Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gornwen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:31 pm
On a completely random note, somebody's smoking pot in my hall agian... stupid dorm.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:32 pm
You'd think they'd go someplace off campus to do that in case they got caught.  

Zach McClure

Zurgi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:49 pm
See, the thing is, people either:

a) aren't that smart
b) are too lazy
c) believe they won't get caught

I know people in my school who skip class....and hang out inside the school while they're skipping. I never understood it, personally.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:03 pm
I am in serious need of help for a title for my fan fic. Anyone good at coming up with titles? For inspiration, I have attatched the long-ish summery.

Summery: Young Elrohir feels left out because Naneth is busy with Arwen and Ada has taken Elladan out to learn to sail without him. Feeling unwanted he decides to run away to his Grandparents in Lothlorien, just before one of the worst storms Imladris has ever seen. Elrond is determined to find his young son, and make him feel loved, before he loses him forever.  

TenshinoHikari

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:45 pm
Zurgi
I know people in my school who skip class....and hang out inside the school while they're skipping. I never understood it, personally.

One time I skipped and played air hockey in the cafeteria when my class was on the stage that was in the cafeteria. Yeah the stage doors were shut but people always randomly came out. The thing was it was drama class. No one cared whether I stayed or left at the time. I think we were setting up for Twelfth Night and I was House and Box Office... which is a crap job and didn't need being done during class.

But yeah that was my stupid skipping story. If I was caught I either would have made a lame excuse (that would have worked) or just gone to class to do nothing. After my game of air hockey of course!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:52 pm
Gornwen
On a completely random note, somebody's smoking pot in my hall agian... stupid dorm.

xd
People are just stupid.

I've never skipped class, because I know I'll get caught. I prefer to take the entire day off, personally.  

Melian

Gornwen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:53 pm
Melian

I've never skipped class, because I know I'll get caught. I prefer to take the entire day off, personally.

yes, yes... "I'm sick... really..." Those are always lovely days.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:14 am
It's kind of funny, over the years, I've developped a faking sick technique that works 90% of the time.
Some tips if you're going to fake sick in the morning:
- don't talk at all until you tell your parent "I don't feel well/I feel sick." First thing in the morning, your voice is all croaky and weird.
- don't lick your lips for awhile. It's the little things like dry (possibly cracky) lips that add effect.
- if you're the kind of person like myself, to wake up at odd hours in the night, use it to your advantage. Go sit yourself in the bathroom, turn on the light and leave the door open. If you're lucky (or live in a tiny house) then someone will notice and dote on you and send you back to bed. Be sure to ask for a bucket.

What's even better is when you start telling yourself "I feel bad, I'm going to be sick." and you start believing it. Makes it all go down smoothly.

Since this has worked since I was in grade four, my parents are either really stupid, or I'm a better actress than I thought.

Wee! I'm going prom dress shopping today!  

Caeleste

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:51 am
I do that fake saick thing, too...but not that often. I only skip class rarely, and only classes I don't like. One time, the rest of the school was doing exams, and we weren't, so we had normal classes, which lasted longer than the exams. After the last exam in the school was finished, we still had another class, spanish, I wasn't in the mood for the teacher, so I just blended in with the rest of the school, and walked out the gate and went home. All the while, my class were stuck in spanish. hehe.

On another note, I saw 'Team America: World Police' last night, and I recommend everyone to go see it, if you haven't already. The best bit by far was the puppet sex scene. All it was was jirating puppets lying on top of each other, and in several different positions. xd Hilarious. but there are loads od scenes that are slightly less funny, but they will still make you laugh alot.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:37 am
Yeah, I've never skipped class, nor have I done the fake sick thing. Well...not completely. There have been times when I haven't been feeling well, but was really well enough to go to school, and I just exagerrate the symptoms and say I feel worse than I do xd

The problem with my mom and the "I think I'm going to be sick" thing...is that she'll say "well, then go" and if you don't throw up she thinks you're lying.

So I don't do that. The easier thing for me is saying my throat's sore, it's hard to breathe, and that my chest hurts when I breathe. Which a lot of the time is true xd And my mom is extremely worried with any asthma problems, since I've almost died from asthma attacks before, so that normally works.

And Team America: World Police is a kickass movie. I saw it in theatres with my dad and brother (stupid 18a). Hilariously funny, I love their theme song...

I also love when he's in the back of the truck with the terrorists and he's giving them the signal and they just keep firing xd And of course, the signal is just hilarious..  

Zurgi

treythea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:14 am
I skip (double) games sometimes, but I just go to nice empty computerroom and go on computers. XD MPF is nice and doens't actually mind, suprisingly... he's the IT teacher. xD My parents'll let me stay off if I say I'm not well enough to go, but I don't usually bother. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:20 am
I used to skip classes and have "sick" days all the time at school. xd ...Of course now, being at college, if you don't feel like attending a class then you don't have to. It's not a case of having to tell anyone, you just don't show up if you don't wish to.  

Khorkalba

curumo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:32 am
I never fake sick or skip. I'm sort of afraid to...

I think the only time I came close to faking sick was when I didn't want to go with my parents to the parent/teacher interviews in Grade 6. And I was sick for the whole day anyway, so it was really me just extending my sickness so I wouldn't have to go. And even then, I think I was still sick...

Edit: Sweet monkey Tuesdays! I got a blue gift box when I posted this!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:04 am
Longbow UK
Of course now, being at college, if you don't feel like attending a class then you don't have to. It's not a case of having to tell anyone, you just don't show up if you don't wish to.

sweatdrop I wanted to skip my ODEs II class... I just didn't feel like going... So I was walking out of the building, and my prof was going in. She tells me "Aren't you coming to class???" xp I had to turn back xp

But in the 7 terms I've been here, I've only skipped about one class per term, due to being sick (yes, I get sick once a term, how stupid is that?) and the occasional sleeping in xd  

Edhellos

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:14 am
I've never skipped class or faked sick. I simply don't dare too. I'm horribly afraid of getting in trouble sweatdrop . Besides, since I have honors classes it is REALLY hard to catch up when I do miss it for some reason.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games