnnn....
Hopefully, I'll be starting public school back up again, as the homeschooling stuff bombed... (like, we lost the papers, and it was too late, and, yadda yadda...)
We also get to paint my room, soon ^_^
Two shades of purple ninja
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:17 pm

[ ninja ]I'm popping in. I haven't posted in this thread in a week. I was away a week before that, but I just neglected to post in here. My bad, but life is insanely busy and stressful at the moment, so I won't have much time to check by here often.[/ ninja ]

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Her Shizzyness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:01 pm

You haven't started school yet? Lucky... stare I'm almost through with the first trimester...T__T I hate school....
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:31 am

danadien_cortavere
I don't really care about spoilers since I have no plans to watch the show. >.>;; I only ever seemed able to catch one particular episode whenever I did try to watch it and it was an annoying one.

But I don't like a lot of shows like that, either. I don't know if it's just the dubbed ones but I've noticed that a lot of imported anime series treat their audiences like they were born on the stupid side of a brick...constantly overexplaining simple little things, dragging things on, overutilizing the "slow pan across the face with twitchy" shots. I dunno, it just bugs me.

I don't like those ultra-violent anime either (Like Ninja Scroll. I watched about five minutes of that before it got switched off and subsequently ignored...though it wasn't just the blood in that movie that annoyed me >.>;; ).

So I really don't watch that much anime...the ones I do like though are things like Paranoia Agent, Iria (anybody remember that one?), Cowboy Bebop (sometimes), and things similar. The ones that mess with your head.

...I dunno where that places me in the anime fanworld. Ah well.

A lot of anime fans are like that^_^, the reason is because anime's like Naruto are for younger,teenage audiences,children, or just for action^_^. To put it simply, Dragonball Z + headbands:p

Sorry for spoilers!, btu anyone who hasnt watched alot of the series won't mindXD

Shikimaru is teh awesome though, though i don't like Kiba at all. Choji becomes Hella awesome later on in the show/manga.

The show is like the manga, but add all this extra worthless filler, so they dont overpass the manga.

Micaelae

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:48 am

neutral DBZ + Headbands? Hardly. Don't get me wrong, I liked DBZ, but it's plotline was rather transparent, and constant. I mean, it was always the same . . . (insert villian name) is coming, we all know it, and he/it will destroy the world. Heroes all train, and fail except (with rare exception) Goku. About one-third of the time, (insert villian name) becomes a reluctant ally. That's it. With Naruto, they at least have gone through several challenges and the world is not at stake every week. Only charecters. I understand the fact it is an action based anime, but calling it DBZ+Headbands is just wrong.

So far, there isn't too much about the show that annoys me. Sure there are a few meaningless episodes here and there, but it still moves along well enough. From what I understand, though, filler is what destroyed Bleach. Loved it up until they save Rukia from her execution, but after that . . . I just lost all interest in it.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:32 pm

Yeah, DBZ does seem pretty repetitive. Bad guy! Train! Discover new power! Repeat! But I have to admit, it was entertaining enough for me blaugh

Viperevak

Cobalt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:05 pm

DBZ, every episode I ever saw: 25 minutes of grunting and bulging muscles, while staring at enemy across a large empty field. 2 minutes of dashing around almost too fast to see, senselessly flailing at enemy. 3 minutes of dramatic voice-over detailing the next episode, which will be exactly the same as the this one.

I never understood the appeal of that show. *shrug*
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:32 pm

Amen, sister.

I thought it was fine until the whole...namek thing.

Who knew that four or however many minutes could stretch into a six month drama?

Good evaluation though. I agree entirely with it.

Stupid show.

danadien_cortavere

Panpear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:11 pm

I think everyone realizes the obsurdity of the battle on Namek taking a bizzilion minutes.

However, DBZ was the... second anime I ever saw, as it was on CN right after Sailor Moon (which was the first anime I watched). So, I rather liked it. (No GT! Why did you make Gohan a weak little nerd.... crying ).

Plus, I have nearly all the manga, and it is much better than the anime, I think. First off, FUNimation had to edit the crap out of DBZ, so the first episodes -especially- are laughable. Note how no one dies, and they are all 'sent to another demension'. Yeah. Then the dub itself isn't that good. But whatever.

The manga, especially the DragonBall part of it, is full of humor, and moves a heck of a lot faster than the anime, so you can just breeze by those fight scenes. Which is good. The anime made them longer so they could earn more money. *shrugs*

So head on over to your local library or bookstore, and check out the first DB book to see if you really dislike the series or not.

*relaxes in the eye of the storm before school begins to pummel her into non-exsitance again*
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:47 pm

Yeah, the manga is a whole lot faster. I remember when I finally got to watch anime on television at a hotel, I swear, I must've watched 5 episodes of DBZ, and absolutely nothing happened! That spirit ball just kept charging... and charging... and charging....

Viperevak

Panpear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:56 pm

I remember watching the battle with Frieza, and how the planet was supposed to be destroyed in "5 minutes" and it took like... 10 episodes. If you timed the dialog, it was longer than 5 minutes. And they kept showing the same images of the planet being destroyed over and over and over...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:56 pm

It had to have taken longer than ten episodes. It felt like it was twice that many.
And I didn't even have to time the dialogue to know. All the crap that they did in those last "five minutes" would have taken hours, even with all their "teh awesome powars".

I still say it's a stupid show. razz

danadien_cortavere

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:13 am

I'm so stupid, I thought I've gotten over pointless shoujo anime... but nooooo I start downloading insane amounts of 'Ouran High School Host Club' xD Soooo fun but yet so stupid, waste of my non-existing free time ^^;
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games