Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:08 am
User Image
Alright, I'm heading off. Talk to you later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:19 pm
User Image
Hello everyone.

So, apparently Dr. Overman had today off for vacation... but I wasn't notified about it. *laughs* As a result, I had no paperwork to do for anyone. Instead I socialized with the six cats that were in ISO. There were a couple that seemed like they were well enough that they might get moved up. Another - a kitten - still needs to gain some weight before it'll get moved up, I think. The remaining three are still dealing with some cold systems, so it'll be awhile before they get a chance on the adoption floor.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:22 pm
User Image
So... I'm guessing I wasn't one of the lucky ones to be selected for job shadowing at the kennel daycare/boarding place I applied at and had the interview for. *sighs* Back to the drawing board in terms of job searching...

Dad commented that I should apply at fast food places just so I can get some form of experience on my resume. Yeah, Dad... I've done that. Even they don't seem to want me for some reason.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:26 pm
User Image
Honestly at times like these I'm really considering the idea of having my own business. I'm thinking along the lines of crafty stuff, sort of like a novice level version of what JoEllen Elam and Traci Hines do with their own crafty merchandise they sell and commission. I may be fairly new to the whole costume/crafty end of things... but I'm sure with some more practice and experience I could create some nice stuff. *shrugs*

And obviously I'll continue doing my pet-sitting services. I've quite enjoyed doing that.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:31 pm
User Image
*sings along to music*
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image
Do What You Love! How to Identify & Pursue Your Passions

As Confucius said, “choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life.” It’s great advice, but it’s not always that simple—it can be difficult to figure out what you love and how to parlay that into a viable business or job.

Indeed. Especially with my particular interests and the current economy/job market.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:46 pm
User Image
1. Remember What You Loved as a Child
Often, our truest passions emerge in childhood, only to be squelched by real life pressures. So think about what you loved long before you had to worry about your career. [...] Getting back in touch with those instincts is an important step in finding your passion.

*pulls out "time capsule" project from 6th grade* Alright, 11-12 year old me... let's see if anything I put down on this is something I can pull job inspiration from. Since I put quite a few things down, I'll only address the ones I actually would consider a job in.

"Teacher" - If ever do go in the teaching direction, I would prefer to be a college professor. I enjoy intellectual conversations and know I would get that with college students - without the middle/high school drama. English, Literature, and Film/Theatre are areas I would focus on.

"Writer" - Obviously this is my main career goal.

"Actor on Star Trek" - I enjoyed doing my theatre/acting classes in college, so I could see a potential of testing out the TV/Movie acting field. Not just in the Star Trek field, obviously.

"Animal Photographer" - Possible income source if someone was interested enough in some of the shots of animals, plants, and scenery I've done.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:50 pm
User Image
4. Read through a University Course Catalog

Find some quiet time and see which courses naturally interest you. What would you study if you could do it all over? What courses do you think you could teach? Which subjects scare you to death, and which ones do you find boring? Revisiting these possibilities will help point you in the direction of subjects and topics that you love.

I'll return to this one later.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:55 pm
User Image
5. Identify your Professional Hero

Of everyone you know, either personally or in your extended frame of reference (from your dermatologist to Oprah), whose career would you most want to emulate?

I love seeing what JoEllen Elam and Traci Hines are up to in regards to their cosplay, costume design, and other crafty projects. They're the main reasons why I've started embracing my crafty side more and contemplated the idea of having my own crafty business.

Indigoverse is great to follow through his own photography jobs and opportunities, both for personal business and association with the above girls when they're doing cosplay/costume photoshoots.

In terms of acting, while I have my favorite actors and actresses, it's the cast of Supernatural that I feel match my personal acting experience best. While they may be on the "B" level of acting (as some of their works would be classified), they still manage to be impressive actors and on a respectable level of popularity. Probably the best area for someone like me.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:58 pm
User Image
Most universities require English professors to have, at the minimum, a master’s degree [...] With a master’s, you can teach students pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree, but you will need a Ph.D. in literature to teach graduate level students.

I figured as much.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm
User Image
*looks at her former university's website* They've updated the look of the website...

User Image User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:07 pm
User Image
No new classes there that I would've wanted to take. Pretty much the same old, same old stuff.
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 pm
User Image
Alright... let's see what courses would interest me if I was attending the university I've thought of attending if I continued onwards to get my Masters.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:17 pm
User Image
Some of the classes I'm looking at right now that catch my eye, at least in the particular "school" are primarily focused on film - both the study of them culturally and creating various aspects. Some of the projects that you work on for some of the classes sound pretty cool (i.e. a documentary). There are a couple dancing classes I saw that focused on the culture around particular types and what not. There's even a couple "Dance in Film" classes. Cool!
User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:22 pm
User Image
Okay, seriously... there's a lot of classes I'm seeing that I would love to check out. Definitely makes me excited to think that I could potentially do them if I continued my education at this university.

User Image
User Image

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 ... 2595 2596 2597 2598 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games