Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:42 pm
AngelaAshford
Dayum, that was way back. eek

I got back to playing Indigo Prophesy last night and it made me think I wouldn't mind seeing a re-imagining of the first RE with IP's gameplay. You ccould switch between Chris and Jill at any time, and after the first time you beat it, you could play as Wesker and be the villain instead of the hero.

Edit: So, I went to view those pages and... burning_eyes

I know, right?

I never knew this Bio ever existed...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:55 pm
I believe it was the newbies that turned him this way. I know they made me not like 4 as much. neutral  

MadamTarantula

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:03 pm
Yeah, same here.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:07 pm
Poor, poor Bio.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:11 pm
Yes, I did some growing up. Came out of that cocoon of fanboyism, that I admit to being encased in for a while after RE4's release.

Like I said, it wasn't until I played UC... That's when it was like... Like I was de-brainwashed from some evil cult (Illuminados?).

But I don't see what your point is, Stranger. Back when I said I'd buy RE5, like you said, 2006, you know what existed in 2006? That one teaser trailer that showed a character we didn't even know was Chris and some enemy shadows, that, quite frankly, resembled Crimson Heads. That's it.

After UC came out, and then the new RE5 trailers that exposed RE5 for the Crapfest that I right away knew it was going to be, I said I'm not playing this game. And I'm not. Principles.

Frankly, I had high hopes for RE5 based on that first teaser trailer. There was no indication that it would suck as much as it actually does. But then, new evidence came up, my fanboy shroud was lifted, and I realized that I was NOT going to buy this piece of crap.

And frankly, I don't regret it. I have higher standards now, that's not a bad thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:20 am
No point really, Bio. I was just trying to be cute. Lighten up a little.

It would have been interesting to see the game that teaser trailer was, with 'a whole new enemy' and the heat meter and stuff. Coulda been cool.

The RE5 we got is not a bad game. It's not a great game, but it's not as horrid as you make it out to be either. And this is coming from someone who's actually played it.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:58 pm
I'm sure it's not a bad video game. I'm sure it's a-fine-video-game, as defined by the robots that are game critics. I have no doubt the graphics are great, the mechanics are solid, sound, etc. etc. etc. But I'm talking about how it pertains to the overall series, and in that respect, it is a travesty, it is a piece of garbage. Because it's not Resident Evil. I want to play a Resident Evil game, and this isn't it.
Which means, as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't fulfill what it's supposed to. Which means, it fails.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:17 pm
Thee Stranger
Zader_Sylun
Hello, Im new here ^.^ The names Luna. nice to meet you all and as for the last post-er Deadpool? Sweeet.

Yes, Deadpool is cool. I own his whole entire Vol. 1 run #1-69, plus all the annuals, one shots, original X-Force debut, original two 4-part mini series', Agent X's, and other miscellaneous debris. 3nodding

Wow, that's a lot of Deadpool. you have almost as much memorabilia is I do for Supernatural.  

Zader_Sylun

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 pm
Anyways that game is called RE5, get it, 5! its a sequel if course its not going to be as good as the original. They were just trying to freshen up the plot. Why must people ALWAYS complain. No one is ever happy.

And since were on the subject of complaining, i shall as well. I only have one problem with RE. WFT did you do to Leon in Degeneration!! he looks like F*ing Harrison Ford, cept hes got the personality like a smug Sylvester stallone. k done.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:52 pm
Leon hasn't had a personality since 4.  

MadamTarantula

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 pm
*loads rifle.* Anyone want to go to the Leon Shooting Gallery? I heard you get lots of points if you hit Leon square in the noggin.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 pm
Maybe fans of the series would be happier if the plot was actually good. Capcom ruined virtually every good character RE has ever had. Wesker, Jill, Leon, Claire, all have been butchered by stupid, INSANELY stupid plot decisions. So... I can't like the series for its characters. What else did RE have? It had... Wel, Survival horror... Which there isn't any.
And even if they decide to tack on some of the better monsters among the crappy gigantes and majini, and other stupid enemies, it doesn't save it.
Afterall, Umbrella Chronicles was nothing but T-Virus monsters, but it still royally sucked.
Resident Evil was always about the storyline for me, not necessarily the characters, but the artificial universe, the setting, the backstory, and then, yes, the characters. But all of that sucks now.

And I really don't care for the, "Series had to change" philosophy. It's like my evolution analogy.
Resident Evil used to be a badass Velociraptor... Now it's nothing but a garbage picking seagull. That's what the series has 'evolved' into.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:25 pm
Barry was never ruined because he hasn't been in anything for years.

crying  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:38 pm
AngelaAshford
Barry was never ruined because he hasn't been in anything for years.

crying
Well, the fact that characters like Barry, Nicholai and Rebecca have been seemingly forgotten is almost a blessing, since if the were to appear, I have no doubt in my mind that Capcom would find some horrible way to ruin them. So frankly, I think it's a good thing they've been abandoned in their prime.

It's like with Jill, she really would've been better off dead.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:52 am
Opinions, opinions. Again, arguing about this s**t is about effective as arguing whether or not tomatoes taste good. As far as RE5 pertains to the overall series, it actually felt like a true sequel to me, whereas RE4 did not. No, it is not Survival Horror. I will agree with you on that point, but I knew that going into it. In regards to horror, RE5 falls flat even more so than RE4. There's only one nighttime level in the entire game, and you're on a turret. But as far as the story and the overall themes in the game, it is a much better sequel than RE4. The storyline isn't perfect, but RE's storyline never was. It's always been cheesy. That was half the fun.

Anyway, if I made RE5, it would have been a much more epic conclusion. It would be divided into chapters with every surviving character returning for each of those respective chapters. It would be a long game, spanning many events and locations around the world. lol, I'd totally rip-off the beginning of MGS4 for the opening. xd

Like, Chris would be standing at Jill's grave, and then a helicopter lands in the middle of the graveyard and Barry gets out. You could probably imagine where it would go from there.

I'll get back to the debate in the grill after I get some sleep. Peace.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games