Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:59 pm
Well, i enjoyed RE4. I have lots of inside jokes with my friends about 4 and 5. It also helps me pass the time at work by drawing comics with my friend. My fav comic was when the villagers were actually playing bingo and Lord Saddler was the bingo number announcer.

and as for five it still cracks me up how I lined up my shoot in Merc and was about to hit the "grass hula skirt man" that's what i like to call him mrgreen (I know what his real name is) and as i shoot to get the perfect head shot he limboed away from my bullet. lol

Over all games are meant for entertainment and it certainly entertained me.
just as RE made me laugh due to bad voice actors and RE2 made me laugh with scary bad graphics.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:06 pm
When RE2 came out, its graphics were top of the line. It's kind of unfair to call the graphics bad. In fact, I don't remember a better looking game to come out at the beginning of 1998. Certainly not for PS1.
I mean, that's like saying Remake has bad graphics just because there are better looking games now.

And hey, if for you Resident Evil has been nothing but laughs and kicks, then there are different reasons we play Resident Evil.
I always played it for the storyline, the setting, the backstory. That's what matters to me, so in a purely storyline sense, RE4 and everything that came after is a crime against the franchise.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
When RE2 came out, its graphics were top of the line. It's kind of unfair to call the graphics bad. In fact, I don't remember a better looking game to come out at the beginning of 1998. Certainly not for PS1.
I mean, that's like saying Remake has bad graphics just because there are better looking games now.

And hey, if for you Resident Evil has been nothing but laughs and kicks, then there are different reasons we play Resident Evil.
I always played it for the storyline, the setting, the backstory. That's what matters to me, so in a purely storyline sense, RE4 and everything that came after is a crime against the franchise.

Well no kidding it was good back then. I was 8, that s**t was amazing, but Im talking about present time. RE hasnt been just laughs for me, i love playing them. I just find humor in just about anything. I mean I basically seen every horror movie out there, (new ones anyway) and I probably have some kind of inside joke about them too. I sense of thinking is kinda warped mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:42 pm
Well, I don't like to do that. Yes, sometimes things can't help but being funny. But when it comes to horror and things like that, I do my best to take them seriously.
At one point, Silent Hill became the center of many jokes, and after a while, I basically had to isolate myself from any and all Silent Hill fans because I found myself starting to not take it seriously anymore.
And if I can't take something like Silent Hill seriously, then I don't want to play it.

But even with Resident Evil, in spite of bad dialogue, or whatnot, what I always loved about it was the idea of this big huge company, friendly in the face of public, but secretly doing genetic research. I mean, it involves two things I love very much: Genetics and Conspiracy
Then you add zombies, and I don't mean some crappy villagers with parasites, I mean the walking dead, rotting flesh, open wounds, missing patches of skin, missing limbs, torn up clothing. The whole 9 yards. Another thing I love very much. That's what Resident Evil was all about for me.
Jill was just the sauce on the sandwich, pun intended.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zader_Sylun

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:55 pm
I try not to take things serious, just because i enjoy life always happy. Im happy-go-lucky.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 pm
And can you honestly tell me you dont find this funny?

User Image  

Zader_Sylun

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:22 pm
While that is all kinds of awesome, there's a difference between taking things seriously and not enjoying them.
I mean look at horror... Let's say you have a really good, really scary horror movie. If you make jokes about it, it stops being scary....
But I LIKE being scared... That's what I enjoy about horror, it's the thrill, the adrenalin, the suspense... I enjoy it very much, but in order for me to feel it, I have to be completely immersed, in other words, I have to 'be there', take it seriously. Otherwise, I might as well play Evil Dead: Degeneration, Dead Head Fred, or Stubbs the Zombie, while awesome games, they're made mainly for laughs.
But when I play REmake, or Silent Hill, or another horror game. I don't want to laugh, I want to get some cheap scares at least, or in case of most Silent Hill games, full on gut twisting dread and terror.
That's what I enjoy about horror.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
While that is all kinds of awesome, there's a difference between taking things seriously and not enjoying them.
I mean look at horror... Let's say you have a really good, really scary horror movie. If you make jokes about it, it stops being scary....
But I LIKE being scared... That's what I enjoy about horror, it's the thrill, the adrenalin, the suspense... I enjoy it very much, but in order for me to feel it, I have to be completely immersed, in other words, I have to 'be there', take it seriously. Otherwise, I might as well play Evil Dead: Degeneration, Dead Head Fred, or Stubbs the Zombie, while awesome games, they're made mainly for laughs.
But when I play REmake, or Silent Hill, or another horror game. I don't want to laugh, I want to get some cheap scares at least, or in case of most Silent Hill games, full on gut twisting dread and terror.
That's what I enjoy about horror.

Yah, i love being scared too. but only some parts of movies get me on the egde of my seat. Like the new Jason. but mostly cause I didnt want Jared P. to die. I love horror is much I met Jared and also met the Star in my bloody Valentine (Jensen A.)
But I find the best way for me to get scared is a good old haunted house.  

Zader_Sylun

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:46 pm
Well, it's not like there's one in every neighborhood.
Besides, it's not as if you could just go in and spend all the time you want in there.
In games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, (you know, the ones that aren't rail shooters), you're stuck in the mansion, or a building, or a hospital, or whatever. And you can roam around, look for a way out, there's a feeling of isolation, of a real purpose.

There's only one Haunted House I've been to that's even close to that. It was alien themed. There was this capsule and stuff, and this scientist is like, "So many years ago, we discovered a UFO," etc etc etc. Then the capsule breaks and it's empty, and he's like, "Oh no! It's escaped!" and ran off. That was the best haunted house I've ever been to.

I've been in the front yard of a REAL haunted house once. Apparently it was abandoned because there were murders there, or something. It was on the outskirts of a town I used to live in. I would've went inside, except one of our party was too scared. People who get scared too easily always ruin all the fun. gonk

But okay... If you like being scared... How do you feel about the fact that RE4 simply isn't scary? And from what I heard, RE5 is even less scary than 4.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:04 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, it's not like there's one in every neighborhood.
Besides, it's not as if you could just go in and spend all the time you want in there.
In games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill, (you know, the ones that aren't rail shooters), you're stuck in the mansion, or a building, or a hospital, or whatever. And you can roam around, look for a way out, there's a feeling of isolation, of a real purpose.

There's only one Haunted House I've been to that's even close to that. It was alien themed. There was this capsule and stuff, and this scientist is like, "So many years ago, we discovered a UFO," etc etc etc. Then the capsule breaks and it's empty, and he's like, "Oh no! It's escaped!" and ran off. That was the best haunted house I've ever been to.

I've been in the front yard of a REAL haunted house once. Apparently it was abandoned because there were murders there, or something. It was on the outskirts of a town I used to live in. I would've went inside, except one of our party was too scared. People who get scared too easily always ruin all the fun. gonk

But okay... If you like being scared... How do you feel about the fact that RE4 simply isn't scary? And from what I heard, RE5 is even less scary than 4.

I really like the one I went into last year it was called " Raven's luntic Asylum" the best part was when the crazy pysco patient chases you into a hallway then the wall closes in on you and you feel like your going to fall over the edge.
Well I do have to say that at least in RE4 the regenerations and the iron maidens scare me, not so much now cuz, well i have a rocket launcher, but in 5, there is nothing remotely scary and I was disappointed.  

Zader_Sylun

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:18 am
Man, am I the only one who didn't find the Regenerators nor the Iron Maidens scary? They were annoying at best.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:21 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Man, am I the only one who didn't find the Regenerators nor the Iron Maidens scary? They were annoying at best.

The sound they made was worse than their actual look.  

Zader_Sylun

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:33 am
That's actually the part I found annoying.

What was creepy was in the good ol classics... You're in a room. You can't see what's around the corner, but you hear either breathing, or clacking of footsteps, or something of the sort. You carefully walk through the room, hoping to reach the monster before it reacts.
But you don't, it discovers you, and starts running for you, then jumps, or does whatever it does. THAT's what was so awesome about Hunters, Lickers, and Cerberuses.
The problem with RE4 is that once ONE enemy discovers you, pretty much every enemy knows you're there, and they'll all just come to you. You kill them, they produce bullets that you'd then use to kill the rest of the enemies that are after you. So much for "True Horror".  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:59 am
@Zader: So I heard you liek joking about RE...

User Image

I do too. mrgreen  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:01 am
Well, that's RE4. If you can't make fun of it, what's it for?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games